Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

http://www.nyknicksstore.com/search/tim hardaway

If for any reason someone wants a THJr shirt/jersey his stuff is still on clearance from 3 years ago
Wonder if we move Lee quick because he can't wear 10 and Lee ain't gonna give up 5 
laugh.gif

We obviously gonna be trading Lee after this move. His name has been floating around in trade rumors for weeks now.

I was kind of disappointed with what Lee gave us last year. Even though the team sucked anyway, I didnt see anything from him that I liked enough to want him to stay and be our guy going foward. He's not young enough to move foward with and would be better suited on a contender.

I liked Holiday and I was a little upset we didn't find a way to keep him, but at 29, he probably wouldn't be part of our core by the time the young guys are ready to compete.

As far as Tim Hardaway Jr. goes...

I like the signing. I always been a THJ fan. When we traded him I was upset. Pretty stupid that we trade him for a guy we traded to get another guy and most likely both those guys wont be Knicks next year. But hey, whatever, it's the Knicks.

Last year with Atlanta there was major improvement in his game. I don't think any of you guys saying he didnt improve much or that he isn't worth 70ms actually paid any attention to the kid last season. Dudes in here dropping names like James Johnson, Tony Snell, Tucker and Roberson. :stoneface:

None of those dudes are better then THJ. And aside from his skill, I am a big fan or edgy players that play with heart, passion and anger. THJ definitely have the motor and desire to be great. As well as his work ethic.

When he was with us he was in his first years as a pro, still learning the ropes as a kid. You could see some issues, but I still believed his potential was great.

My favorite thing about this guy is whenever he's plays top teams/players like the Cavs/LeBron he shows up. He doesnt back down and hes not afraid.

He took this game over and was the main reason for the victory against the defending champs.

And the video KingFoam posted against the Rockets is another example of the kids potential. His handling has improved greatly. He could always shoot. Crazy athletic. And im sure can be a very capable defender.

Hardaway Jr. > Waiters , Lee, Holiday.

Also, you guys gotta stop comparing these new contracts to anything of the past. The numbers are extremely inflated due to the new money coming in to the NBA. Players need to be compensated as fairly as possible when these franchises are profiting major major money.

Get Lee traded and possibly move Melo for some more youth and this is a good move IMO.

KCP is a guy I wouldnt be upset about eother before this THJ move but you gotta love and respect the fact that Hardaway actually WANTS to play for the Knicks.

none of that all-star stuff matters if the team isn't at least .500

Nah. Even if the team sucks but he balls out then there's a chance the Knicks could add another good player w/ him and KP through the draft and nothing is lost.

Last edited:
If we move Melo and Lee would we have room to make an attractive offer to KCP? His rights were just renounced by Detroit 

I hope we move Lee but keep melo. I don't see the point in trying to move him. He's content here and with or without him we will lose anyway and get a good draft pick regardless

I just wanna watch Melo and KP for one season in a non triangle offense. They have the potential to be dominant if they have a real PG. If it doesn't work out without Phil, then blow it up. But Melo made the playoffs every year of his career prior to Phil Jackson. He was the only player in the league not named Tim Duncan with that distinction.

^ that's the thing with the hardaway signing. We still don't have a pg and banking on Frank carrying the load for a rookie as far as pg duties. But if Frank works out and we get rid of Lee then I love the signing of hardaway

That's a lot of money for THJR and I was initially pissed because we drafted him and threw him away for nothing. But he's vastly improved and so young. Get rid of Courtney Lee asap and make him the starting 2.

^ that's the thing with the hardaway signing. We still don't have a pg and banking on Frank carrying the load for a rookie as far as pg duties. But if Frank works out and we get rid of Lee then I love the signing of hardaway

I feel you. Frank is gonna be a stud imo, but he can't lead the team quite yet. I want Rondo. Teach him the ropes and keep Melo. I'm not mad at a starting 5 of Rondo, THJR, Melo, KP and Willy [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom