Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not even Garcia thought he won.

My dude wouldn't even raise his hands when the final bell rang.
true dat. Angel had to tell him to his ear real quick to raise his hands and that's when Danny finally did it.

that fight shoulda been scored 116-112 by all three judges, 115-113 at worst in favor of One Time

Last edited:
Floyd gotta come back and fight Thurman.
Hilarious. Keoth wasn't even at his best tonight. Honestly he was really reckless with his wide shots. Was leaving himself wide open for crazy counters but danny couldn't capitalize

Here we go with the Thurman was running talks smh

Bra while I think tonight was hos best performance tonight was indeed his best display of footwork. Danmy couldn't lead of he wanted to BC Keith had him off balance with his feet. Danny got exposed really bad tonight and neither fighter really hurt the other

All an act.
No humility.
Disgusting.

Angel knew in that corner that his man was down, and down big.

Angel is a clown no way u can think ur son won he went from not raising his hand to celebrating BC he heard his title announced first lol. He thought he was back in pr

Angel wants Danny to retire today :lol: Bet their camp regrets not taking that Pacquiao fight.

$3-4 Million doesn't sound too bad.

Angel wants Danny to retire today :lol: Bet their camp regrets not taking that Pacquiao fight.

$3-4 Million doesn't sound too bad.

Thats actually not a bad idea. Khan vs Garcia again or Garcia vs. Paq. Its a lot of fights that could happen man...im excited with all this competition

I thought it was hilarious when Jimmy Lennon Jr announced the scorecards and said "he is now the WBA and WBC welterweight champion.." Danny jumped the gun and thought he had won only to hear Keith Thurman's name [emoji]128517[/emoji]. Side note: Golovkin's blk/wht Jordan boxing shoes are fire.

You feel like it isn't?

A few years ago the hot take was that Boxing was dead and MMA reigned supreme.

We are a long way away from that and tonight is a great example. I see far more excitement for what would even be considered "unknown" fighters than I can remember.

And just in NY alone, Gleason's moved to a bigger space. Church opened a 2nd gym. I know a 3rd spot is about to take over their entire floor.

There are all these boutique gyms now. Rumble, Overthrow, Shadowbox.

I see it on a lot of levels.

And this all happened because of PBC?  PBC hasn't even had the biggest boxing fights in the past 2 years.

I already said we'll just agree to disagree. No one said it "all" happened because of PBC. You seem like you just want to argue for the sake of arguing by saying "nuh-uh" :lol:

And your 2nd statement has already been addressed. They don't need to have the "biggest" to have a solid combination of quality, quantity and accessibility. The "biggest" fights will likely still be on PPV. But we've also seen some not so big fights forced on PPV.

So having a 147 lb (a hot division in the sport) unification fight between two undefeated young champions on free primetime network TV is a great thing. In addition to the slew of other fights they've offered over the last few years.

A lot of other people seem to see it. If you don't, more power.....

Last edited:
they should of took that Pacq fight and kept it moving. Whats next for Danny now?
Yes they should've and if they had he might very well still be undefeated. But danny needs to go back to the drawing board he really struggles with guys willing to move laterally and not depend on there hand speed to save them. Garcia is still netter then all them cheerleaders he had in his corner to in ab and berto

Thats actually not a bad idea. Khan vs Garcia again or Garcia vs. Paq. Its a lot of fights that could happen man...im excited with all this competition

No desire to see Garcia beat khan again.

But I think porter gives him problems dude is a real bull in the ring

Last edited:
There's no way Garcia beats Pacquiao, but they over valued themselves. You say no to $4 Million?

I suppose Garcia can fight Bradley? Winner of Ortiz/Rios? :lol:

No desire to see Garcia beat khan again.

But I think porter gives him problems dude is a real bull in the ring

I think Porter gives him problems but I also think Porter will give him opportunities to counter.

I think him vs. Berto is a snoozer.

And I don't think he beats Pacquiao.

I gotta go back and watch some of his older fights. I felt like his combination punching was much better at one point. But realistically it could just have been because of the level of competition/style of fighter.

I think Porter gives him problems but I also think Porter will give him opportunities to counter.

I think him vs. Berto is a snoozer.

And I don't think he beats Pacquiao.

I gotta go back and watch some of his older fights. I felt like his combination punching was much better at one point. But realistically it could just have been because of the level of competition/style of fighter.

Agree with all of your points. Danny just really has problems with awkward fighters and guys that move. He really did get that part exposed. And as a counterpuncher who is not ending the fight with one shothe got outworked and behind early dlregardless of what the judges say

Pac is always open to be countered, thats his weakness, counter punches.

Danny lost the fight because Thurman made Garcia the aggressor. Garcia was never on the back foot, and he couldn't cut off the ring or counter really. Pac will come forward, his style suits Garcia much better.

I think Garcia can out Pac on the canvas with his left hook.

Last edited:
Pac is too awkward and moves too much for Garcia. Easy win for Pac!

Pac ain't the same forward fighter anymore. Look at his fights since Marquez, look at his last fight against Vargas.

He ain't coming forward like his old days.

Pac is too awkward and moves too much for Garcia. Easy win for Pac!

Pac ain't the same forward fighter anymore. Look at his fights since Marquez, look at his last fight against Vargas.

He ain't coming forward like his old days.

Which is why Angel didn't want his son to fight Pac. Too much lateral and head movement, too many angles, too much experience, and too much speed.

Team DSG knew they wouldn't stand a chance.

I could be drawing a blank. Unless I am missing someone Oscar Valdez is the biggest Mexican name after Canelo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom