**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be alone in this, but I think player evaluation in the U.S. needs a complete overhaul.

You look at the NBA draft, and look at the lottery and draft as a whole, and the misses are comical. Even beyond that, almost yearly if you look at the top 100 to 200 players in the country and who actually end up "making it" it's incredible. Just look at the #1 ranked players in HS basketball since 2010.

70AA11F4-F492-4F87-A94B-C63F030EA11C.jpeg

Quick hoop session before the tournament today

my goodness :rofl: :rofl:

I may be alone in this, but I think player evaluation in the U.S. needs a complete overhaul.

You look at the NBA draft, and look at the lottery and draft as a whole, and the misses are comical. Even beyond that, almost yearly if you look at the top 100 to 200 players in the country and who actually end up "making it" it's incredible. Just look at the #1 ranked players in HS basketball since 2010.
I posted about this a few months ago. Go look at the number one ranked HS basketball player in the country and then look and see what kind of NBA player they ended up becoming or if they made it to the league at all.
NT said Jimmy would ruin them

He's backing them into a corner of having to keep him.

But being the best HS basketball player doesn’t mean you’re the best pro prospect

But being the best HS basketball player doesn’t mean you’re the best pro prospect

Absolutely.

To be more clear, I think the relationship as it pertains to HS player rankings and NBA pro prospects needs a complete overhaul. Identifying who the best HS players in the country is one thing, but relative to their pro potential, seems like it's a complete mess.

I’ve always said the 4th-6th grade years are the greatest indicator of future NBA success for players. Look at all the superstars today and they all were putting up great numbers in 4th, 5th, 6th grade.

No guarantees though. I’m pretty confident I broke all the playground scoring records for Lincoln Middle School in Santa Monica when I was 6th grade and somehow I didn’t wind up making the league :smh:

No guarantees though. I’m pretty confident I broke all the playground scoring records for Lincoln Middle School in Santa Monica when I was 6th grade and somehow I didn’t wind up making the league :smh:

I’ll never forget that ‘71 season of yours. Thing is that was before the 3pt line and by the time you were draft eligible your game was outdated

Clint was getting killed last night :smh:
Harden the best post defender on the team :lol:

That’s great and all and Harden had a great game, but y’all still lost nullifying it.

What’s a fifty something point game if you still lose?

I’ve always said the 4th-6th grade years are the greatest indicator of future NBA success for players. Look at all the superstars today and they all were putting up great numbers in 4th, 5th, 6th grade.
Pretty sure Jimmy Butler wasnt putting up numbers then lol

Pascal Siakam didn’t play competitive ball until he was like 16-17

Lol best time to judge a pro prospect is before they hit puberty. Only on nt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom