Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These fake boxing fans in this thread tend to get like this. I remember when Mayweather outclassed PAC and the asians demanded WW3. GGG lost a judged boxing fight. That’s it.

As a Filipino, I was down right embarrassed when that happened. A lot of Filipinos couldn’t except that loss or even understand that pac got outboxed lol

:lol: folks really think GGG is too upset to accept a third fight. Nobody in their right mind is turning down 7 figures.

Dude's gonna be 37 years old, the FULL B side of the fight with ZERO leverage, and has to deal with potential Canelo blood chemistry / Golden Boy judging shenanigans again? If I were him I'd seriously ask if it was worth it. He nearly dropped Canelo in the 10th, and I swear I thought he has Canelo out on his feet for a few moments a round or two before that with a punch that ghosted the kid's eyes, plus he crumpled his knees with an uppercut at the very start of the 11th. He knows he can take Canelo's power and can wait him out and out fight him. Won't say he coulda/shoulda/woulda about this fight, but there's NO way this fight was anything worse than a draw for GGG.

He's now been F'd completely TWICE by the same rogue's gallery. He seems to be pretty responsible with his $$$ and could probably be president of Kazakhstan tomorrow if he wanted to, so if I was him I'd have to wonder if it'd be worth the potential (very likely) screw-job-hat-trick to pocket a very undervalued payday for a third fight against this crook.

Good lord y’all love to complain

wambulance-gif.gif

Dude's gonna be 37 years old, the FULL B side of the fight with ZERO leverage, and has to deal with potential Canelo blood chemistry / Golden Boy judging shenanigans again? If I were him I'd seriously ask if it was worth it. He nearly dropped Canelo in the 10th, and I swear I thought he has Canelo out on his feet for a few moments a round or two before that with a punch that ghosted the kid's eyes, plus he crumpled his knees with an uppercut at the very start of the 11th. He knows he can take Canelo's power and can wait him out and out fight him. Won't say he coulda/shoulda/woulda about this fight, but there's NO way this fight was anything worse than a draw for GGG.

He's now been F'd completely TWICE by the same rogue's gallery. He seems to be pretty responsible with his $$$ and could probably be president of Kazakhstan tomorrow if he wanted to, so if I was him I'd have to wonder if it'd be worth the potential (very likely) screw-job-hat-trick to pocket a very undervalued payday for a third fight against this crook.
Son are you Borat? He was the B side for a reason, he was a hyped up paper champion who only had one competitive matchup before Canelo. He got his *** whooped by Jacobs and I doubt you cried when GGG robbed him.

He does have leverage in the sense that Canelo has nobody else to fight really. Neither of them are going after Charlo, Andrade, Jacobs, Derev, even Saunders is a high risk-low reward fight.

Man i like both. Watched Gennady jab first few rounds while Canelo was banging, before you say he wasn’t landing post a pic of Gennady face at the end of the fight

These fake boxing fans in this thread tend to get like this. I remember when Mayweather outclassed PAC and the asians demanded WW3. GGG lost a judged boxing fight. That’s it.

Are you seriously comparing this fight (and the reaction) to Mayweather-Pac????

giphy.webp

Guess there's a lot of Kazakh "fake" fight fans on NT? :nerd:

Big fights bring out the dumbest ****ing boxing “fans” and that goes for a lot of you in here crying about a “robbery” in a close fight with multiple swing rounds. God damn idiots.

One of the few with some damn sense.

One thing i hate about mega fights is the flock of dip ****s that spew their garbage and disappear 3 days later

He does have leverage in the sense that Canelo has nobody else to fight really. Neither of them are going after Charlo, Andrade, Jacobs, Derev, even Saunders is a high risk-low reward fight.

That's the thing. I have a feeling Canelo's gonna turn around and go back to fighting at Caneloweight again on made-for-PPV fights against a bunch of dehydrated 168s. I don't think he will actually WANT to fight GGG a third time. He should have lost to GGG twice already now. If he fights GGG a third time and actually finally rightfully loses, what... are they gonna fight a FOURTH time when GGG is 38?

That's the thing. I have a feeling Canelo's gonna turn around and go back to fighting at Caneloweight again on made-for-PPV fights against a bunch of dehydrated 168s. I don't think he will actually WANT to fight GGG a third time. He should have lost to GGG twice already now. If he fights GGG a third time and actually finally rightfully loses, what... are they gonna fight a FOURTH time when GGG is 38?
He will be fed to Jaime Munguia to put him over. That's how this sport operates.

I wasn't actively scoring the fight but I felt like 115-113 either way was acceptable. Canelo was the aggressor in those swing rounds that GGG was mostly jabbing, and GGG won his rounds more dominantly.

I'm disappointed in GGG not going to the body again, but not shocked. The majority of these ex-USSR guys love to rely on the jab when they feel some adversity, and none of these guys ever seem natural going to the body, GGG included.

Back
Top Bottom