Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby Bo getting a check until 2035
sick.gif
Dude blares "first of tha month"  every July no doubt

He would still get paid. Just means that salary would go back on to the Heat's cap space.

I think Darius Miles had a similar situation.

Yes. Should have added that. The rest of Bosh's contract won't affect the Heat's cap room because they were granted a waiver due to his medical condition. However, if he signs somewhere and plays, then it kicks back in because the waiver would be void.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Part of me thinks we should go into tank mode. Being a 5 or 6 seed in the East isn't going to get us anywhere.

True but then you wouldn't be able to even acknowledge the presence of said high draft picks on your team because they haven't proved anything yet and you should have nothing to be excited about.

Yes. Should have added that. The rest of Bosh's contract won't affect the Heat's cap room because they were granted a waiver due to his medical condition. However, if he signs somewhere and plays, then it kicks back in because the waiver would be void.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah. He has to play 10 games. Memphis f'd over Portland when they signed Darius Miles to a 10 day contract.

http://knickerblogger.net/the-fascinating-darius-miles-situation/

When they received the “career-ending” exemption for Miles, the Blazers were able to remove the $27 million he was owed for this year (and the next two) off of the salary cap (they still had to pay whatever insurance did not cover, but it was off of the cap). If Miles plays two more games, that money comes back on to their cap, and instead of having $16 million in cap space this offseason, they will only have $7 million.

Yeah. He has to play 10 games. Memphis f'd over Portland when they signed Darius Miles to a 10 day contract.

http://knickerblogger.net/the-fascinating-darius-miles-situation/

When they received the “career-ending” exemption for Miles, the Blazers were able to remove the $27 million he was owed for this year (and the next two) off of the salary cap (they still had to pay whatever insurance did not cover, but it was off of the cap). If Miles plays two more games, that money comes back on to their cap, and instead of having $16 million in cap space this offseason, they will only have $7 million.

Pretty much the only way a team would sign him is to screw over Miami. Which, I doubt any team is trying to do at the moment, especially when the waiver was for a potentially life-threatening condition.

How can your love of the game be greater than living life itself? I mean you have to live to play the game, so I don't understand why Bosh was still trying to force the issue. I understand being passionate about something, but you have to be alive to even have that passion. Take the money and enjoy life with your wife and kids, you already put in work.

How can your love of the game be greater than living life itself? I mean you have to live to play the game, so I don't understand why Bosh was still trying to force the issue. I understand being passionate about something, but you have to be alive to even have that passion. Take the money and enjoy life with your wife and kids, you already put in work.

Part of it involves the odds of the worst case scenario playing out on the court. It's a small percent chance, but any chance is too much. He obviously doesn't think he's invincible, but he's also playing the odds. The problem is, the NBA doesn't want even the remote possibility of another Reggie Lewis situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom