Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a good fight but it was ridiculous that Ito, a guy with 0 amateur fights, out boxed and bullied him all night in front of a partisan crowd.

Boxing needs more Mikeys and far less loudmouth troubled trash like floyd and broner
And wilder lol

Boxing does NOT need more Mikey Garcia’s.

He’s what’s wrong with the sport imo. Truly talented and great fundamentals, but content with being inactive and doesn’t have his heart in boxing. He comes from a boxing family so it’s naturally ingrained in him, but he doesn’t care like fighters of his ilk normally do.

He talks a big game for the cameras but thinks arguing with promoters or pretending he wants to be a cop instead of actually fighting is gonna win him fans.

Stay at 135 and get clowned by Loma, or put your money where your mouth is and get washed by Spence at WW. Best to go hide at 140.

Robert Easter looks like an Obama mask at the Post-fight conference
Obama1_clipped_rev_1_1024x1024.png

Mikey is still overrated. This dude knows what fighters would give him issues and he stays away from them. Been doing that his entire career.

Bud dogged him in the amateurs and Mikey's wants no parts of him now because he says he'd "run" the entire fight. Ducked Gamboa years ago when Gamboa would've given him fits. Ducked linares for a unification fight and cherry picked a belt at 140 instead and fights trash Robert Easter who could easily have 4 losses when the opportunity comes. Clearly doesn't want to fight lomachenko and makes the excuse of arum not letting lomachenko fight him which is false.

This dude will struggle against any elite fighter with movement and he stays away from those fights. He sees something in Spence's straight forward style that he thinks he can exploit. Plus it's a win win fight because no one will expect him to win and the money will be big

I have doubts that Mikey Garcia can beat Viktor Postol which is why he'd rather avoid the possible embarrassment and lose to Spence instead.

I think in the best case scenario Mikey vs Spence ends up like Bud vs. Gamboa. Little guy puts up a solid effort and eventually gets stopped late. Worst case he gets blasted in the early rounds like Kell Brook. Both fights were pretty damn entertaining for as long as they lasted tho, but either way he’s probably getting stopped. Not the best career move.

And I know technically Mikey vs Loma is the better fight but I’m not gonna lie, I do kinda want to see how that Spence fight would play out just because of the train wreck factor.

spence would wash mikey... dont even know why mikey would want that fight... he would be better off fighting loma which could get him a better payday

I’m still tryin to figure out if Mikey is saying Spence’s name as some kinda negotiation tactic to get some leverage for the Loma fight, or does this dude really think he has a chance.

I think I remember hearing something about how he used to give chino good work in sparring but Spence is a whole different level

can a Garcia v Lomachenko fight really realistic? could that really happen? being Sho v HBO and all...

genuinely curious because if that could happen then a Garcia v Crawford fight could happen and I think prefer to see that fight

i'd rather see Loma v Pac and hopefully Pac can retire after that payday

Garcia does not want to fight Crawford. Not enough reward and Garcia lost to him in the amateurs so he knows what he's up against. Any fight can be made no matter the network and promoter as long as the fighters demand it and the money is there.

really?

seems like it only really happens if the payday is big enough like Pac v Mayweather and GGG v Canelo

really?

seems like it only really happens if the payday is big enough like Pac v Mayweather and GGG v Canelo
That's what I meant when I brought up money. GGG vs Canelo was not hard to make, both have deals with HBO and promoters have no bad blood. The split was the biggest hurdle.

There have been a few Top Rank and Haymon matchups in recent years that were not particularly big. Off the top of my head, Lomachenko vs Russell comes to mind.

That's what I meant when I brought up money. GGG vs Canelo was not hard to make, both have deals with HBO and promoters have no bad blood. The split was the biggest hurdle.

There have been a few Top Rank and Haymon matchups in recent years that were not particularly big. Off the top of my head, Lomachenko vs Russell comes to mind.
I think Loma vs Russell was a purse bid

can a Garcia v Lomachenko fight really realistic? could that really happen? being Sho v HBO and all...

genuinely curious because if that could happen then a Garcia v Crawford fight could happen and I think prefer to see that fight

i'd rather see Loma v Pac and hopefully Pac can retire after that payday

It would be SHO/CBS vs ESPN, and honestly no one really knows that for sure because no one knows about what kind of deal Mikey has with SHO. Mikey's not with Haymon or any Haymon linked promoter. It's why he had no problem openly talking about meeting with Eddie, while all the other guys did it behind closed doors.

If Mikey's deal with SHO is on a fight per fight basis, then in theory there would be no network obstacles to a Loma-Garcia PPV on ESPN. IMO Bob's and Todd DeBuff's beef with Mikey over his exit is going to be the largest hurdle. They are not going to give him that fight until they absolutely have to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom