**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the causal fan wants to watch a game of king of the hill

If you get Tier 1/2 and some tier 3 guys to do it? Incentivize it a bit? I disagree.

The hard part would be getting the players, but watching KD and PG go at it, or Lebron and Giannis go at it, the names alone would get people to care and watch.

The top guys ain't gonna compete once they're established too much to lose nowadays with social media. Just need better dunkers with better creativity. The 2016 contest was one of the best ever and it didn't need all the bells and whistles for the most part.

I heard David Thompson on the radio this morning saying he’s seen Bridges easily complete some of dunks he missed last night. I guess sometimes guys just choke under the bright lights...

Reactions: MVP
If you get Tier 1/2 and some tier 3 guys to do it? Incentivize it a bit? I disagree.

The hard part would be getting the players, but watching KD and PG go at it, or Lebron and Giannis go at it, the names alone would get people to care and watch.

They can’t even appreciate Harden playing 1 on 1.

The dunk contest is great every 4-5 years. We want to get rid of it but if Zion and T Ferg are in the contest next year, people will be saying it’s back.

Even Zion Williamson isn't saving the dunk contest. I've seen his repertoire on youtube. They're all dunks that have been done before and even he can't do them in one try.

We've just reached the point where if fans want a real show nba players should be replaced by professional dunkers who specialize and practice on these dunks to the point where they can't miss the dunks

Zach Lavine is nice with it.

Even if he wasn't actually good at basketball he could've made money specializing as a professional dunker

Yeah, last night’s dunk contest was bad. Probably among the worst ever. But I’m still giving the title of THE worst to the contest featuring the “Dunk Wheel” just based on how truly terrible an idea that was.

Dunk wheel was indeed stupid, but it wasn’t awful in terms of quality.

It had J-Rich, Desmond Mason, and Steve Francis man!

J-Richs last dunk to win is one of my favorites :pimp:

Even Zion Williamson isn't saving the dunk contest. I've seen his repertoire on youtube. They're all dunks that have been done before and even he can't do them in one try.

We've just reached the point where if fans want a real show nba players should be replaced by professional dunkers who specialize and practice on these dunks to the point where they can't miss the dunks

I've always thought having a streetball/Youtube sensation dunker go against an NBA pro would've kept the competitive juice flowing but the NBA would never, ever allow a non NBA entity overshadow their own product.

I've always thought having a streetball/Youtube sensation dunker go against an NBA pro would've kept the competitive juice flowing but the NBA would never, ever allow a non NBA entity overshadow their own product.
NBA players would get slaughtered in a head to head match-up against pro dunkers

It wouldn't be fair and would make nba players look bad

This would never, ever, ever happen.

The chance of a youtube dunker upstaging the NBA product alone would stop this from happening. Plus, the NBA struggles getting guys to do the contest now, No one would commit to it if they had to compete w/like J Clark the jumper

That's essentially what James White was and we saw how epically he failed.

Zion going to bring the juice next year.

I heard David Thompson on the radio this morning saying he’s seen Bridges easily complete some of dunks he missed last night. I guess sometimes guys just choke under the bright lights...
These dudes not loose enough. Basically coming off the bench cold doing certain dunks. Need them warm legs

Very true. People forget Iggy dunk off dunk in 06 was on the spot from Kobe
That's 2006. A lot of the most complicated dunks that exists today didn't exist at that point Ej. Eastbay 360

At this point in 2019 nba players are getting their best dunks from youtube lol

+ 1

Those 1 on 1 drills are super freaking entertaining.

Can't see how this wouldn't be appealing if they could convince All star level players to compete in it. They compete in the skills challenge and the 3pt shootout, why not lol winner gets 100k.

They may be all dunks you have seen before but Zion dunks with flair and great body control. He also dunks HARD too. All these things plus his name alone is going to have the crowd hyped.

It will be must watch TV next year.

Reactions: MVP
That's 2006. A lot of the most complicated dunks that exists today didn't exist at that point Ej. Eastbay 360

At this point in 2019 nba players are getting their best dunks from youtube lol

Where did AG get his sitting chair dunk from?

DzVIcYkUYAA0KCj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom