Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone else a little bummed out we'll never get to watch Mayweather box again?

Arguably top 3, maybe even the best ever. It was the end of an era.

He Michael Strahan'd his way to that 50th "win" and made a non-boxer look like a worldbeater. He can stay retired for all I care.

You must not like boxers. If you don't find his fights entertaining its because of his dominance.

And yes, he's arguably top 3

He was entertaining as PBF which was the apex of his prime, so his dominance over guys he has fought in the past decade has nothing to do with it.

He gets washed by Hearns, Leonard, and Duran, and Chavez Sr beats him.

Best of his generation sure, but the TBE thing was purely a marketing ploy and has no basis in reality.

Seeing is believing to me. Sure those old guys were great in their time but Floyd was on another level as far as defense and just efficiency offensively. He hit his opponents at a high rate while his opponents couldn't hit him. It's hard to believe those guys could hit him or even dominate him. It's all hypothetical that's why seeing is believing those guys can beat Floyd

Floyd got touched by the likes of JLC and Chino. Both good fighters and personal favorites for me but a far cry from all time greats.

He is one of the greatest defensive fighters of all time but it's hyperbolic to think guys like Hearns, Leonard, Duran, and Chavez couldn't land on him.

I think it is possible but I also believe both will let their hands go. Your not interested in seeing how Trout deals with the power of Hurd?

Man I wish Andre would've hung around in this division a little bit longer, its picking up steam big time

Oh I was just confused because you were talking about 154 in the first sentence. Anyway 175 is lit, but seriously outside of Andre Ward the division is wide open. The gap between the guys in the top 10 is not much. My dream fight is Dmitry Bivol vs Anthony Yarde, hopefully sooner than later but we'll probably have to wait a couple years.

I still want to see Kov-Beterbiev.

Those two have bad blood going back to the amateurs and you have the Chechen-ethnic Russian beef at play as well.

I still want to see Kov-Beterbiev.

Those two have bad blood going back to the amateurs and you have the Chechen-ethnic Russian beef at play as well.

I want to see that too. Kovalev just doesn't have the aura of invincibility anymore, and I don't think he lost it after Andre Ward stopped him. He probably lost it when he couldn't KO two consecutive opponents. This might sound strange, but I want Ward and Kovalev to both retire. They fought twice, move on. The up and coming light heavyweights seem to have more colorful personalities and I want to see what they can produce.

Part of me thinks Kov is mentally shot too, but I'd still like to see both of them stick around and challenge the young guns coming up.

Kov has a colorful personality the problem is that it's also incredibly problematic :lol:.

Retire? I mean I'm with you that I would want them to move on but I mean moving up in weight class to cruiserweight. And I do want to see Ward move up to HW after cruiser like Roy Jones and James Toney did, see if he can win a HW title like Roy did, Ward said himself that was always the ultimate goal

I want to see that too. Kovalev just doesn't have the aura of invincibility anymore, and I don't think he lost it after Andre Ward stopped him. He probably lost it when he couldn't KO two consecutive opponents. This might sound strange, but I want Ward and Kovalev to both retire. They fought twice, move on. The up and coming light heavyweights seem to have more colorful personalities and I want to see what they can produce.

Dang man you must really not like ward? Ward is in a tough spot bc the gap is that big that he is looming to go to cruiser division when I wish he'd go back to mW to get some real comp. Ward will forever be unappreciated as a boxer bc he takes the high road and doesn't sacrifice who he is to sell a fight. We love Floyd for his greatness in the ring but so many hate him for what happens outside of it (and this is what sales his fights). Crazy how a guy can be a great fighter and good person but we don't appreciate that aspect as a society. Its a shame. And yes he would destroy GGG. This man has had to go up in weight to find good comp which is crazy and has won on every level

The top guys are too big at cruiser for Ward, and as long as AJ is around, there is likely not going to be a John Ruiz for him to get a title from.

Bellew makes sense in the short term as long as the plan is move back down right after.

Ward's a good guy, I just hate the way he fights.

I'd feel really squeamish seeing him get decapitated by AJ. I hope him and Virgil aren't actually serious about that fight.

Dang man you must really not like ward? Ward is in a tough spot bc the gap is that big that he is looming to go to cruiser division when I wish he'd go back to mW to get some real comp. Ward will forever be unappreciated as a boxer bc he takes the high road and doesn't sacrifice who he is to sell a fight. We love Floyd for his greatness in the ring but so many hate him for what happens outside of it (and this is what sales his fights). Crazy how a guy can be a great fighter and good person but we don't appreciate that aspect as a society. Its a shame. And yes he would destroy GGG. This man has had to go up in weight to find good comp which is crazy and has won on every level

I'm not a big fan of Andre Ward, nor do I hate him. I see him as just any other guy. But my idea that he should retire has little to do with my overall opinion of him. We know he beats everyone in the light heavyweight division and the gap is so wide, that it is pointless. His situation is not exactly the same as Klitschko, but similar in the sense of one guy holding up the division rather than allowing the younger guys to form more competitive fights for the titles. A fight at cruiserweight will be interesting, I just don't think he is big enough. See it took him a few years to fill out at light heavyweight. But whatever route he chooses, I will always have the utmost respect for him.

Ward needs to stay in his division. Heavyweight would be to much for him. The only realistic guy who can move up to heavyweight is maidana

Ward would be crazy to fight any of the top HWs.

Still fights at 175 for him.

Back
Top Bottom