Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly why this move to 168 is conveniently timed when Ward was asking for that fight a while back.

GGG offered him the fight first in 13/14 and Ward turned it down claiming that GGG needed to become more of a draw. 

When Ward finally decided he wanted the fight he responded with a BS offer, which is why GGG and his team publicly responded with their counter "164 50/50" troll offer.  Ward's ego would have never allowed himself to accept he was the B side in that equation for that fight to have ever happen. 

13/14? Ward fought once during that time frame recovering from injuries and dealing with Goossen.

Also conveniently timed?

Was Ward the A side against Sergei? Nope.

It's whatever. That fight isn't going to happen now. I'm just calling it what it is. GGG is a phenomenal fighter. But he's a fighter and all these dudes running game these days. And yes that includes Andre and whoever else.

Last edited:
Don't know how anyone could have watched that fight and think Jacobs was "running".

Running is what Amir Khan was doing in round 10 of the Maidana fight

13/14? Ward fought once during that time frame recovering from injuries and dealing with Goossen.

Also conveniently timed?

Was Ward the A side against Sergei? Nope.

It's whatever. That fight isn't going to happen now. I'm just calling it what it is. GGG is a phenomenal fighter. But he's a fighter and all these dudes running game these days. And yes that includes Andre and whoever else.

How was ward NOT the A side in that fight lol?

He got the lower base pay and I thought Sergei was the bigger name at the time with the run he was on.

Not at all dissimilar from Golovkin's run.

Andre spent most of the last few years, again, dealing with injuries and promoter issues and just trying to get back on track with tune ups.

Last edited:
You buggin Phil lol. Go back and do the knowledge on that fight.

Ward got 5mil while Sergey got 2mil. Ward also got 2 tune ups at 175 while Sergey wanted the fight immediately. Let's also remember the favorable ref who refused to even warn him about excessive wrestling and clinching (which convienently no ref who refs a ward fight seems to do) and judges ward got as well which is what he needed to get the gift decision he got

You know what, I looked earlier and one site had Kovalev making a 7 mil base.

http://www.totalsportek.com/boxing/sergey-kovalev-vs-andre-ward-purse-split-revealed/

View media item 2372957
Another I see has him making a 2 mil base.

So it was definitely 2? If so I stand corrected.

I'm not even going to touch all that other madness. We did enough of that in here :lol:

I still believe the GGG fight could have been made in '15. Loeffler straight up was like "maybe next year".

They took Lemieux instead when even with a less than favorable split, GGG would have made more fighting Ward.

But all of my info on that fight is admittedly coming from dudes within RocNation so I won't pretend like it doesn't have it's own "slant" so to speak.

Last edited:
Yeah idk where that 7m number came from but Virgil Hunter and Ward were making fun of Kovalev for taking a small purse. It was strange.

I hope the one good thing that comes out of last night is that GGG doesn't look invincible now and that some of the match ups out there for him happen quicker.

I'd be down for a Eubank Jr. fight.

Caught a random stomach bug last night and missed the whole card :smh:

How Sway :frown:

RANDOM? I think not... I started to see Cold Medicine being carted out in Supermarkets / Targets around my way in SoCal 2 weeks ago...

This week I got a sore throat OUt of Nowhere, and almost got full blown AIDS ( I'm mad paranoid because I mess with random AA chicks all the time)

also Chemtrails returned in 2016 after a 5 year absence, and they're going crazy with them out here in Long Beach. There's like 10 chemtrails a day.

STAY WOKE FAM

Last edited:
Just finished re watching the fight on mute and I have the same score I had watching it live

1 golovkin
2 Jacobs
3 Jacobs
4 golovkin
5 golovkin
6 Jacobs
7 golovkin
8 golovkin
9 golovkin
10 Jacobs
11 Jacobs
12 golovkin

115-112

You can give Jacobs another round if you REALLY wanted him to win

roll.gif

This is why I love NT. 

I don't understand people saying that the Thai dude was bigger than Roman Gonzalez. They look the same size to me. Cuadras was noticeably taller and bigger.

Last edited:
Just finished re watching the fight on mute and I have the same score I had watching it live

1 golovkin
2 Jacobs
3 Jacobs
4 golovkin
5 golovkin
6 Jacobs
7 golovkin
8 golovkin
9 golovkin
10 Jacobs
11 Jacobs
12 golovkin

115-112

You can give Jacobs another round if you REALLY wanted him to win

:l

Jacobs did not hurt Golovkin, didn't have an effective jab to keep him honest, and frankly a lot his combos were hitting arms and gloves. I was disappointed in Golovkin's lack of body work, but towards the end of the fight he found his uppercut landing flush. I can't call this a robbery the same way I couldn't call Ward/Kovalev one either.

Jacobs did not hurt Golovkin, didn't have an effective jab to keep him honest, and frankly a lot his combos were hitting arms and gloves. I was disappointed in Golovkin's lack of body work, but towards the end of the fight he found his uppercut landing flush. I can't call this a robbery the same way I couldn't call Ward/Kovalev one either.
You could tell GGG was looking for a knockout shot towards the end of the fight, trying to lure Jacobs in instead of trying to win with more activity. I think if he just tried to outbox him he would've made the decision more clear.

Some great discussion/points made in here.

But to tell some one they shouldn't watch boxing because they think you have to do more to beat the champ is dumb. Especially on HBO. There is a precedent of this. Anyone who watched HBO fights in the past knows that if it goes to the cards....you can expect the bigger name / title holder to get the benefit of the doubt.

If Jacobs really was 20lbs heavier that is kinda what irks me. I know people do this....its boxing...but to make that the plan to miss the weight on purpose so you can come in with a size advantage makes the rules kind of stupid to me. Anyone who had been in a combat sport knows that 5lbs can make a really big difference from taking punches to giving punches.

I think he was closer to 10 over. But I don't know for sure. This is another reality of combat sports. Guys are going to rehydrate as much as possible after weighins.

We just had this convo with Lemieux/Stevens. With very little uproar.

I can't call this a robbery the same way I couldn't call Ward/Kovalev one either.

To the naked eye I thought Danny won but this is what it is.

I agree somewhat with what you said about the effective jab though he was landing it to the body early then seemed to stop throwing it. Which Andre was on him about between damn near every round.

I do think that for a lot of the fight though he gave different looks which kept GGG honest. The southpaw stance. If memory serves he landed a few straight lefts from it.

Last edited:
I think he was closer to 10 over. But I don't know for sure. This is another reality of combat sports. Guys are going to rehydrate as much as possible after weighins.

We just had this convo with Lemieux/Stevens. With very little uproar.

This.

If GGG didn't care why should anyone else?

People act like GGG doesn't regularly spar super MW-Heavyweights during camps.

“He’s used to sparring and he’s used to fighting guys at that weight,” Sanchez said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/abel-sanchez-jacobs-size-advantage-nothing-new-golovkin--114645

If the Canelo fight happens he's definitely rehydrating 1-2 weight classes higher.

Pretty good post fight analysis without any apparent bias.

As far as Jacobs being heavier, it really doesn't matter. He screwed himself out of one title, but it wasn't against the rules whatsoever.

Last edited:
A lot of fighters would wash ggg. If Daniel Jacobs is the best you've fought so far that's not saying a lot considering how much people hype ggg

He's a pretty good boxer but he's slow. If he fought someone with good handspeed and slick he would lose. The fight won't happen but if it did ward would wash him no problem

A lot of fighters would wash ggg. If Daniel Jacobs is the best you've fought so far that's not saying a lot considering how much people hype ggg

like who though?

Honesty after seeing the Jacobs fight....i think canelo would win. I think canelo has better power then jacobs and the shots jacobs landed flush would be duplicated with more power by canelo

I think ward would beat him too but i also think ward is a top 3 lb for lb currently so idk if that is a knock on GGG

Last edited:
like who though?

Honesty after seeing the Jacobs fight....i think canelo would win. I think canelo has better power then jacobs and the shots jacobs landed flush would be duplicated with more power by canelo

I think ward would beat him too but i also think ward is a top 3 lb for lb currently so idk if that is a knock on GGG

Sog Krusher frotch canelo mayweather. Idk, anybody who can actually scrap. IMO he was exposed by kb. Kb was just too small

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom