Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

The only threat in the middleweight division for ggg was either lemiuiex or :lol: willie monroe.

Only real threat for ggg MIGHT be canelo MIGHT, or the light heavyweight division. Kovolev is a problem, ward might frustrate ggg and try to catch him slippin off the strength of how relentless ggg is.

Last edited:
The only threat in the middleweight division for ggg was either lemiuiex or :lol: willie monroe.

Only real threat for ggg MIGHT be canelo MIGHT, or the light heavyweight division. Kovolev is a problem, ward might frustrate ggg and try to catch him slippin off the strength of how relentless ggg is.
Andrade and J-Roc could pose more of a threat if you want to go from 154. But they can't even get the fights they need to break out in their own division.

Yeah, okay. There are definitely a bunch of boxing "fans" that appear to hate Golovkin and discredit everything he does. Dude fights anybody that is willing and will sign a contract that doesn't conflict with other scheduled fights.

Name a middleweight that will beat him that hasn't tucked tale and run when a fight was proposed. All the talk now means nothing if these dudes don't sign to fight. Everybody is popping off on social media now, but when it comes to it we'll see what happens.

People need to stop saying Brook could win if he didn't get injured, he didn't pull a muscle or something. Golovkin broke his face with a legal blow and had him on wobbly legs. Watch the finish again, Brook's legs weren't as stable as you think.

As for who dodges Berto? Danny Garcia, the lamest dude in the boxing game right now (only dude more lame is Broner).

Yeah, the reaction to this fight is a little weird. Maybe people are desperate to see weakness in GGG. In round 1, he almost took Brook out of there on the 1st real shots he landed. By round 3, he broke his eye socket. In round 4, he made him visibly quit. In round 5, they threw in the towel.

Danny doesn't catch much slander because this nonsense is expected from him. We can only hope that he either stops getting gift decisions or one of these gatekeepers knocks him out.

Andrade and J-Roc could pose more of a threat if you want to go from 154. But they can't even get the fights they need to break out in their own division.
What do you think of ggg vs zurdo?

GGG beats him too but it will probably take longer to chop him down. I really doubt GGG will move to 168, there are no money fights there and he makes 160 comfortably. Saunders, Eubanks Jr, and Jacobs are brave all of a sudden after seeing Golovkin showing some "vulnerabilities" on Saturday. Let's see where this goes.

As a DSG fan that's weak as F.... What a lame man smh

Are you from his neighborhood in Philly? Only reason I could see anybody being a fan of that bum.

Garcia should have two legit losses on his record, but continue to masquerade as a future pound for pound great.

Are you from his neighborhood in Philly? Only reason I could see anybody being a fan of that bum.

Garcia should have two legit losses on his record, but continue to masquerade as a future pound for pound great.
Nah I'm from Chicago, reside in Miami now.

Should've would've could've the record is what it is. But him and Angel's antics getting played now. The jig is up.

Dude is humble in person. Always respectful and affable when I see him out in public down here in Miami, plus we the same age and both Puerto Rican.  We share a mutual friend and see each other quiet frequently now since he has recently moved out to FL with his family.

But this **** is huff as hell. Dude literally hasn't fought since January. It's obvious what their gameplan is: Stack as much money as they can, pick and chose fights that are "safe" for them and keep that 0 in tact in case Floyd ever comes out and wants to pick them out the lottery for another pay day.

I cant fully knock a man trying to finesse the system and get as much money as he can in a sport that can leave you with some long lasting effects to your body, but dawg, its time to man up and put them hands up. WHO ducks berto? Why? That's a winnable fight, fight Berto, fight Khan again early 2017 since he's your mandatory and then go Thurman/Porter. That should be his mindset, but he's protected by his management and his team, if it makes dollars it makes sense for all of them.

When you see him you should only speak in Spanish to him.

He doesn't want to take any risks because the judges robbed Herrera and Peterson. Dude has got to be worried about the day those gift decisions run out and he still hasn't gotten a big money fight.

John Molina won his last 2 fights. One of those wins was against Provodnikov.

Berto beat Ortiz who hadn't fought since 12/12/15

Did he really duck Berto? Does Berto really deserve another title fight just because he beat Victor Ortiz?

As bad as some folks can get on hear discrediting fighters, we got nothing on boxingscene. Those dudes are comparing Kell Brook to Rod Salka, asking if Golovkin or Garcia is worse.

Matthsye jacked up prov for life tho.

Berto is more deserving then molina, who has whats anout to be 7 dam losses.

Mitchell Abramson ‏@mabramson13  2h2 hours ago
I asked Canelo what he thought of GGG's performance against Kell Brook and he said "nothing special."
 Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  3h3 hours ago Grapevine, TX
Bedford believes a Canelo-GGG fight in Texas would draw 80 to 90,000 people.He helped bring Chavez-Whitaker to San Antonio, which had 63,500

Canelo vs Golovkin at Jerry's World, spring of 2017. I'm there. I bet the atmosphere would be incredible. Like, all of the Cowboys home games this season wrapped into one night incredible.

A man let me get this straight, **** the cowboys and **** jerry jones.

But if canelo vs ggg is at jerry world im in there like swimwear!!

John Molina won his last 2 fights. One of those wins was against Provodnikov.

Berto beat Ortiz who hadn't fought since 12/12/15

Did he really duck Berto? Does Berto really deserve another title fight just because he beat Victor Ortiz?

You might be making too much sense for this thread at this point :lol:

In my opinion, Berto is straight buns! I don't know why you guys are saying Danny is ducking Berto.

Both Molina and Berto suck but atleast Molina let's those hands go! It'll be an entertaining right!

Molina ain't one of those slick fighters like Berto, he'll brawl!

Which means he's more entertaining to casual fans and more vulnerable to get knocked out!

Smart business move by Danny's team. Y'all are forgetting it's a business.

Last edited:
DSG said no to a fight with Berto, would rather fight Molina
Might not be a clear cut case of ducking, but both very lackluster choices and he went with the lesser quality fighter of the two.

Back
Top Bottom