**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Jackson is a bird.

He didn't want to play with Jason Kidd and Jamaal Mashburn in Dallas and didn't want to play with Kobe and Shaq when he had the chance in 1998 and 1999.

Jimmy was never better than Eddie Jones but you never heard Eddie crying when Kobe started to take his minutes.

jim jackson was finna give hands out to crispy bald fade Kidd and mashburn wasnt even thinking about helping. He was just gonna sit back looking like funhouse mirror bokeem woodbine and be as annoying as he is in literally every film he's done. 'Yeaaaaa, if you really dont like him, why dont you kill him with your bare hands and pour his blood in a spray bottle and spritz those flowers over there, they're looking kinda dry for fake plants'

f'n *** hole, cant stand bokeem.

I don't know how folks have the patience to watch All-Star Saturday live. You have to be a Monk or something. The commercials are obnoxious. Don't know how we functioned without DVR.

jim jackson was finna give hands out to crispy bald fade Kidd and mashburn wasnt even thinking about helping. He was just gonna sit back looking like funhouse mirror bokeem woodbine and be as annoying as he is in literally every film he's done. 'Yeaaaaa, if you really dont like him, why dont you kill him with your bare hands and pour his blood in a spray bottle and spritz those flowers over there, they're looking kinda dry for fake plants'

f'n *** hole, cant stand bokeem.

Put some respek on Bokeem Woodbine's name immediately!

Hmmmm.....50 you say.
-I am Mulatto. (Although this is probably the last time I’d say this now considering.....)
-I learned this word from my Father who is Black and Mother who is White and it was used in our household by us.
-First I've ever heard of it being offensive is tonight.
-Funny enough that I"m 40 and haven't heard a word about it being offensive until tonight.
-Maybe it's Geographically offensive as googles seem to have conflicting portrayals of the words meaning.

I've heard that word hundreds of times over the years and never heard offended reactions after the fact, except tonight on here.

Even digging in for about 5 minutes just now it was real easy to see how the word got to be "offensive" supposing it came from the word "Mule" which also seems to be incorrect, allegedly "comes from the Arabic word Mulatto does not derive from " Mule". The word derrives from "Muladi", which is from Arabic " Muwaladeen", which means white mixed with Moor. It comes from medieval times. If the slavers wanted to call people " mules", they just call would've call them " mulas" instead of " mulattos" just like the Jews that converted to Christianity in Medieval Spain were reffered to as " Marrano" ( pig in Spanish). Mulatto as " mule" was invented by some racist white ***holes in the mid 18th century,who resented that some of them were richer than them. That's why Mulatto is not offensive in Latin America. It is just a pc idiots in the U.S that think that they know it all,and don't know **** about Spanish Medieval history nor Latin American history."

I'm not saying this UD is the Gospel, just posting this along with MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND UPBRINGING to show how things sometimes get carried away.
I/my family certainly wouldn't be calling each other or using the word to describe ourselves if it was in fact, derogatory.
New Orleans, Louisiana and their caste system Quadroon, Octaroon, Mulatto. Passing for white while somehow denying your African ancestry is the offense. It is the result of racism in America, which would give you more acclaim among whites, suggesting that you are not that Black. Calling yourself mulatto is dog whistle politics. It is like Dominicans suggesting that they are not Black either. This is done just to please White people, making them feel comfortable. As if you have no reason to want to kill them for their atrocities, for what they did to your ancestors.

Since you are not all the way Black, what are you so angry about?!

White racists do it in regard to the Egyptians, claiming that the original Egyptians were not really Black, which they were and are. They are still around.

Calling yourself mulatto should be offensive to even you.

Yeah, last night’s dunk contest was bad. Probably among the worst ever. But I’m still giving the title of THE worst to the contest featuring the “Dunk Wheel” just based on how truly terrible an idea that was.

Yeah, last night’s dunk contest was bad. Probably among the worst ever. But I’m still giving the title of THE worst to the contest featuring the “Dunk Wheel” just based on how truly terrible an idea that was.
:lol:

was that when michael finley did a cart wheel?

We're spoiled.

I mean I didn't see the dunk contest live... Just highlights. But someone actually gave us something new. Someone actually jumped over a person AND put his elbow through the rim and literally no one cares, and some are saying worst contest ever :rofl:

We are just spoiled. We're at the point where 99.999999 of any possible dunk has been done and when someone gives us the other point one percent no one cares or noticed lol

If I'm commissioner I'd put the dunk contest to sleep...after Zion and Ja Morant competes next yr of course.

Last edited:
^^^ I don’t think the problem with the dunk contest is just that we’re spoiled. For me it’s more that there are just way too many missed dunks and other attempt fails. They just kill the vibe/hype in the building and, at least last night, overshadowed the good dunks.

I think they should go back to a bigger field and allowing only one miss.

There are pro and cons to that.

If we allow only one miss a participant, there'd be less misses... But also we'd never see any higher level dunks completed. In order for us to be impressed we need to see the higher level dunks. But the level of difficulty on those dunks are insane and may require several takes. Which goes back to us being spoiled.

Bridges got a 33 and didn’t even complete his dunk. These jusged gotta be for real. Give that man all 1’s. Give mediocre dunks a 35. Save youreself some room for a true 50.

Also, we need stars in the contest. Idgaf about Harmonica Diallo. He could dunk from the 3pt line and I’d still be yawning

The level of difficulty on higher level dunks are insane. It's not enough to be a freak athlete I think you'd have to practice them all day in order to get them on the first try like professional dunkers do.

But if nba players do that then they wouldn't have time to work on the rest of their game.

The standards in 2019 are so high. Kobe in the 90s won the dunk contest with a simple in between the legs dunk. High schoolers can do that dunk in game. Vc's best dunk when he won was his 360 reverse windmill... Now that dunk has been done in game on the high school level too.

The level of difficulty on higher level dunks are insane. It's not enough to be a freak athlete I think you'd have to practice them all day in order to get them on the first try like professional dunkers do.

But if nba players do that then they wouldn't have time to work on the rest of their game.

Not really. Most of these dudes come up with them in a week or less. And the best ones just improvise on the night of.

Not really. Most of these dudes come up with them in a week or less. And the best ones just improvise on the night of.
Lol, no nba player came up with these dunks themselves. They are getting them from professional dunkers footage.

And a week's practice is not enough, they'd have to practice all the time.

That was what Zach Lavine was doing which is why when he competed he didn't need multiple tries for his dunks

Lol, no nba player came up with these dunks themselves. They are getting them from professional dunkers footage.

And a week's practice is not enough, they'd have to practice all the time.

That was what Zach Lavine was doing which is why when he competed he didn't need multiple tries for his dunks

You're wrong

Can the dunk contest. The NBA just doesn't have enough good trick dunkers to have the contest every season. It's why they canned it after 97'. Replace it w/ 1 on 1 contest with All Stars. I'd imagine it'd be much easier to get all stars to sign up for this rather than the dunk contest. Watching NBA All Stars in a King of the Hill tourney >>>>> Fringe NBA guys in the dunk contest.

Even if you couldn't get tier 1 guys to compete in this contest, there's a vast line of recognizable players that would do King of the Hill before we get to the fringe guys that are in the dunk contest

Bring back horse, but make it actually a part of All Star Saturday night

Timed shooting competitions instead of skills challenge

2 ball knockout w/the All Star field would be fun to watch. Imagine Lebron shooting after KD and knocking him out, or something like that.

I think Reggie got shut out in the 4th quarter, but that's not the point.

Ask your friend if pushing MJ to game 7 in the ECF qualifies as "giving hell".

Reggie is terrible on TV but he was GREAT in the playoffs. A lot of these dudes didn't see him play until he was old so they don't get it. His reputation was earned.

Even getting big name players wouldn't save the dunk contest. Big name players are actually focusing on basketball instead of specializing in dunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom