OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

It might not be far off...
Reed stays healthy, Kirk loves him, he could be right there.
But he has bug health problems...

So I pick 4th in my 12tm lg - I keep ODB for a 10th, David Johnson is being kept. 

I pick 1st in my 14 tm lg

I find myself drafting AP in both leagues. 

In that 14tm league RBs go basically non-stop till they are gone. Is he the safest 1st round RB? I cant make up my mind. 

So I pick 4th in my 12tm lg - I keep ODB for a 10th, David Johnson is being kept. 

I pick 1st in my 14 tm lg

I find myself drafting AP in both leagues. 

In that 14tm league RBs go basically non-stop till they are gone. Is he the safest 1st round RB? I cant make up my mind. 
I don't think I will have Adrian Peterson on any of my teams this year. He does not catch a lot of balls and he certainly does not find the end zone enough for my liking. For where he is being drafted I would look either at a different position or take a guy like Lamar Miller which has a bigger upside

Love this thread before anyone starts drafting.  After most posters have their teams set, this becomes one of if not the worst thread on NT.

Look forward to participating for the next couple weeks and then not again until next year's thread.

Love this thread before anyone starts drafting.  After most posters have their teams set, this becomes one of if not the worst thread on NT.

Look forward to participating for the next couple weeks and then not again until next year's thread.

The thread moves so fast that's why. Hard to ever keep up come Saturday/Sunday morning.

I don't think I will have Adrian Peterson on any of my teams this year. He does not catch a lot of balls and he certainly does not find the end zone enough for my liking. For where he is being drafted I would look either at a different position or take a guy like Lamar Miller which has a bigger upside
There is so much unknown with Lamar Miller IMO. But valid point about AP not catching the ball. 

In my 12tm lg I could take a WR at the 4 spot but in the 14tm lg if I dont snag a top RB with that first pick there wont be anything left when i go again at pick 28.

You always sound like you've got a stick up your ***.

Go pull up last yrs thread, we all held it down. Anyone who is a regular to the thread could tell you how much of a help this thread can be.

Can some questions become repetitive? Sure. Is there a such thing as a dumb question? Sure. But what might be an easy answer to some isn't too all, so I've got no problem lending some advice to someone in need.

I remember during last season giving based mod based mod a faulty tip some random week in the season. Monday comes and he called me out on it :lol:... in jest, if course.

For the most part this thread is one of the best running.

Go pull up last yrs thread, we all held it down. Anyone who is a regular to the thread could tell you how much of a help this thread can be.

Can some questions become repetitive? Sure. Is there a such thing as a dumb question? Sure. But what might be an easy answer to some isn't too all, so I've got no problem lending some advice to someone in need.

I remember during last season giving based mod based mod a faulty tip some random week in the season. Monday comes and he called me out on it :lol:... in jest, if course.

Co-sign. This thread has made me money the last two seasons.

I remember during last season giving @Based Mod a faulty tip some random week in the season. Monday comes and he called me out on it
laugh.gif
... in jest, if course.

No ****, this thread is legit.  I got first in two leagues last year largely due to trade advice I got on here.

Co-sign...this is my favorite thread on this site. I love helping people and everybody has always been really helpful to me as well for the most part. Without this thread there's plenty of waiver wire gems that a lot of us would have never grabbed that ended up potentially winning us our league.

I remember during last season giving @Based Mod a faulty tip some random week in the season. Monday comes and he called me out on it
laugh.gif
... in jest, if course.

I take offense to your first statement.  I made a post that said I love this thread in the beginning, hate it during the season, but look forward to participating for the next couple of weeks, and that statement leads you to believe I have a stick up my ***?  Most of my post was positive, so miss me with the idea of having a stick up my ***.

It has nothing to do with repetitiveness or dumb questions.  It has to do with the fact that during the season, an overwhelming majority of questions people have go unanswered.  The thread moves so fast, that most people who are seeking help, dont receive it.  Its nice that you give advice, but most people dont.  Its unanswered question after unanswered question.  Very little actual discussion.  And if there is a little discussion on a question, it gets moved on from almost immediately.

Agree to disagree on the "best thread running" idea.  I think its awful.  You think its great.  We arent always going to agree.

Last edited:

Damn, this guy holds grudges :lol:

But yea, this thread is the goods. Not everything goes the way it should in this thread, but you can only make the best moves with what you have available and let the Fantasy Football Gods take care of the rest.

I love giving good advice to good people on this thread. Nobody is forcing anybody to read it. And at the end of the day everyone has a choice to make on the players that they pick. You can't please everyone. Some people would be unhappy with 5 million dollars because they wanted 10 million. LOL

What's the cap?
Either way... Save. Your. Money.
Let people go ape sh-t the first 5 - 10 people... $50/$60 for one player is never worth it. Easy math, to a $100 cap that's 50% - 60% of your cap to one person. Never going to win a chip that way.

Always have a cap to a singular player either in your head or written down. If it goes over what you value him, oh well. It goes over.

There will be GEMS left over for $10 and under by the end of the draft, keep that in mind.

I love auctions.

Cap is $100. Does anyone have a link to a mock auction draft?

Edit: Actually not sure, cap may be $200. Need to get that confirmed.

Last edited:
ESPN for sure has a mock draft lobby you can join. They usually have new drafts every 3 to 5 minutes so it isn't much of a wait.

NFL Fantasy Football App has one but they are mostly mocking in the other draft style. Auction is a little harder to find enough people. You usually are budding against 1 or 2 other people.

NFL Fantasy Football App has one but they are mostly mocking in the other draft style. Auction is a little harder to find enough people. You usually are budding against 1 or 2 other people.
Yeah you'll be lucky to find any more than 4 humans in an auction mock. From what I remember, Yahoo had more realistic computer drafters so back when I was preparing for an auction draft that's the site I would use.

Question of the day.

I have been able to keep ODB for last year and then again for this year. 

Next year I cannot keep him so I am looking for that round 14 or maybe even free agency guy that will be a stud next year. 

Any ideas on someone? I realize alot can change from this year to the next but some names to put on my radar would be great. 

In my keeper leage a round 14 or later can be kept for a 12th rounder the following year and then a 10th the following year. (2 year max)

Thanks in advance. 

Back
Top Bottom