Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Wait, we won the game?

What's going on with the Wiz? Wall not back yet? Did Beal play?

Thought this was a guaranteed L.

Glad to see our future hall of fame PG stuffed the stat sheet once again with the game ball worthy 2-2-1 statline.

In other news, where's everyone that said we wouldnt win more than 15 games without Melo :nerd:

In more other news, Burke and Beasley off the bench next year is all the bench scoring we'll ever need.

KP had to play like a MVP candidate to keep this team playing at a .500 level for a quarter of a season with the easiest most home loaded schedule in the NBA (and that is with free agents like Timmy + the players we got back from trading Melo) and people still give Melo **** for not being able to carry us to the playoffs. :lol:

I say it all the time, Melo the player did not change much from when he was a MVP candidate hero in 2013 and the ensuing years after (he was actually better across the board statistically in 2014), the rest of the team did.

I had to come in here & say that I still have a strong dislike towards the Knicks for making me watch Toney Douglas play.

Anyway,

I like Trey & Burke for now...let's go get Mikal

KP had to play like a MVP candidate to keep this team playing at a .500 level for a quarter of a season with the easiest most home loaded schedule in the NBA (and that is with free agents like Timmy + the players we got back from trading Melo) and people still give Melo **** for not being able to carry us to the playoffs. :lol:

I say it all the time, Melo the player did not change much from when he was a MVP candidate hero in 2013 and the ensuing years after (he was actually better across the board statistically in 2014), the rest of the team did.
On the flipside Melo got his "more help" and has been disgustingly terrible. It's evident he fell off a few years ago and people have been using the Knicks' troubles as an excuse. His decline definitely began while he was in NY, as his athleticism fell off a cliff and he would not add to or adapt his game.

Also this is a very different roster from what we had in 2014. Significantly worse and younger.

On the flipside Melo got his "more help" and has been disgustingly terrible. It's evident he fell off a few years ago and people have been using the Knicks' troubles as an excuse. His decline definitely began while he was in NY, as his athleticism fell off a cliff and he would not add to or adapt his game.

Also this is a very different roster from what we had in 2014. Significantly worse and younger.

if you're talking about the Thunder, he's 34 bro. i'm surprised he's even playing as many minutes per game. a 32 year old Melo would be feasting on that team. you can't honestly say that the '14 roster was better. you must be high, because Bargs was our starting center. with Calderon, Ricky Ledo, bum *** Shump, and Travis Wear. you can't be serious...

if you're talking about the Thunder, he's 34 bro. i'm surprised he's even playing as many minutes per game. a 32 year old Melo would be feasting on that team. you can't honestly say that the '14 roster was better. you must be high, because Bargs was our starting center. with Calderon, Ricky Ledo, bum *** Shump, and Travis Wear. you can't be serious...
Also on top of that, they have essentially reduced his role to a spot up shooter which has never been Melo’s game. Looks like he can’t even get into a rhythm over there. But why we bringing Melo up when it’s convenient to **** on him?

Yeah that team was pretty bad. With Tyson and JR there were plenty of playable vets though. Not sure this teams roster without KP is necessarily better in so far as short term winning.

Also on top of that, they have essentially reduced his role to a spot up shooter which has never been Melo’s game. Looks like he can’t even get into a rhythm over there. But why we bringing Melo up when it’s convenient to **** on him?

exactly. you can tell that he's uncomfortable, but he's trying to do the right things to win. defensively, he's even worse now, bc well he's old and slow. can't really do anything about that.

That’s the issue his whole career though is he can’t get in rhythm in an actual ball movement offense... not that the thunder really have one of those.

That’s the issue his whole career though is he can’t get in rhythm in an actual ball movement offense... not that the thunder really have one of those.
But you just said the thunder doesn’t have that. So which one is it? He doesn’t play for the Knicks anymore so it really doesn’t matter. Let’s drop it. About to be Mikal SZN soon.

But you just said the thunder doesn’t have that. So which one is it? He doesn’t play for the Knicks anymore so it really doesn’t matter. Let’s drop it. About to be Mikal SZN soon.
Agreed to drop it, that's an NBA thread convo now.

If we are stuck at 9 I don't even hate Burke anymore. Sort of like the chance at value there.

Question about the draft so I make sure I understand it correctly, if you teams name is not called by draft slot then you are automatically in the top 3 picks? is that correct ?

Lol! Trey & Frank******
That backcourt is how I’d imagine it to be with Trae Young except more spacing and playmaking but he’d have to actually come in and develop. If we’re looking to build with what we have I’d say Mikal. Oh yeah...SGA over Sexton all day too

Back
Top Bottom