Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
man the clippers need to do something fast. if not melo then something

even the warriors garbage bench players ate off of them last night

Oh okay, guys. It was all part of his master plan :rofl:

We've been had! Shucks.

Idk anything about baseball but being a catcher is hard? What's hard about it?

The mental aspect:

They're essentially the point guard/quarterback. They decide what the pitcher is gonna throw, so they have to know the strengths/weaknesses of the team's pitching staff as well as the strengths/weaknesses of every batter on the other team. And the umps too, they have to know what each ump's strike zone is like. The pitcher has final say and can shake off the catcher if they want to throw something else, but a lot of times the catcher essentially calls the game as far as pitch selection/location. Need to have a high baseball IQ. (I don't really hear that term as often as basketball IQ but I'm going with it anyway).

The physical aspect:

Crouching down the whole time is rough on the legs and back, so catchers need more rest days. Other position players can play 155-160 games no problem, but catchers are usually more in the 130-145 range. In addition to the crouching, they take 90+ mph foul tips to the chest/arms/face all the time and even with the padding and masks, they still take a beating. Concussions can happen sometimes if they catch one square in the face. Catchers usually have shorter careers which is why elite-hitting catching prospects will sometimes get moved to another position so their hitting doesn't suffer (Bryce Harper for example). Or guys who've spent years being a catcher might switch to 1st base/DH as they get older to prolong their careers (Joe Mauer).

What team beat the Warriors the most in those 7 games

We really looking over it like its nothing? Still trying to figure out what gives the Clippers the best chance at beating them over Memphis :lol:

Last edited:

Who's that in your avi?
India Love
smokin.gif

Last edited:

Schroder's swagger was not exactly appreciated by his German basketball coaches. He showed up at his first organized basketball practice in skinny jeans, a windbreaker and Vans.
roll.gif
Did i read correctly that Schroder's biological dad, Axel, is white?
if that was in the article i must have missed it but from the eye test i'm pretty sure his dad wasn't white 
laugh.gif

Inspiration comes in all forms. Dennis Schroder, the Atlanta Hawks' starting point guard, found his in a letter written by a middle-aged white technology firm manager in his hometown, the northern German industrial city of Braunschweig.

The manager: his father, Axel. The letter: a reminder of a conversation they had just a week earlier about what a career in basketball could do for Dennis and the entire family. Dennis, then 16, discovered the one-page letter in the belly drawer of his father's desk one day after Axel was found dead, sitting back on his couch after eating lunch, of heart failure.

Not long after that, Axel convinced Fatou and her two adolescent children to move to Braunschweig. They were soon married and welcoming a son, Dennis

Schroeder is the real life Liam Gallagher

to keep it a buck tho...it says they "welcomed a son". doesn't necessarily say that son is biologically his. 
nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom