OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adam Jude‏@A_Jude  1h1 hour ago
 If Matt Lubick is indeed the choice as @UW_Football new WR coach, would be his fourth job in three months (Oregon, Ole Miss, Baylor).
laugh.gif

yikes, whats the story behind that

He was fired from Oregon, then flaked on Ole Miss for Baylor, and now Baylor for UW.

Worth mentioning he's from the NW though, so he prob has his family up there.

Last edited:
SC about to hire  Deland McCullough away from IU to be RB coach. Big 10 guys should we be excited?

I hear ND wanted him.

Last edited:
Indiana has had some decent RBs the last couple of seasons. He should be a good hire. Can't comment on him as a recruiter.

SC about to hire  Deland McCullough away from IU to be RB coach. Big 10 guys should we be excited?

I hear ND wanted him.
He's a good coach.  Michigan was looking at him to replace Wheat before they decided on bringing back Frey instead and moving lil Harbaugh over to RB coach. 

LIFE AS A 2-STAR: WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GET YOUR OFFER YANKED, AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

8acc4b0a528fc97194e8b0b65e648fb4_crop_north.jpg

The school D.J. Charles was committed to play for had just hired one of the biggest names and brightest minds in all of football. Lane Kiffin—the Lane Kiffin—had agreed to become the next head coach of Florida Atlantic University.

Getting an offer from FAU had been a big break for Charles in the first place. It was the best offer he'd gotten when he accepted the verbal agreement. And while he hadn't originally committed to play under Kiffin, he loved the idea of it.

"I was very excited," says Charles, a senior safety at Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Florida, reflecting back on the change. "He was coming from one of the top programs in college, winning championships and doing big things. I was excited to have him as my head coach."

But then Kiffin didn't call. And neither did his brother, Chris Kiffin, who took over as the team's defensive coordinator.

No one called, for that matter. The initial excitement began to morph into concern.

Eventually, Chris Kiffin reached out on Twitter, and the two exchanged messages. According to Charles, Kiffin asked him why he decommitted from FAU. Charles told Kiffin he had not, uncertain where that information had come from. Kiffin said he would get back to Charles after they reviewed film and transcripts.

"Once I heard that," Charles says, "I got a sense that something was wrong."

It was not until Charles' father, Lebert, reached out to the program that the family learned their son no longer held a scholarship offer.

"I spoke to someone—not anyone on the coaching staff—to find out what was going on," Lebert Charles says. "They told me then that D.J. didn't have an offer. I was shocked. I didn't say anything. I just hung up the phone.

"To this day, no one has [called D.J.] or called me to let us know what was going on."

And that's when it finally sank in.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-get-your-offer-yanked-and-what-happens-next

Last edited:
Coincidence that Ole Miss lands their worst class (by a lot) since 2012 with the NCAA taking a peak at them??? Have a feeling they will go by the wayside fairly soon

I mean they were probably being negatively recruited like hell by other coaches saying sanctions were coming.

All of the top OOS players you landed coming off a 5-7 season. Let's not act like ole Miss wasn't cheating now. Tunsil stuff too.

5-7 wasn't until this year. Freeze has been 7-6, 8-5, 9-3 and 10-3 before this year. Tunsil stuff was cleared.

A question for you guys that I have been thinking about lately, and since it's a slow time during the off-season. 

If Briles would have taken the Texas job in 14, does the power of an institution like that shield him from any blow back from the eventual scandal at Baylor?  I lean towards yes, but perhaps I'm too much of a cynic. 
Absolutely not.

When **** hit the fan you saw how quick Baylor was to **** all over him publicly.

If he left them? It woulda gotten even uglier. Absolutely nothing to lose at that point.

Blatant how?? Honest question

School with no pedigree
coach with no pedigree
??????
High caliber recruiting classes

Coach freeze readily admits he enjoys his free time so he must be a very charming guy to be able to pull those classes under those conditions.

Back
Top Bottom