OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Went into full blown fire sale mode in my money keeper. Getting a ton of draft picks and prospects back for Robertson, Freeman, Pomeranz, Tanaka, and Kyle Seager. Have offers out to trade Zobrist, Familia and Yelich. Will be keeping Trout, Stanton, Boaegartes, Schwarber and probably Gerritt Cole or a prospect. Got Alex Bregman in a deal for Freeman :pimp:

Let me get Sale, Kimbrel and Familia in our league
Nah I have t updated my roster in weeks so that wouldn't be fair

Went into full blown fire sale mode in my money keeper. Getting a ton of draft picks and prospects back for Robertson, Freeman, Pomeranz, Tanaka, and Kyle Seager. Have offers out to trade Zobrist, Familia and Yelich. Will be keeping Trout, Stanton, Boaegartes, Schwarber and probably Gerritt Cole or a prospect. Got Alex Bregman in a deal for Freeman :pimp:

Let me get Sale, Kimbrel and Familia in our league
Nah I have t updated my roster in weeks so that wouldn't be fair

I'm playing you this week and your entire roster for today is OFF :lol:

Should I entertain offers for Yu Darvish? I've had a couple people ask me about him.

I got him in the 16th round this year thanks to his elbow injury. The way our keeper rules are set up, he's keepable for the next 4 years (the max allowed). 16-14-11-8 are the round picks I would lose each year, respectively.

I said I was trying to blow up my squad earlier, but I'm not sure he should be on the block with the value I'll be getting from him over the next 4 years. I was thinking multiple prospects and/or future early round picks if I were to part ways with him. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I'd grab Giles. Miller is too good to not be closer. Plus that haul was big time for him.

Yeah IDK how RotoWire is reporting that Allen could remain in the closing mix :lol: would hate to drop him based off that but it doesn't seem logical.

Man all these 60 hour weeks got my team all messed up. I havent been able to keep up with it. Second straight week tyler anderson has had a nice start on my bench. Gonna take two straight Ls too

My commissioner is slick. He's picked up Harvey and now Story to potentially have them as keepers for next season.

I'm gonna aim to do the same with Schwarber towards the end of the season if I'm out of the playoff hunt.

My commissioner is slick. He's picked up Harvey and now Story to potentially have them as keepers for next season.

I'm gonna aim to do the same with Schwarber towards the end of the season if I'm out of the playoff hunt.
We have a rule in our league that the cutoff for keepable free agent pickups is July 31st. That way there's no slickness involved :lol:. Everyone knows the deadline and picks up guys accordingly.

Last edited:

I been doing that lol. Grabbed Harvey, Pollock and Schwarber in my money keeper.

Owner of the team I'm versing hasn't been setting his lineups b/c of his record :smh: but I'm not even mad. It's helping me big time; I'm up 11-0-1 on him :tongue: .

15-2 in the champions league
Cliched a playoff spot.
giphy.gif

12-0 sweep in this weeks H2H :pimp: jumped up from 5th to 3rd. Gotta keep the pace up.

Last edited:
1-11 last week :smh:. Trying to blow my team up but dudes are sending me BS offers :lol:.

Clinched a playoff berth with a win last week over another 8-8 team. If I didn't win, I'd be facing another win and get in scenario versus a team that was also 8-8 this week, so I'm pretty relieved.

Congrats to everyone who clinched the playoffs and good luck to those who haven't already! 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I'm itching to make a trade :lol: but IDK if I should part ways with Thor, or sit tight since I've been on a nice streak the past few weeks.

Offer: Thor and Jake Lamb
Receive: Machado

Doubt he would even bite but I think that's the best I can offer. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I give: Manny Machado
I get: next year's 4th round pick and Yulieski Gurriel

:nerd:

Stay put. Gurriel is 32 years old and a 4th round pick may be a decent return, but we already know Machado is a stud.

Unless you're not in the playoff race... I'd ask for a 3rd rounder at that point.

Last edited:
I give: Manny Machado
I get: next year's 4th round pick and Yulieski Gurriel

:nerd:

Stay put. Gurriel is 32 years old and a 4th round pick may be a decent return, but we already know Machado is a stud.

Unless you're not in the playoff race... I'd ask for a 3rd rounder at that point.
Yeah I'm currently in 8th place. Have to make up 12 wins in 3 weeks (12 cat league) to make the playoffs. And even if I do make the playoffs, I have no legitimate shot of winning the championship. It's a keeper league and Machado can't be kept next year so I'd rather cut him loose and get something for him while I still can. Gurriel could be quite a bargain at a 20th round pick keeper cost if he lives up to the hype.

Back
Top Bottom