Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No not really.

If Manny wants to fight Crawford or Mikey in a passing of the torch fight, then fine, but he needs to retire if its for anything other than that.

That wasn't a serious question but I agree.

Arum tried to protect Pacquiao from an L (Fighting any top 140/147 guys) and he still lost.

Now they are stuck with a rematch no one wanted. Could have put over one of his own fighters (Crawford).

It's actually sad to see a lot of guys that are future HOFs retire in 2017 it seems. Can't remember another year with this many hanging them up

Juan Manuel Marquez 44 years old

Wladimir Klitschko 41 years old still can't believe he's turning down a AJ rematch in Vegas for big time money

Miguel Cotto turning 37 years old soon and announced he will be retired by end of 2017

Paulie Malignaggi turning 37 years old retired earlier this year but could come out of retirement if there's a boxing match with Conor to be made

Tim Bradley only turning 34 years old and already retired

With B Hop retired seems like the longest standing guys we have left are James Toney, Roy Jones Jr., Shannon Briggs, Shane Mosley, Michael Grant

It's time for all those guys from that era to go.

Missed that, James Toney might've fought his last fight too unless he gets a fight against Shannon Briggs since they seem to have been talking a lot back and forth. :lol: At Toney saying even right now there isn't a HW outside of Anthony Joshua that would have much for him

Didn't Mosley officially retire last week or a couple weeks ago?

Gervonta Davis is on the AB weight class trajectory, he's only 22 and about to be at 135, will be at 140 and 147 shortly after as he ages

Missed that, James Toney might've fought his last fight too unless he gets a fight against Shannon Briggs since they seem to have been talking a lot back and forth. :lol: At Toney saying even right now there isn't a HW outside of Anthony Joshua that would have much for him

There was this video a few years ago when James Toney said foreign fighters can't fight except for Ishmayl Sillakh. You can tell he's been hit too many times. I won't front though, I was high too Sillakh too. :ohwell:

Besides being the king of the shoulder roll James Toney does have the GOAT chin though. In a 29 year pro career starting when he was 20 years old to 49 years old now and 90 pro fights across 5 weight classes from MW to HW he's never been stopped once. We're talking even at HW 2 fights against Sam Peter which he got knocked down once, 2 fights against Rahman, fought Holyfield etc. I wonder if he actually got a fight with Wilder or AJ or King Kong now if his chin would still hold up or he'd be stopped for the first time

There was this video a few years ago when James Toney said foreign fighters can't fight except for Ishmayl Sillakh. You can tell he's been hit too many times. I won't front though, I was high too Sillakh too. :ohwell:

Besides being the king of the shoulder roll James Toney does have the GOAT chin though. In a 29 year pro career starting when he was 20 years old to 49 years old now and 90 pro fights across 5 weight classes from MW to HW he's never been stopped once. We're talking even at HW 2 fights against Sam Peter which he got knocked down once, 2 fights against Rahman, fought Holyfield etc. I wonder if he actually got a fight with Wilder or AJ or King Kong now if his chin would still hold up or he'd be stopped for the first time

No doubt he has the best chin ever. I'm saying if you hear him talk you can tell his brains have been scrambled. I think there were talks about him vs Shannon Briggs lately, that's probably a more reasonable fight. And they should both call it a day after that.

Yes Tank actually lets his hands go it seems and I wouldn't doubt him not ever letting them go even in a critical situation.

Sugar Shane retired officially? After his ex wife coming after his money and belts I don't think that dude is done. I wish he was.

I wonder if Briggs does fight again after 6 month suspension he'll be 46 but he seems determined to try for a Foreman type story. I know he mentors/works with Jarrell Big Baby Miller too and trying to make him the 4th HW champ out of Brooklyn after Riddick Bowe, Tyson, and Briggs himself. I see Big Baby is in the top 10 HW rankings on both The Ring and ESPN's lists so he's at least made his way from being on the fringes into the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom