Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good fight.

Don't think Garcia expected Thurman to start that fast.

Both guys have chins.

Those scorecards :smh: :lol:

Well to play Devil's Advocate, they couldn't have made this fight PPV. They are not that well known to the public.

No, but they could've had it on SHO
I would rather they put it on a cable channel and let us hear the corners than to plug commercials.

I can see an argument for this as a Boxing fan absolutely.

I think for the overall growth of the sport, the network looks are a good thing.

Well they were smart to schedule the fight earlier, so those of us who are interested can watch Woodley vs Thompson II.

I'm still not seeing how that means the sport is on an upswing.

You feel like it isn't?

A few years ago the hot take was that Boxing was dead and MMA reigned supreme.

We are a long way away from that and tonight is a great example. I see far more excitement for what would even be considered "unknown" fighters than I can remember.

And just in NY alone, Gleason's moved to a bigger space. Church opened a 2nd gym. I know a 3rd spot is about to take over their entire floor.

There are all these boutique gyms now. Rumble, Overthrow, Shadowbox.

I see it on a lot of levels.

Last edited:
Kevin Morgan scored it 115-113 for Garcia
laugh.gif

Only complaint I have are the commercials. I love good fights for free.

Thurman almost gave this fight away with him trying to run out the clock late.

I would have preferred the fight be on SHO but championship caliber boxing on terrestrial TV is good for the sport.

The only reason the sport seems like it's on a upswing tho is because 2016 as whole was an awful year.

Thurman vs winner of Spence/Brook.

Then WBO Champ old timer Pacman can take on winner of Thurman vs Brook/Spence to settle who's the best 147 lb fighter once and for all. Floyd to sit ringside mulling a comeback at age 41-42 lol

All an act.

No humility.

Disgusting.

Angel knew in that corner that his man was down, and down big.

Last edited:
 HAHAH Thurman outboxed Danny. I don't want to see a rematch.

You feel like it isn't?

A few years ago the hot take was that Boxing was dead and MMA reigned supreme.

We are a long way away from that and tonight is a great example. I see far more excitement for what would even be considered "unknown" fighters than I can remember.

And just in NY alone, Gleason's moved to a bigger space. Church opened a 2nd gym. I know a 3rd spot is about to take over their entire floor.

There are all these boutique gyms now. Rumble, Overthrow, Shadowbox.

I see it on a lot of levels.
And this all happened because of PBC?  PBC hasn't even had the biggest boxing fights in the past 2 years.

I need to rewatch the fight. Shady Slim and Karceno picked Thurman to win, but in their Post-fight vids they think Garcia won or the fight was a draw. I picked Garcia to win, but think Thurman won marginally. I thought Garcia was more accurate and Thurman was more flashy with the punches he landed.

Last edited:
Not even Garcia thought he won.

My dude wouldn't even raise his hands when the final bell rang.

Back
Top Bottom