OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How common is it for teams to not have spring games at all? Was just told Illinois (I live here in town) won't be having one at all

How common is it for teams to not have spring games at all? Was just told Illinois (I live here in town) won't be having one at all

Sometimes it doesn't make sense from an injury perspective or if they are thin at certain positions... just have controlled scrimmages with the guys you're actually gonna play

Good, April would've been a horrible time for a lot of schools

January seems like it would be a lot more hectic of a time with recruiting heating up.

I'd rather be interviewing guys in the spring than in the middle of croot season.

Guys leaving in April only gives schools a short period of time to find replacements before the season and depending on the coach leaving it could leave a big hole at a program.

Coaches typically leave in January so it'll be nothing outta the ordinary.

Coaches on the move in January are usually just a part of new staffs. Smart coaches aren't letting those other coaches leave until post-NSD. 

Sometimes it doesn't make sense from an injury perspective or if they are thin at certain positions... just have controlled scrimmages with the guys you're actually gonna play

Good point, from what I've heard they are VERY thin everywhere so that definitely makes sense. Beckman ran that program further into the ground than it already was :lol:

Michigan's not having one apparently. There's going to be an "open practice" April 15 and then the team is off to Rome.

I'll probably just skip it if they have another practice at Ford Field again in the Spring.

Last edited:
Coaches on the move in January are usually just a part of new staffs. Smart coaches aren't letting those other coaches leave until post-NSD. 

Yep

And guys are still going to have plenty of time before fall camp to fill out their staffs, which is a time they are usually not doing a whole lot anyways.

Yep

And guys are still going to have plenty of time before fall camp to fill out their staffs, which is a time they are usually not doing a whole lot anyways.
Smaller schools OC/DC leave in April-May can ****** a lot of stuff up for those schools. And April is not time coaches want to be interviewing guys for an open spot especially right after spring ball having a coach up and leave.

If most teams were going to just promote an off the field guy then yea thats fine, but thats not going to be the case for all the schools.

Last edited:
 Steven Shepard ‏@POLITICO_Steve  60m60 minutes ago
 Former Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville reportedly considering running for Alabama governor, per @CBSSports.
REC is going to destroy his campaign 
laugh.gif

Steven Shepard ‏@POLITICO_Steve  60m60 minutes ago

Former Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville reportedly considering running for Alabama governor, per @CBSSports.

REC is going to destroy his campaign :lol:

:rofl: Tubs didn't even want to do the bare minimum to run a football program anymore, let alone a state.

Last edited:
Trump got errbody thinkin they can be politicians
laugh.gif

Tress could run as a centrist Dem and wash Kasich if he ever wanted too probably.  

Rumor is he'd literally rather die than play for coach Harbaugh again.

His hatred runs that deep.

A question for you guys that I have been thinking about lately, and since it's a slow time during the off-season. 

If Briles would have taken the Texas job in 14, does the power of an institution like that shield him from any blow back from the eventual scandal at Baylor?  I lean towards yes, but perhaps I'm too much of a cynic. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom