Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

- I could see Boston accepting Melo AND the 7th pick.
- That pick is something Chicago or Indiana can't provide while still attaining a great player
- I would try and keep that pick at all cost if that were to be a conversation.
- I personally think Phil would trade Melo and the 7th pick, he'll view it as a prospect and clearing $24M

Last edited:
For Boston to pursue Melo we'd need PG to sign with LA and Hayward to resign with the Jazz. Too bad this is all after the draft.

Last edited:
If and only if Boston gets the #1 pick I would trade Melo and #7 for the pick. Fultz is that special IMO. I can see him becoming the best player in the NBA someday and I would feel great about our future with him and KP  moving forward even with Phil/Dolan and the circus.

Other than getting Fultz though, I dont see enough seperation between Ball + especially Josh Jackson (if only because hes not a PG, I do like him alot as a prospect) and whoever we draft at 7 to justify trading MElo. I would do it for Ball because I think he is a terrific PG prospect, but the thought of Lavarr Ball in NYC is already giving me a headache. 
laugh.gif

[thread="653116"]Official 2017 Knicks Offseason Thread Breaking Porzingis To La/20520_40#post_28096962Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballinsam23  

No thanks to Ball. Way too many weaknesses for a PG.
[/thread]
Haven't posted in  a while, but came in here just to quote this.

I don't let the idea of us taking Frank at 7. His draft stock is based more so on potential than anyone else in the draft and since the Knicks don't have the patience to develop their talent that's a recipe for disaster 

Most mocks have him at 10 or 11 anyway

Would much rather have Fox or Monk

I don't let the idea of us taking Frank at 7. His draft stock is based more so on potential than anyone else in the draft and since the Knicks don't have the patience to develop their talent that's a recipe for disaster 

Most mocks have him at 10 or 11 anyway

Would much rather have Fox or Monk
They also said Porzingis was more of a project than Okafor or Winslow or Mudiay or etc. but he was better than all of them from day 1. Not saying Frank is guaranteed to be better than Fox or Monk or whoever, I'm just saying that scouts always say that **** about the Euro because he is not as well known. Doesnt mean its true. From everything I have seen on him I'd be thrilled with Frank at 7. 

In this order fultz, monk, smith. I really want this team to get monk. I see fultz as unrealistic unless we get the #1 pick and get smith if monk is off the board

When your 'worst case scenario' is a 6'5", 18 year old combo guard that can shoot & play defense, you're in a good spot.

I prefer Fox & DSJr over him but I like Frank a lot, too. Unless we take a big man or someone out of left field I'll be happy with the pick.

My battered knick fans syndrome finds the silver lining in getting the 7 pick to be that we're def going to suck again next year and if we don't **** up the tank pick in the top 4. And we'll suck for a longer time instead of getting a potential premature jolt from a Fultz type by season 3.

Last edited:
Frank is a great shooter and seems pretty smooth with the ball in his hands. Just a little too slow for my liking and I have no idea how his IQ or PnR play is.

I'm almost positive he's our guy though. Fits the perfect mold of that lead guard b******* in Phils triangle.

Last edited:
as a person that doesnt watch college ball can yall post a vid of the dudes yall think are gonna hopefully fall to us?

I've been avoiding looking at the date of the lottery to not get my hopes up while I wait :lol:

Last edited:

If Boston doesn't get the #1 pick I think that seems a little more realistic 
- IDK about that? Boston was the #1 seed in the east. What other team besides Boston would that offer make more sense to AND

that Melo would waive his clause to play for ? Lakers?  And that would be if Paul George decided to go there to pair up? That's too many ifs.  

- Top 3 of 5 prospects are point guards, if BOS feel comfortable with Isaiah Thomas (28yrs old) that can make a difference.

Can add Melo AND possibly Monk, Isaac, or D. Smith etc.

- And if it goes bad with Melo he'll be a $27M expiring contract. Not a bad deal for Boston believe it or not.

I think Melo would agree but who knows what Boston would do. Where Knicks really screwed up in not making this easier was not tanking the proper way.,

That 4th pick would've made all the difference. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom