Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want for xmas is a Ball vs Simmons / Lavar vs Embiid matchup.
I think it is pretty realistic. Both are/were meh shooters who like to go left a lot and have pretty solid passing ability.

Even though he is a lefty, his layups are almost exclusively with his right hand. In fact, if you've never seen him play, you'd think he was right handed. He is pretty much ambidextrous.

That being said, Odom is a realistic comparison, but his potential is much much higher if he reaches it.

A rookie is gonna come close to averaging a triple double :rofl:
This is why Sixers fans cant have nice things
This is where all the hype came from the last two days. I love the confidence, but let's watch him play a game before anything else (coming from a die hard Sixer fan).

He also seems to be a gym rat and wants to be great so that's a good sign.

What will be very interesting to see will be the leadership of the team. Simmons seems to be a bit immature (it may just be an age thing) and I don't see Fultz having the charisma to motivate a team, his interviews are boarderline cringe worthy with generic comments.

Even though Embiid is a clown, I do think he can be the leader of the team and lead by example. Getting those Vets around them is absolutely critical to making this work.
BXgI4wYg2xr

Last edited:
All this hype but still hasnt played a game.

It's the offseason buddy. Unless you'd like every conversation in here to be about Kyrie's trade demand or some TMZ **** about what a player is doing off the court then **** like this is going to be discussed about one of the most hyped #1 picks since LeBron getting ready to make his debut this season.

Slap yourself thinking Simmons can avg a triple his first year.

Unless they are boxing out for Simmons to steal rebounds and passing the ball back to Simmons if they can't score in under two dribbles this isn't happening. Winning is already complex for Philly lets not make it more difficult with another year of this nonsense.

Lonzo not putting pressure on himself.

Omgzzzz so much pressure saying that he's better than he was last year.....HOWS HE EVER GOING TO LIVE UP TO THIS??

You'd think Ben's dad said his son is better than Steph Curry and that he has a $500 signature shoe and asked for a $3 billion dollar shoe deal or something

10-10-9 is close to a triple double and it needs 82 more assists, crazy.
What's not close is...

10-9-8
10-11-8
10-12-8
15-15-8

Unless you have a 9+ in each category, with payt games you are way off.

10-10-8 requires 164 more assists to average a triple double.

Basically you get it or you are not close.

Yes and dude wants to know why 6 rebs is realistic but 10 ain't.

This is where all the hype came from the last two days. I love the confidence, but let's watch him play a game before anything else (coming from a die hard Sixer fan).

He also seems to be a gym rat and wants to be great so that's a good sign.

What will be very interesting to see will be the leadership of the team. Simmons seems to be a bit immature (it may just be an age thing) and I don't see Fultz having the charisma to motivate a team, his interviews are boarderline cringe worthy with generic comments.

Even though Embiid is a clown, I do think he can be the leader of the team and lead by example. Getting those Vets around them is absolutely critical to making this work.
BXgI4wYg2xr

This is all good to me what Simmons is saying. Dude has great potential, if he putting the work in he should say this.

Ppl can differentiate lavar and lonzo. Lonzo is humble. Talking **** on twitter and saying your going to be better than last year no ****. If he plays a minute he will be better than last season.

heres the stat lines for each next season

points/assists/reb

lonzo

17/7/5

simmons

14/5/6

fultz

23/4/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom