OFFICIAL 2017 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON (4-6) THREAD::NEXT:WEEK 12 NOV 26 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS

I personally believe in working on one unit thru the draft at a time and trying to add parts to the other side via FA as best you can. For instance, if we were to cut Pouncey and Julius, use that money on Def, be it a CB, or another LB, or even help at DT/DE, whoever happens to fit the best. Add getting Rake back, and that's a helpful start for the defense.

Then thru the draft, I go OG, OG, maybe sign a cheaper C, and then TE/RB/OT in the mid rounds, and I re-sign Landry and James. And of course, Tannehill comes back and whatever anyone thinks of him, he's better than Cutler/Moore.

In fact, I know it will never happen, but maybe a guy like Mark Walton falls in the draft because of injury + positional bias against RB's, and we could land him late, 3-4 round range. Kamara was a 3rd, David Johnson, we pulled Miller in the 4th, Ajayi in the 5th. And ironically, his teammate Chris Herndon IV would be a solid fit at TE, and he too could drop because of injury. Neither injury are life altering, or career ending or anything like that, so they could come back just fine. And let's face it, RB and TE from The U happen to have nice track records in the NFL. Getting these guys in the middle rounds, while still adding much needed talent to the Oline would be a massive upgrade.

Swing it the other way, if you wanted to spend in FA on O, and draft for Defense, same kind of idea, draft another DE, CB rounds 1-2, two most important positions, we're set at Safety it seems, so then rounds 3-4 you go LB, DT, and extra DE or CB with the Ajayi pick.
Then spend money on a new TE and 2-3 Olineman, and still hopefully sign Landry and James to come back.

Bottom line, we have maybe 12-15 players worth keeping, + 5-6-7 decent guys like Drake/Williams. Not studs, but capable. We need to hit on 3-4 contributors asap, + sign 3-4 more and then hope 1-2 extra players round out the offseason. Be it trade, or UDFA, or maybe a camp cut from another team in June that lands with us, etc. That would get us to almost 30 decent bodies on the roster. Another offseason after that adding 3-4 each grouping would get us closer to 35-40 solid pieces, with luck. Not gonna be easy, but it's doable. Not to mention, our schedule could be a little easier next year if we finish 3rd-4th this year.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the last four drafts/fa periods. Theyve set an entire foundation that now needs components or compliments.

Offense:
Tunsil
James
Drake
Landry
Stills
Tannehil

Defense:
Suh
Phillips
God
Taylor
Harris
Rak
Kiko when playing in the right position
Stephen
Timmons
McCain
Tank
Howard
Lippett
TJ
Jones

ST:
Aikens
Parkey

I'd be fine with trading Pouncey, injuries have sucked and he's been trying to do the job of three people. I would also be ok finding a market for Parker... he shows flashes of greatness however he's soft on the field at times for his size and he is often injured. Again, for some kind of picks.

Asiata is an unknown... but with all the deaths on the line and him getting No PT, I'm not hopeful.

Edit: after writing all of this down. I would go offense heavy in the draft and will probably update what I want later. My main point is that the base of this team has been built. However there is no offensive line, no TE, no number 1 receiver, no number 1 running back.

Edit: after writing all of this down. I would go offense heavy in the draft and will probably update what I want later. My main point is that the base of this team has been built. However there is no offensive line, no TE, no number 1 receiver, no number 1 running back.

:lol: :lol:

In other words, this team #%@&^#$& blows. No, Mike Tannenbomb is not going to fix it. No, Ryan Tannehill is not going to fix anything. This team is putrid and will probably lose 10 straight to end the season. Blow it all up!

"Overrated" QB prospects but pining for Tannehill, oh Dolphins fans :lol: :smh:

Mike Tannenbomb and Adam Gase are both clowns. Adam Gase's playbook is stale as hell and folks don't see that yet, that's the fanbase for you. Philbin promised us a dynamic offense that resembled Green Bay's. He talked about it in his opening speech. Lots of motion, exploiting mismatches, off balance formations, etc. The offense turned out to be predictable, stale, and the opposite of dynamic.

Same thing with Gase. Other teams know what we're running. Gilmore knew what routes Parker was gonna run. Said it after the game. Same Tannehill stans blaming Moore for pre-play protection changes, but never blamed Ryan. Parker is a bust. He's soft, doesn't have ball hawk mentality, and gets easily jammed at the LOS. Again, Gilmore called him out after the game.

Tunsil is awful. Pouncey needs to go. But the problems go beyond the players. The team stopped believing in the coach. Look at Landry, calling coach out for not challenging that play after the game. Traded the RB away because of ego. What was Philbin doing? Getting rid of outspoken players. History is repeating itself.

Team is gonna stink until the 2 biggest problems are taken care of. Gase and Tannenbomb. Until then, make all the dream scenarios you want, this team will not execute them. Already, draft picks like Tunsil and Howard faltering. Kiko and Branch extended, for what? The plan is falling apart. :lol:

As usual, you have no idea what you're talkin about, you're just spouting. But that's 2017, 16, 15, 14, 13, etc....

As usual, you have no idea what you're talkin about, you're just spouting. But that's 2017, 16, 15, 14, 13, etc....

As usual, you're wrong about everything. You've been wrong since this site was built. I don't think the team has won one playoff game since you joined NT. But keep up with the fantasy "plans" that won't come to fruition, 2023 you'll still be talking this crap

:lol: "Believe me, Gase will have another year of blah blah, and the rookies will develop because he's such a great coa---- oh wait #@%^$, he can't develop young talent. Parker took a step back, Tunsil, Howard, but it's ok he's still a great great coach believe me" :lol: ol' Trump soundin #%%

Remember when you blamed Ireland FOR EVERYTHING?

He's kicking *** in New Orleans. Heh.

You're now blaming Gase for everything, but putting your word on Matt Moore.

Matt. Moore.

Your NFL voice is null and void. Same as your NBA voice. And your MLB voice.

Remember when you blamed Ireland FOR EVERYTHING?

He's kicking *** in New Orleans. Heh.

You're now blaming Gase for everything, but putting your word on Matt Moore.

Matt. Moore.

Your NFL voice is null and void. Same as your NBA voice. And your MLB voice.

:lol: "null and void" no, it's not. You refuse to debate because you can't bring facts to the table, ever. That stuff you pull with others won't work here, you know it, I know it. For instance, find where i wanted to bring a veteran coach in instead of Gase. I wanted a Shanahan kind of guy, or Coughlin. Look what Coughlin built in Jacksonville. That defense is physical, is explosive, dynamic, and creates turnovers.

What do the Dolphins create on defense? What turnovers? Bobby McCain is the leading INT man? Why was Matt Burke selected as defensive coordinator. Why is he employing a wide 9 defense? What winning teams use that crap? This team gave up 196 yards rushing to the Patriots on Sunday. A defense with Wake, Suh, Jones, Branch, Kiko, etc etc we're paying all these scrubs to get run over and curbstomped every week. Who is responsible for this?

If you say Tannenbaum, you're half correct. He shouldn't be the GM. As long as he is, this team will continue spinning wheels in the mud.

I'm over Moore. We need to draft a QB but I don't trust the GM and Grier to pick the correct player.

:lol: "null and void" no, it's not. You refuse to debate because you can't bring facts to the table, ever. That stuff you pull with others won't work here, you know it, I know it. For instance, find where i wanted to bring a veteran coach in instead of Gase. I wanted a Shanahan kind of guy, or Coughlin. Look what Coughlin built in Jacksonville. That defense is physical, is explosive, dynamic, and creates turnovers.

What do the Dolphins create on defense? What turnovers? Bobby McCain is the leading INT man? Why was Matt Burke selected as defensive coordinator. Why is he employing a wide 9 defense? What winning teams use that crap? This team gave up 196 yards rushing to the Patriots on Sunday. A defense with Wake, Suh, Jones, Branch, Kiko, etc etc we're paying all these scrubs to get run over and curbstomped every week. Who is responsible for this?

If you say Tannenbaum, you're half correct. He shouldn't be the GM. As long as he is, this team will continue spinning wheels in the mud.

I'm over Moore. We need to draft a QB but I don't trust the GM and Grier to pick the correct player.

Wide 9.......you realize we don't run that anymore, right? :lol:

"Veteran" coach. You mean a retread. That's what you wanted, a burnout coach that just cashes his check. That's your endorsement, a retread. :rofl:

I don't bring "facts" to the table. Coming from you, that's rich. :lol:

Coughlin "built" in Jax.......as not the coach. Sure, that makes perfect sense. Not the fact Jax has been drafting in the top 5 for a decade, got it.

Those same Patriots we're giving up 500+ yards a week* (*approximately) defensively, maybe they have coaching issues to, eh?

You were talking **** about Gase while he won 13 of 17 games with a trash roster. You're just getting louder now that the roster has caught up to us, wondering he's coaching without his QB, his RT, RG, MLB, #3 CB, 8 games without his Safety, while Suh, Wake, and DVP haven't helped AT ALL. (All 3 played well last year)

Over Moore. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Me too.....ten years ago. :lol:

By all means, fire Gase, hire a retread coach, don't fix your personnel evaluators, continue to "fix" nothing, and then you'll blame him after 20 games, rinse and repeat.

Wide 9 doe. :lol:

Wide 9.......you realize we don't run that anymore, right? :lol:

"Veteran" coach. You mean a retread. That's what you wanted, a burnout coach that just cashes his check. That's your endorsement, a retread. :rofl:

I don't bring "facts" to the table. Coming from you, that's rich. :lol:

Coughlin "built" in Jax.......as not the coach. Sure, that makes perfect sense. Not the fact Jax has been drafting in the top 5 for a decade, got it.

Those same Patriots we're giving up 500+ yards a week* (*approximately) defensively, maybe they have coaching issues to, eh?

You were talking **** about Gase while he won 13 of 17 games with a trash roster. You're just getting louder now that the roster has caught up to us, wondering he's coaching without his QB, his RT, RG, MLB, #3 CB, 8 games without his Safety, while Suh, Wake, and DVP haven't helped AT ALL. (All 3 played well last year)

Over Moore. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Me too.....ten years ago. :lol:

By all means, fire Gase, hire a retread coach, don't fix your personnel evaluators, continue to "fix" nothing, and then you'll blame him after 20 games, rinse and repeat.

Wide 9 doe. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

So you do realize we've all been asking if we're gonna fire the GM, fire the coach too. We keep firing one or the other. Sparano canned, Ireland stays. Ireland canned, Philbin stays. Philbin canned, Hickey, Tannenbombs, Gase, one mess after another.

Ross is listening to the wrong folks. If he fired Tannenbaum, then he'd be admitting his boy is ruining the team, so he won't do that. He is clueless as an owner and it has cost us big time.

I wouldn't have minded Coughlin as GM. Anyone but Mike T. He set the Jests back 10 years with his garbage and now he's setting us back another 10. Gase is Josh McDaniel 2.0. I will find this post 4 years from now when he's finally fired. 13 of 17, was any of those games against a .600 team? :lol:

You used to say Gase was a QB whisperer. The offense is a "whispering" alright :rofl: :rofl: any quieter and we'd be the damn Cleveland Browns

I hope this never ends.

You guys are my favorite, not even a close second.

:lol:

As long as this #%@% show keeps trucking on, we will be here arguing about these losers.

Coach sees the starting LB trying to run back to his old team. His OL coach is snorting coke on camera. His best WR is questioning his decision making in public. He trades away his RB because "message" (hasn't won since, oh and 1.5 healthy RB's left). His chosen QB leads a 30th ranked passing attack. His pick for defensive coordinator is awful. Every press conference is "we need to find answers" :lol: 11 games in, doesn't know what's going on. Veteran LB gets arrested. The 3 yard WR screen is a staple of the offense.

We can go on for days. We are seeing "loser football" in Miami and until extreme changes are made, it's not gonna get any better. But he sure has some arrogance to him, doesn't he? :lol: :lol:

Charles Clay, drafted, developed, not re-signed.
Jared Odrick, drafted, developed, not re-signed.
Lamar Miller, drafted, developed, not re-signed.
Olivier Vernon, drafted, developed, not re-signed.
Rishard Matthews, drafted, developed, not re-signed.

Jarvis Landry, Ju'Wan James, drafted, developed, about to be not re-signed.

Multiple picks traded to get Dion Jordan.
Multiple picks traded to get Leonte Carroo.

Trades for Kiko and Maxwell. Maxwell cut a year later.

Big money thrown out at Wallace, Albert, Suh.

"Coaching" issue. :lol:

Blame Gase for all this, the only move that's truly his is trading Ajayi, and oh by the way, multiple TD's and 3 longest runs of the year all come AFTER that trade, but hey, who needs facts, right?

Last edited:
Charles Clay, drafted, developed, not re-signed.
Jared Odrick, drafted, developed, not re-signed.
Lamar Miller, drafted, developed, not re-signed.
Olivier Vernon, drafted, developed, not re-signed.

Jarvis Landry, Ju'Wan James, drafted, developed, about to be not re-signed.

Multiple picks traded to get Dion Jordan.
Multiple picks traded to get Leonte Carroo.

Trades for Kiko and Maxwell. Maxwell cut a year later.

Big money thrown out at Wallace, Albert, Suh.

"Coaching" issue. :lol:

Blame Gase for all this, the only move that's truly his is trading Ajayi, and oh by the way, multiple TD's and 3 longest runs of the year all come AFTER that trade, but hey, who needs facts, right?

So we're agreeing that Mikey T is a big part of the problem, no? Grier and Tbomb should be gone, correct?

What about developing Parker, Tunsil, Howard, Carroo, Asiata, etc.? Is that not on the coach? If not, then who?

So we're agreeing that Mikey T is a big part of the problem, no? Grier and Tbomb should be gone, correct?

What about developing Parker, Tunsil, Howard, Carroo, Asiata, etc.? Is that not on the coach? If not, then who?

I've never backed Baum or Grier. Never have, never will.

Asiata is a lottery pick, that's a needle in a haystack pick.

Tunsil can still come around, remember, James used to be a weak link too, he learned and grew. Hope Tunsil does the same.

DVP was very productive last year with Tannehill. Not as much with Cutler/Moore. Maybe there's something there, maybe he's soft, iono.

Howard struggles with coverage/position, but he is physical as all hell. Could be a scheme thing.

I have no idea on Carroo, but maybe that's because Landry/Stills/DVP are all better, not usual you hear or care about a 4th wideout. Maybe he'd produce if one of them went down, I dunno.

What I know is Gase can coach, but he HAS to have talent. He's showing up to gunfights with spoons. We can't even give him knives yet.

We need to cut salary/dead weight, and we need to nail draft picks. Sadly, that amount of time, he'll likely be fired by then. Then it'll allllllllll start over with the next coach/GM. :smh:

I'll take that. I agree. That's the frustrating part. The owner can't get it right.

Also Matt Burke, needs to go as soon as 0:00 hits week 17.

Had to listen to this game while in the office last night not realizing that the O Line played insanely well lol

Back
Top Bottom