Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

And I wouldn't even be mad if we didn't sign any free agents as long as we kept our own. Baker, Randle and Holiday.

And I wouldn't even be mad if we didn't sign any free agents

Here, don't worry about that…

Kristaps Porzingis Trade Rumors Reportedly Alienating Players in Free Agency - Bleacher Report
https://apple.news/AQWe9TXgRRRCxAOFnS9Clkw

Idk why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp. It doesn't matter if KP is in year 2 or 10. You disrespect your players publicly why would anyone want to sign?

Phil & Melo are both gone in 2 years
If Melo plays out the rest of his contract in NY no way he doesn't resign after

Dolan will throw Kobe money at him on a retirement deal and low-key I wouldn't even be mad about it 
laugh.gif

Rockets making Pat Bev, Ryan Anderson and Lou Williams available to go after Paul, Blake or Milsap. Everyone going for these super teams is taking the fun out of the game. Build a majority of homegrown talent and then start plucking free agents. I guess I'm mad because we can't do it.

Rockets making Pat Bev, Ryan Anderson and Lou Williams available to go after Paul, Blake or Milsap. Everyone going for these super teams is taking the fun out of the game. Build a majority of homegrown talent and then start plucking free agents. I guess I'm mad because we can't do it.

You're right tho. Houston has a solid team. They gonna mess around and end up with nothing :lol:

Y'all wanted Phil so bad in the beginning :lol: . It was like a championship parade, now look at it.
Y'all who :nerd: :lol: If he had been hired as coach I might have had delusions involving success, but personally there was no parade for me with the hiring. I remember thinking, "boy I hope I'm wrong" :rofl:

Can someone post that chart in English this time :rofl:

For some reason picks 2 and 8 seem to under perform for their draft position.

Picks 3/4/5 have a higher win share average than the 2 pick. My rationale? Picks 2-5 are a guess on who is the "next best guy" and teams at 2 tend to draft on POSITION NEED rather than BPA. Hence why the second pick is most likely not the "next best" but rather the best fit, leaving 3-5 to take best player available.

2nd Overall NBA Draft Picks
Year Player Drafted From Drafted By
2013 Victor Oladipo Indiana Orlando
2012 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Kentucky Charlotte
2011 Derrick Williams Arizona Minnesota
2010 Evan Turner Ohio State Philadelphia
2009 Hasheem Thabeet Connecticut Memphis
2008 Michael Beasley Kansas St. Miami
2007 Kevin Durant Texas Seattle
2006 LaMarcus Aldridge Texas Chicago
2005 Marvin Williams UNC Fr. Atlanta
2004 Emeka Okafor UConn Jr. Charlotte
2003 Darko Milicic Serbia 1985 Detroit
2002 Jay Williams Duke Jr. Chicago
2001 Tyson Chandler Dominguez HSSs. LA Clippers
2000 Stromile Swift LSU So. Vancouver

As for the 8. That pick is so far down that I can't find any meaning to the data. Here are the 8 picks (followed by 7 and 9 to see who "missed"). When looking at the picks, its seems like the teams at 8 missed out on some good talent who got chosen at 7 and then guessed wrong and left quality players at 9. Bad luck? Especially in 2009 (Curry gone, Jordan Hill for us, Derozan to Toronto) and 2010 (Monroe, Aminu, Gordon Hayward) :x

8th Overall NBA Draft Picks
2013 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Georgia Detroit
2012 Terrence Ross Washington Toronto
2011 Brandon Knight Kentucky Detroit
2010 Al-Farouq Aminu Wake Forest LA Clippers
2009 Jordan Hill Arizona New York
2008 Joe Alexander West Virgina Milwaukee
2007 Brandan Wright North Carolina Charlotte
2006 Rudy Gay Connecticut Memphis
2005 Channing Frye Arizona Sr. New York
2004 Rafael Araujo BYU Sr. Toronto
2003 TJ Ford Texas So. Milwaukee
2002 Chris Wilcox Maryland So. LA Clippers
2001 Sagana Diop Oak Hill HSSr. Cleveland
2000 Jamal Crawford Michigan Fr Cleveland

7th Overall NBA Draft Picks
2013 Ben McLemore Kansas Sacramento
2012 Harrison Barnes North Carolina Golden State
2011 Bismack Biyombo Spain Sacramento
2010 Greg Monroe Georgetown Detroit
2009 Stephen Curry Davidson Golden State
2008 Eric Gordon Indiana L.A. Clippers
2007 Corey Brewer Florida Minnesota
2006 Randy Foye Villanova Portland
2005 Charlie Villanueva Conn So. Toronto
2004 Luol Deng Duke Fr. Chicago
2003 Kirk Hinrich Kansas Sr. Chicago
2002 Maybyner "Nene" Hilario Brazil 1982 New York
2001 Eddie Griffin Seton Hall Fr. New Jersey
2000 Chris Mihm Texas Jr. Chicago

9th Overall NBA Draft Picks
2013 Trey Burke Michigan Minnesota
2012 Andre Drummond Connecticut Detroit
2011 Kemba Walker UConn Charlotte
2010 Gordon Hayward Butler Utah
2009 Demar DeRozan USC Toronto
2008 D.J. Augustin Texas Charlotte
2007 Joakim Noah Florida Chicago
2006 Patrick O'Bryant Bradley Golden State
2005 Ike Diogu Arizona St. Jr. Golden State
2004 Andre Iguodala Ariz. So. Philadelphia
2003 Mike Sweetney Georgetown Jr. New York
2002 Amare Stoudemire Cypress Creek HSSr. Phoenix
2001 Rodney White CharlotteFr. Detroit
2000 Joel Przybilla MinnesotaSo. Houston

Last edited:
And I wouldn't even be mad if we didn't sign any free agents

Here, don't worry about that…

Kristaps Porzingis Trade Rumors Reportedly Alienating Players in Free Agency - Bleacher Report
https://apple.news/AQWe9TXgRRRCxAOFnS9Clkw

Idk why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp. It doesn't matter if KP is in year 2 or 10. You disrespect your players publicly why would anyone want to sign?

Exactly what I was saying.

Terrible look.

I like Frank but I feel like Mitchell could have the same impact on defense with a better offensive game

This organization is such a mess.... :rofl:

If anybody in here spends money on this team going forward they are crazy... :rofl:

knowing dolan he will probably resign phil after his contract expires... this franchise tends to shy away from common sense decisions

Last edited:
This organization is such a mess.... :rofl:

If anybody in here spends money on this team going forward they are crazy... :rofl:
Does that include any M&N gear? What about those of us stuck with Cablevision? [emoji]128550[/emoji]
He actually sold cablevision a year ago some french company named Altice. I am actually good friends with a former executive of Cablevision who said he's just as big of a douche as we think he is. Ego-maniac to the fullest and has been in the room while he threw chairs around the board room for no reason. Dude thinks he's a rock star and his solution to everything is to throw money at it which has worked perfectly with the Knicks. He said they almost went bankrupt 15 years ago and having the internet saved them from going under, along with him stepping back during the same period.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom