Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami makes no sense to me. If he goes to sa and it works, they have the best chance to beat gsw. Cp gonna be somewhere hurt.

Heat probably has the best probable assets out of those 4 teams but I'm sure Cle doesn't give a damn what Kyrie prefers

So we still don't think Durant is the best player in the league?

:smh:
It is difficult for me to suddenly decide that Durant is truly the best player in the league due to the stacked team he is on and how easy the game is for him now with such talented teammates. He does not have to carry this team,he can pace himself every single game throughout the regular season and playoffs.

What happens if you swapped Durant for Lebron? I don't think Durant leads the Cavs to the finals though his numbers would probably be fantastic. The Warriors still get to the finals,winning 70 games in the reg season,and win the championship easily.

Just my take. Lebron is not the perfect teammate but he has always had to carry his team on his shoulders practically every game of the season and post season. How well does he play if most of that pressure is taken off of his shoulders and he gets to play with teammates who are much better than the teammates he has had? He has played with very few decent defensive players in his career.Wade was only 65 percent against his prime in the four seasons he shared with Lebron. I would never take Bosh over a player like Draymond Green. Kyrie is special and unique but there is no defense and he rarely gives the ball up once he gets going. Love is very inconsistent and he doesn't play well in at least 30 games a season. Defense pretty much sucks. Rebounding is the best part of his game. Love's shooting is overrated.Certainly not clutch.

Durant still has not proven he can carry a team. I believe he played sensational ball against a very weak defensive team in the Cavs. His defense ,primarily shot blocking and steals are due to his abnormal wing span but he wouldn't do that against the warriors if he was still on the Thunder. I love Durant and how his game has evolved. His shooting range is mind boggling. Simply one of the greatest shooters of all time.And his passing has become quite good. I would take Durant in his prime over Kobe in his prime any day of the week. Still, I would not take him in his prime over Lebron in his prime.

If Durant is smart he will spend the rest of his career with the Warriors and win a bunch more rings if the team can afford to keep this young group together.

I believe rings are overrated and are not the litmus test for determining the best players of all time. Durant may be the best player in the NBA today but it is debatable.Seriously debatable.

kyrie out....lebron gonna mess around and average a triple double the reg season to match russ up in that. and then bounce on cleveland not even let them get any player or assets. then go off and win a 1 more champ minimum somewhere. screenshot this. kevin love probably crying to sleep. look at minny basically locking up 6 seed min 8 seed in DA west of the upcoming season....overnight with kat/wiggins locked in contract and the lavine pick in the draft 7-9 overall pick iirc makes that trade for jimmy buckets.

Curry has 5 years left on his deal ... They are not going to lose to anyone as long as Durant stays ... He has 2 years left on his deal and will be coming off a 3 peat ... He will re-up and chase Jordan ...

I keep reading that Lebron and Carmelo are buddies and would love to play with each other. This confuses me to no end. Why would Lebron ever want to play with a one dimensional player like Carmelo Anthony? A once offensive superstar with zero defense and practically no passing. Carmelo has done nothing in his career to warrant the respect he is given by the media and fans. Sure he can score on anyone and is a better shooter with hands in his face than undefended. He can create a shot anytime he wants.So what? There have been many very great offensive players who do not make their teammates better and who play sucky defense. Players who make tons of money and get headlines but never lead their team anywhere. It's about winning,right?About helping your team position itself for a run at a championship. Carmelo has never been that player. And he is not the player he used to be.

What could Carmelo possibly bring to the cavs? They need defense and rebounding desperately. Love is a better all around player than Carmelo. At least he gets rebounds though his offense is quite erratic.

If the Cavs are smart they will not trade Kyrie Irving this season. He is under contract.Make him play out the year with Lebron. Lebron is gone in a year no matter what. Then it will be Kyrie's team. The Cavs have a shot though a much more challenging one to get back to the finals where they will lose again(badly). They need a true center,not a one dimensional center like Tristan Thompson who can only get offensive rebounds and occasionally make a decent defensive play. He has,perhaps, 5 to 10 decent offensive games per season.

Imagine if Bogut had not been lost for the entire season during the 1st game of last season. The Warriors had to give him up to bring in Durant. Imagine if Bogut had been healthy and had a decent season doing what he normally does. I think the Cavs would have had an excellent shot against the Warriors team in the finals. OH well.

kyrie out....lebron gonna mess around and average a triple double the reg season to match russ up in that. and then bounce on cleveland not even let them get any player or assets. then go off and win a 1 more champ minimum somewhere. screenshot this. kevin love probably crying to sleep. look at minny basically locking up 6 seed min 8 seed in DA west of the upcoming season....overnight with kat/wiggins locked in contract and the lavine pick in the draft 7-9 overall pick iirc makes that trade for jimmy buckets.

Lebron has never averaged 10 rebounds per game for a season nor 10 assists per game for a season. He is getting older and older with each long season under his belt. The numbers will start to decline and fairly soon. He'll never average a triple double for a season! Career numbers of 27.1ppg/7.3rpg/7.0assistspg/50.1fg%-Amazing! And his playoffs numbers are better. Combine his reg season and playoff totals and his numbers for a total of 1278 games played are 27.4ppg/7.5rpg/7.0asspg- only Jordan is better and West comparable.

Kyrie ain't trying to stay in Cleveland dawg. Bron screwed him in that aspect as well. Got them strapped at the cap even if he leaves, that team is still built around Bron's strengths. That's probably why the preemptive strike by Kyrie. I think they gotta move him for chemistry alone. SAS was suggesting last night that Bron's camp was the one that leaked the news since this was apparently a week old. Would explain why Windhutt was the one to break it.

All this talk about kd on the dubs as if lebby doesn't have stacked teams lolz. And what's up with all these long as posts? Y'all know I ain't reading all that ****

It is difficult for me to suddenly decide that Durant is truly the best player in the league due to the stacked team he is on and how easy the game is for him now with such talented teammates. He does not have to carry this team,he can pace himself every single game throughout the regular season and playoffs.

What happens if you swapped Durant for Lebron? I don't think Durant leads the Cavs to the finals though his numbers would probably be fantastic. The Warriors still get to the finals,winning 70 games in the reg season,and win the championship easily.

Just my take. Lebron is not the perfect teammate but he has always had to carry his team on his shoulders practically every game of the season and post season. How well does he play if most of that pressure is taken off of his shoulders and he gets to play with teammates who are much better than the teammates he has had? He has played with very few decent defensive players in his career.Wade was only 65 percent against his prime in the four seasons he shared with Lebron. I would never take Bosh over a player like Draymond Green. Kyrie is special and unique but there is no defense and he rarely gives the ball up once he gets going. Love is very inconsistent and he doesn't play well in at least 30 games a season. Defense pretty much sucks. Rebounding is the best part of his game. Love's shooting is overrated.Certainly not clutch.

Durant still has not proven he can carry a team. I believe he played sensational ball against a very weak defensive team in the Cavs. His defense ,primarily shot blocking and steals are due to his abnormal wing span but he wouldn't do that against the warriors if he was still on the Thunder. I love Durant and how his game has evolved. His shooting range is mind boggling. Simply one of the greatest shooters of all time.And his passing has become quite good. I would take Durant in his prime over Kobe in his prime any day of the week. Still, I would not take him in his prime over Lebron in his prime.

If Durant is smart he will spend the rest of his career with the Warriors and win a bunch more rings if the team can afford to keep this young group together.

I believe rings are overrated and are not the litmus test for determining the best players of all time. Durant may be the best player in the NBA today but it is debatable.Seriously debatable.

Tldr. Wrap it up b. 5 sentences or less.

I keep reading that Lebron and Carmelo are buddies and would love to play with each other. This confuses me to no end. Why would Lebron ever want to play with a one dimensional player like Carmelo Anthony? A once offensive superstar with zero defense and practically no passing. Carmelo has done nothing in his career to warrant the respect he is given by the media and fans. Sure he can score on anyone and is a better shooter with hands in his face than undefended. He can create a shot anytime he wants.So what? There have been many very great offensive players who do not make their teammates better and who play sucky defense. Players who make tons of money and get headlines but never lead their team anywhere. It's about winning,right?About helping your team position itself for a run at a championship. Carmelo has never been that player. And he is not the player he used to be.

What could Carmelo possibly bring to the cavs? They need defense and rebounding desperately. Love is a better all around player than Carmelo. At least he gets rebounds though his offense is quite erratic.

If the Cavs are smart they will not trade Kyrie Irving this season. He is under contract.Make him play out the year with Lebron. Lebron is gone in a year no matter what. Then it will be Kyrie's team. The Cavs have a shot though a much more challenging one to get back to the finals where they will lose again(badly). They need a true center,not a one dimensional center like Tristan Thompson who can only get offensive rebounds and occasionally make a decent defensive play. He has,perhaps, 5 to 10 decent offensive games per season.

Imagine if Bogut had not been lost for the entire season during the 1st game of last season. The Warriors had to give him up to bring in Durant. Imagine if Bogut had been healthy and had a decent season doing what he normally does. I think the Cavs would have had an excellent shot against the Warriors team in the finals. OH well.
Chill b. Trump admiring your wall..of text.

Kyrie ain't trying to stay in Cleveland dawg. Bron screwed him in that aspect as well. Got them strapped at the cap even if he leaves, that team is still built around Bron's strengths. That's probably why the preemptive strike by Kyrie. I think they gotta move him for chemistry alone. SAS was suggesting last night that Bron's camp was the one that leaked the news since this was apparently a week old. Would explain why Windhutt was the one to break it.

Thanks for your reply. I understand that Kyrie does not want to be in Cleveland with Lebron anymore. But the ball is in the Cavs court and they do not have to trade Kyrie.True,chemistry will not be great but the current Cavs lineup is better than what they will wind up with after a trade. They won't win another championship with this lineup unless Golden State loses Durant or Curry for the finals.

I'm not upset with Kyrie for requesting a trade. He has the right to try to play out his career the way he wants.He has a need to be the alpha player and see what he really is capable of. Me thinks he wants a scoring title;he could average 35 with his mindset and abilities. Perhaps it's much more important to him right now than winning rings. And that's totally ok. Way too much emphasis on the finals and not enough appreciation for the season that gets played.

Everyone forgets about the path to the finals. I don't want to see shorter regular seasons. And I don't want to think that the only thing that matters are the two teams that battle it out for the ring.

This last season was quite unique. More players averaged 25plus points per game than ever,I believe. So many young fantastic players like Wall and Davis and Thomas,etc,etc. Westbrook,Harden,Leonard,James,Durant,Curry,Davis etc etc. played at extraordinary levels. Westbrook and Harden were as exciting as anyone in history this last season.

I'm rambling,sorry.lol.

Trump has no place here and the only Wall that matters is playing pro basketball. He's going to be mentioned for Mvp next season,in my opinion.

I wonder if LeBron's team is leaking all this just so he can leave again without being the bad guy this time.

Of course just like he probably told Chauncey, Paul, and Jimmy don't bother because it's not certain that I am going to here after the upcoming season. Wouldnt be surprised if him and Kyrie cooked up this so he doesnt look bad when he leaves. Probably told James Jones to retire because he couldnt convince another team to sign him after this year. The only person that is left in the darkness here is Dan Gilbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom