Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mikey should fight a couple guys at WW at least. I don't think he's ready for Spence right away. Should have maybe called out Pacquiao since he's not with Arum/Top Rank at the moment. Or should try to fight Loma or even Jorge Linares when they're ready.

Did Garcia say he wants Spencer next? Or the usual, “ I’m a sit down with my team/promoter and see what the team says.”

^^^ Basically said exactly what I was about to type. Def needs to transition and fight some mid tier guys at 147 to be prepared to fight Spence. I actually want to see him fight lomachenko more. Spence is too skilled and big for him right now.

Spence next fight will be winner of garcia/porter.

I think Mikey knows it's going to be Man Down, he just wants to collect the PPV and Cowboys Stadium gate. The Lomachenko fight is still going to be on the table.

Mikey’s power was anything crazy at 140. Spence walks through him, divisions exist for a reason.

Hopefully dude is just running his mouth.

Mikey’s power was anything crazy at 140. Spence walks through him, divisions exist for a reason.

Hopefully dude is just running his mouth.
I think he's serious but he's doing it for the payday. Who else can he make this kind of money fighting, besides Lomachenko who he will probably also lose to?

I think he's serious but he's doing it for the payday. Who else can he make this kind of money fighting, besides Lomachenko who he will probably also lose to?

Idk that. Mikey is at his best on his backfoot, that fight could look a lot like the Pac-JMM fights in a lot of ways.

Besides the fact that Mikey is Mexican, he's not a big draw. What's that fight do in today's climate? Maybe 200k at the most? GGG-Jacobs did 170, and both the Ward-Kov fights hoverd around like 125 IIRC. And all those guys where attached to HBO, which has a larger subscriber base than SHO.

He'd be better off cleaning out 135 and 140 as much as he can, and waiting on the Loma fight.

The Loma fight is going to be there regardless, but if he gets splatted against Spence, I think it hurts the value of that fight, and delays it even more since the mass needed for a fight against Spence would pretty much guarantee that he'd never fight at 135 again.

I've never really been a big fan of dude so on that level I couldn't care less if he got splattered against Spence, but I hate the fight because it really does nothing for either guy besides make them some money. All that P4P **** goes out the window when one guy is fighting another who is realistically at least two weight classes heavier.

Also sidenote, but :smh: Pitufo is another PR bust. I'm not even Rican and that **** bummed me out man.

I've never really been a big fan of dude so on that level I couldn't care less if he got splattered against Spence, but I hate the fight because it really does nothing for either guy besides make them some money. All that P4P **** goes out the window when one guy is fighting another who is realistically at least two weight classes heavier.

Also sidenote, but :smh: Pitufo is another PR bust. I'm not even Rican and that **** bummed me out man.
He has a fan friendly style and he has flaws, but I didn't think he would lose this soon.

Back
Top Bottom