**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The actual worst dunk contest ever.

:lol: at Gerald Wallace participating again 8 years after the first time he did it. I have never seen someone looked so bored, he didn’t give a **** at all.

This was the one Lebron skipped out on too

That's 2006. A lot of the most complicated dunks that exists today didn't exist at that point Ej. Eastbay between the legs.

At this point in 2019 nba players are getting their best dunks from youtube lol
No, I’m saying is that dudes can do creative dunks on the spot.

Now I do agree with the YT part but those are still the same dunks with a slight variation. We’ve seen the off the side of background dunks enough times in the past 10 years

Reactions: MVP
Can't see how this wouldn't be appealing if they could convince All star level players to compete in it. They compete in the skills challenge and the 3pt shootout, why not lol winner gets 100k.
Yep. Also, for a league that markets individuals, it's mind boggling this hasn't come into fruition.

They tried a 2 ball event for crying out loud, this one is long overdue- give it a shot even if it's a one-off.

Most of these dudes to friendly with each other to take KOTH seriously

No, I’m saying is that dudes can do creative dunks on the spot.

Now I do agree with the YT part but those are still the same dunks with a slight variation. We’ve seen the off the side of background dunks enough times in the past 10 years
Don't get me wrong.

I'm not saying there can't be exceptions to the rule.

To my knowledge I haven't seen the over a person and elbow through the rim before which was done last night.

But the majority of dunks have been done already and all nba players would be doing are copying or putting some spin on it.

Without an absolute doubt from youtube somewhere. I watched that dunk contest and remember thinking I've seen all of Aaron Gordon's dunks from somewhere before
The seated one and the double pump both came from YT. I knew the second I saw it
Don't get me wrong.

I'm not saying there can't be exceptions to the rule.

To my knowledge I haven't seen the over a person and elbow through the rim before which was done last night.
He vaulted off Shaq so that doesn’t count.

There’s plenty of dudes who can do a 720 or go in between the legs twice. Those are things we haven’t seen and would want to see, not John Colllins breaking the airplane

Again, we are all pretty much diehard fans or close to it. Watching KOH would be great for us.

The 9 year old kids, the women who watch with their man, they aren’t trying to watch a bunch of triple threat moves.

You’re better off having a big game of knockout

That would also be better than the dunk contest :lol: :lol:

I still think you should throw it out there and see what happens. See if you can get some names to compete in it. It can't be worse than the dunk contest.

A game of 21 would be better and relatable.

I tried finding that seated dunk back a couple years ago and I couldn't so if somebody can point me in the direction of who did it before I'd appreciate it.

A game of 21 would be better and relatable.

I tried finding that seated dunk back a couple years ago and I couldn't so if somebody can point me in the direction of who did it before I'd appreciate it.

It'd be hard to find cuz it's not just a video dedicated to a single dunk called seated chair dunk. It'd just be one dunk of a repertoire of one of the pro dunkers,and I can't remember which pro dunker did it.

I heard David Thompson on the radio this morning saying he’s seen Bridges easily complete some of dunks he missed last night. I guess sometimes guys just choke under the bright lights...

i mean none of those guys last night are short on talent when it comes to dunking.
it's just a matter of having the ball bounce the right way (especially if someone else is assisting) and a bit of luck/timing

gotta keep the ball close to you and preferably not introduce another person who can mess it all up for you

A lot of people have the athletic ability. It's just a matter of practicing dunks like you'd practice free throws.

Everyone and their mama can hit one free throw without practice. To be able to hit it at a high percentage, you of course would have to practice.

If you give an NBA player all day they'd eventually be able to hit the dunk they want...of course, no one wants to see trial and error being done in a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom