Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at a wedding and took my iPad LTE with me lol

I saw Jacobs walking, if not running, from each end of the ring to the other.

Non stop

Like, wtf????
He had a good 20 lbs on GGG

Running/walking while shooting out jabs and crosses while constantly switching from orthodox to southpaw and making GGG miss (for the most part) against the ropes?

Okay??

Not too shabby with the body work either.

Last edited:
I had two 10-10 rounds in this bout. I already deleted my scorecard so I don't recall which rounds it was, believe it was the 9th and 10th but I could be wrong.

I don't go crazy with 10-10 rounds but at the same time some people just NEVER score a round 10-10. Sometimes rounds are dead even.

Don't get the mentality? I mean it's not a mentality, it's ring generalship. It's how proper scoring should be assessed. Granted it's one facet of scoring, but it should be assessed. Some people just do away with it altogether, that's my issue.

Ring generalship is important but it's lower on the list than clean punches + effective aggression IMO. Even if you weigh them equally, it's just one aspect. Can't just score the fight on style is what I'm saying. I understand ring generalship being the tiebreaker but I don't think it should outweigh who's landing the more effective blows per round.

IDK if I really agree that Jacobs was really the ring general anyway. GGG stalks and come forward usually. That's exactly what happened tonight, just not as effective as usual.

Damn bro, you should've enjoyed the wedding and watched the replay.
Weddings are expensive as hell. I would be tight if my wedding guest spent his time on an iPad.

There was no running anywhere in this fight.
I was at a wedding and took my iPad LTE with me lol

I saw Jacobs walking, if not running, from each end of the ring to the other.

Non stop

Like, wtf????
He had a good 20 lbs on GGG

There was no "running".

If you thought he was going to stand in the middle of the ring and trade all night, you were out of your mind out the gate.

He did not have 20 lbs on GGG either. I thought GGG was close to 170 and Jacobs 180.

Last edited:
Ring generalship is important but it's lower on the list than clean punches + effective aggression IMO. Even if you weigh them equally, it's just one aspect. Can't just score the fight on style is what I'm saying. I understand ring generalship being the tiebreaker but I don't think it should outweigh who's landing the more effective blows per round.

IDK if I really agree that Jacobs was really the ring general anyway. GGG stalks and come forward usually. That's exactly what happened tonight, just not as effective as usual.

I have to watch the fight again so I'll reserve final my judgement on punch totals. I don't disagree that GGG landed the cleaner punches, I just saw them being fewer than what the numbers show.

I felt Jacobs put forth significantly more output than what the numbers reflect, so I'm taking that into account with how the fight was fought stylistically.

I had two 10-10 rounds in this bout. I already deleted my scorecard so I don't recall which rounds it was, believe it was the 9th and 10th but I could be wrong.

I don't go crazy with 10-10 rounds but at the same time some people just NEVER score a round 10-10. Sometimes rounds are dead even.

Don't get the mentality? I mean it's not a mentality, it's ring generalship. It's how proper scoring should be assessed. Granted it's one facet of scoring, but it should be assessed. Some people just do away with it altogether, that's my issue.

Some good points here.
That's why I said I use ring generalship as a tie breaker for close rounds.

No way can ring generalship be the end all be all of who won a fight.

I think a lot of people are giving Jacobs extra credit for doing better than most people expected him to do

Chris Mannix‏Verified account @ChrisMannixYS  15m15 minutes ago

Abel Sanchez says that if Golovkin beats Saunders, he will vacate the middleweight belts.

Looks like he's moving to 168. 

Well 168 isnt competitive right now, the best fighters are probably Zurdo or Eubank Jr.

Now that Andre gone.......

:nerd:

I think he's still fighting but he's a shell of his former self. Jack moved up to 175 and Degale looks damaged.

Never understood why compubox only has two operators (one for each fighter).

Should be at least two for each fighter. Besides the fact that the system is archaic AF by now (should be done by a computer tracking system, not two ***** sitting there hitting a button each time they believe a fighter scored), it's glaringly obvious to me that no one person could accurately and consistently measure landed punches without error.

I find myself watching old fights on YouTube all the time and I slow down videos to assess combinations and sequences. Even then I have to rewind with certain fighters who have crazy hand speed or during certain exchanges.

Not that compubox actually has any bearing on actual judges scoring but I feel like the system should've been rendered obsolete by something a bit more sophisticated by now.

I wonder what Jacob's weight was though and wonder why he didn't do the second weigh-in.
He didn't do the second weigh in because the IBF requires you to weigh in the morning of the fight and you can't be 10 pounds over the weight limit in order to get the belt. Jacobs did this intentionally because he wanted a big weight advantage which he got, he looked huge out there. 

Last edited:
Just watched the fight...

SOG would wash GGG :lol: Ward still a punk for not giving a rematch though.

Krusher >>>

Never understood why compubox only has two operators (one for each fighter).

Should be at least two for each fighter. Besides the fact that the system is archaic AF by now (should be done by a computer tracking system, not two ***** sitting there hitting a button each time they believe a fighter scored), it's glaringly obvious to me that no one person could accurately and consistently measure landed punches without error.

I find myself watching old fights on YouTube all the time and I slow down videos to assess combinations and sequences. Even then I have to rewind with certain fighters who have crazy hand speed or during certain exchanges.

Not that compubox actually has any bearing on actual judges scoring but I feel like the system should've been rendered obsolete by something a bit more sophisticated by now.

This.

And as someone pointed out earlier, boxing definitely needs a culture change.

I'm re-watching the fight and just finished round 1. I'm curious to know why some of y'all gave that round to Jacobs? He was on his back foot and landed one clear jab while golovkin landed 8-10 clear jabs coming forward or cutting the ring off And those were the only meaningful punches of the round. I just want to know what some of y'all can base y'all scoring system on since I see a few people saying "Jacobs won the first 3 rounds"

Last edited:
I'd have to rewatch but I remember it being pretty much a stalemate but Jacobs landing the only meaningful combo. I remember Max saying the same.

I gave Jacobs Rd. 1. Lederman gave Rd. 1 to Jacobs as well.

Lampley claimed GGG won the round because of his "footwork" :lol:

SOG would wash GGG :lol:

Exactly why this move to 168 is conveniently timed when Ward was asking for that fight a while back.

Last edited:
Exactly why this move to 168 is conveniently timed when Ward was asking for that fight a while back.
GGG offered him the fight first in 13/14 and Ward turned it down claiming that GGG needed to become more of a draw. 

When Ward finally decided he wanted the fight he responded with a BS offer, which is why GGG and his team publicly responded with their counter "164 50/50" troll offer.  Ward's ego would have never allowed himself to accept he was the B side in that equation for that fight to have ever happen. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom