Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tristan averaged 5.6 points and 5.8 rebounds with below average defense in the Finals. He's the one you guys should be placing the blame on if that's what you're trying to do.

Games 1 and 2, did Love's production come in garbage time? I don't recall exactly, but at the end of the series it just felt like he was expendable of course for the right return

He played terrible in 3 and 5

Those numbers were skewed by the blowout games. He played well, can't take that away from him but blowouts.

But the point remains is he played better this year. Took advantage on postups with KD. Hit more open shots. Just played better period.

Problem is GS got alot better with KD.

Love and Cousins even with the lack of defense could be akin to Kanter and Adams circa 2016 against GS. They killed them on the boards. The real reason they were up 3-1.....................
He had 23 and 5 in the one game they actually won.

:lol:

I don't think anybody is saying Love is THE reason they lost but it's a fact that he's inconsistent as hell in the playoffs. Dude was bricking open shots all finals. The finals they won he did close to nothing. He be having way too many 5, 6 point games to be that good.

The
Games 1 and 2, did Love's production come in garbage time? I don't recall exactly, but at the end of the series it just felt like he was expendable of course for the right return

He played terrible in 3 and 5

I thought he played well in game 5. Dude just didn't hit shots....and GSW executed down the stretch...and KD hit the game winner.

Love had 13rbds and 6 steals....and a TON of deflections. Sure he couldn't hit a shot.....but he did what you do when your shot isn't falling in basketball.

Impact the game in other areas. It's weird how people distinctly remembers Kevin Love's "bad games"....but completely gloss over Kyrie's or TT for some reason. Especially Kyrie. Love became the scapegoat a while back....and that's what people will do when the Cavs lose. Regardless on if he actually played well or not.

I'm just interested to see what you guys think swapping Love for someone not named Paul George or Jimmy Butler is really going to do to realistically make the team better.

The

I thought he played well in game 5. Dude just didn't hit shots....and GSW executed down the stretch...and KD hit the game winner.

Love had 13rbds and 6 steals....and a TON of deflections. Sure he couldn't hit a shot.....but he did what you do when your shot isn't falling in basketball.

Impact the game in other areas. It's weird how people distinctly remembers Kevin Love's "bad games"....but completely gloss over Kyrie's or TT for some reason. Especially Kyrie. Love became the scapegoat a while back....and that's what people will do when the Cavs lose. Regardless on if he actually played well or not.

Huh? People been killing TT :lol: In this very thread people bring up how he's stealing money.

Kyrie was getting killed on this site til he went off last years finals.

:lol:

I don't think anybody is saying Love is THE reason they lost but it's a fact that he's inconsistent as hell in the playoffs. Dude was bricking open shots all finals. The finals they won he did close to nothing. He be having way too many 5, 6 point games to be that good.

When you're the 3rd option....it's going to happen. Klay Thompson has had bad statistical games in the finals. Chris Bosh did. It happens.

Hell, Chris Bosh had 0pts in game 6 of 2013.....but he got THE rebound and assist that saved the Heat. Such is the life of a third option.

What really hurts is when you're a 3rd option like Harrison Barnes was in 2016.....and you can't do the one thing you're supposed to do....and don't contribute in any other facets. That's when it's really problematic

Personally at this point I wouldn't trade Love. He's now the second option and his numbers are going to jump now with the increase in touches. Add to that I think his defense will continue to get better.

Better as in not be horrid. It's consistently gotten better through the years and Love has quick hands. He's gotten some steals in the post and on the perimeter as of late.

That BKN pick and Tristan/Shump for Cousins now.

Price goes down even further at the deadline if/when things begin to go downhill for NOLA.

JR has to be benched or traded, need a decent defender next to IT

If it were even plausible, IT/best defensive player possible via trade/Bron/Crowder/Cousins

Game 5, Love had zero steals.

Can't score 6 points and have a good game, third option or not. He may have done other things well, that's fair to say, but a good game... stretch

Game 3 is where he had 6 steals.. and made 1 FG

JR and Tristan probably don't have much trade value, while Love does. As I said, would have to fetch the right offer (i.e. Black Gordon)

Other than that you're stuck with what ya got. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, GSW really are light years ahead

Deron Williams and Iman Shumpert were the biggest reasons why they lost.

Williams had a -82 net rating, you coulda got someone from this thread to give you that kind of production.

Game 5, Love had zero steals.

Can't score 6 points and have a good game, third option or not. He may have done other things well, that's fair to say, but a good game... stretch

Game 3 is where he had 6 steals.. and made 1 FG

You said game 3 & 5.

I just gave you game 3 stats which he had 6 steals and 13 rebounds :lol:. I didn't feel like looking up game 5 to prove my point. Series was over with at that point anyway. Point is....dude did his party to put his team in position to win. He shouldn't be "called out" or scapegoated.

The better team just won.

Earl and Bron are officially butt buddies. They wives hanging out too. He ain't going nowhere.

Frye's expiring, Shump 10mil mid level deal with only 2 years left, and Jefferson's cheap deal are their best assets contractually to go with their picks. They prolly on the first thing smoking out of CLeaveLand. Probably don't mind at all either. :lol:

Warriors Big 3 in Finals- 78.4 PPG

Cavs Big 3 in Finals- 79 PPG

*Shaq* The others........

You said game 3 & 5.

I just gave you game 3 stats which he had 6 steals and 13 rebounds :lol:. I didn't feel like looking up game 5 to prove my point. Series was over with at that point anyway. Point is....dude did his party to put his team in position to win. He shouldn't be "called out" or scapegoated.

The better team just won.
Yeah I know, I'm just saying you didn't have the correct stats for game 5 which it seemed like you were referring to since you specifically said he played well in game 5 and mentioned those specific stats. If you meant game 3 that's cool

I don't think he should be called out or scapegoated either, but like I said, I felt like he became expendable for the right return. Now that Black Gordon and Butler are off the table they're stuck with what they have. No use in trading him to move laterally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom