Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

what's your beef with the NFL, other than the game is getting soft?

i mean i stopped watching like 4 seasons ago cause of the way punishments were being unfairly handed out to players outside of this game itself. the whole do as we say and not as we do ways of the NFL showed me how badly it's been managed by goodell. and the way kaepernick and players who speak out against anything have been treated in favor of the good ol boy fans just tops it all off.

I feel you. I pay more attention to basketball, but football is easier to keep track of since there are only 16 games.

Did Noah kneel during the anthem or something :lol: if he ain't taking a buyout you damn sure shouldn't pay him to stay home.

Hell no to stretching him. Would be a same ole Knick move. Play hardball with him and force his hand by reporting and sitting in a suit for two years. Dont want that contract on the books even longer . Dont double down in a mistake

How long is it if we stretch it? Idk why they’d do that though, bc it’s not like we really need the cap for someone

We'll pay him 18 mill for this year, then the divide the remaining 19 mill in three equal parts (2020, 2021, 2022). Not worth at all.

typical Knicks move... they cant even do a buyout smh...they rather stretch the contract when he only got 2 years left... if they do this then they better somehow trade lee for an expiring... minuswhale clean house

Did Allonzo Trier turn down a chance to be drafted?
The Knicks were Trier’s preferred spot all along
By Ryan Kelapire@RKelapire Jul 8, 2018, 1:40pm PDTSHARE
usa_today_10595402.0.jpg
Casey Sapio-USA TODAY Sports
Signing as an undrafted free agent instead of being a late second-round pick might sound like a disappointment to some, but it was apparently the preferred route for Allonzo Trier.

Trier wanted to land with a team he fit well with, and he believed going undrafted was the best way to make that happen after the New York Knicks exhausted their final pick on Mitchell Robinson at No. 36 overall.

“It was a team that was really high on me already,” said Trier, who signed with the Knicks shortly after the NBA Draft concluded (via the Daily Wildcat).

“But even before I worked out for them, we were in real communication with them, and we really thought I was going to be the pick at 36. It was looking like that was what was going to happen, and then a guy like Mitch Robinson falls to 36 and the priority for the team was ‘big first’ so they went with him. Totally understandable.

“And then I had a chance to be picked from about 41 and on and they were all places that I didn’t think were a great fit, so we turned down pretty much everybody after that and decided that we were going to go with the Knicks because it was the best fit for me in the first place.”

Trier signed a two-way contract with the Knicks, which guarantees him $77,250 in his rookie season and potentially up to $385,000, as he splits time between the G League and NBA. (He can be on the NBA roster for up to 45 days.)

The truth is, it’s possible he would have signed the same kind of deal if he had been drafted.

Colorado’s George King and UCLA’s Thomas Welsh — who were picked at the tail-end of the second-round — also inked two-way contracts. So did Kadeem Allen, who was selected by the Celtics in the second round in 2017.

And considering Trier is starting for the Knicks’ Summer League team, and is in an organization that is in serious need of young talent, it’s easy to see why he felt New York was the best possible destination. Now he just has to make the most of the opportunity.

“Coach (David Fizdale) was really high on me,” said Trier, who scored 15 points in his Summer League debut. “It was just a great staff. … We just thought it was going to be a great place to come in and start my journey to the NBA. So instead of hearing my name called on draft night … I decided to hold off and go to a place that fits me right.”

Fiz :pimp:

That’s a smart move IMO. Why go to a team where you may not even get a chance, vs a team building for the future in need of an off the bench scorer.

Back
Top Bottom