OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Hey All,

Need an opinion, currently have the following keepers.
Gary Sanchez
Trea Turner
Franciso Lindor
Cody Bellinger
I have one more keeper slot left,
Should it be Luis Serverino or Yoan Mocada?
I’m slated to pick 5th in my draft.

Hey All,

Gary Sanchez
Trea Turner
Franciso Lindor
Cody Bellinger

Bias aside, keep Sev.

Hey All,

Gary Sanchez
Trea Turner
Franciso Lindor
Cody Bellinger

Severino, easily.

I'm here for this. I have him as well and leaning towards keeping, despite his push to the OF with Santana being signed.

We're allowed 3 keepers. Leaning Hoskins, Castillo (Reds SP) and Luke Weaver. Therefore I would lost three back-end rounds worth of picks, but IDK if I want to go all young kids when I have the option to keep a guy like LeMahieu, Archer, Keuchel or Gray.

Funny, I am in the same boat kinda. I have to decide to keep Hoskins or Archer as my 5th keeper. Very torn.

Co-worker said he may have a spot in his keeper-auction league. Don't think I'm going to do it tho. $400 entry fee :wow:

Had a live draft yesterday with my friends. 10th round I'm looking at my ranks and I see Khris Davis (Athletics) still there so I pick him. Turns out he was already taken, and instead I got Chris Davis (Orioles) and didn't realize until after the draft was over :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:. Still like my team but that's an awful pick :lol:.

10 team H2H 6x6 categories (OBP/QS). 4 keepers per team.

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 10.40.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 10.20.52 AM.png

Draft Board
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 10.37.05 AM.png

Last edited:
Need some advice, keepers are due in by tomorrow.

We're allowed 3 keepers. Leaning Hoskins, Castillo (Reds SP) and Luke Weaver. Therefore I would lost three back-end rounds worth of picks, but IDK if I want to go all young kids when I have the option to keep a guy like LeMahieu, Archer, Keuchel or Gray.

Thoughts?

What is the round penalty to keep DJ or Archer?

You have to keep Hoskins, he may be a top-50 fantasy producer this year. Although some critics are starting to criticize the sample size and the fact Hoskins' bat came outta nowhere. He wasn't regarded as this type of power hitter as a prospect in the minors. I'm mulling whether some scouts just don't want to admit they were wrong vs. a serious regression after just 50 games. Hoskins did significantly retool his approach at the plate in 2015, so who knows.

Luis Castillo is your second keeper. If only he could receive some run support in Cincy. Reds are probably gonna trot out Homer Bailey as their Opening Day starter, but if it were solely based off merit, Castillo is the future ace of this staff. DeSclafani isn't the worst #2 or #3, but he's dealing with an oblique injury.

Going Luke Weaver with your third and final keeper is a bit too much youth, even though I love advocating for the future. I don't like Weaver more than a healthy Alex Reyes, even with the risks of TJ recovery. I'd seriously contemplate keeping LeMahieu if you were able to snag him outside the top-75 picks last season.

"Sevy." He's likely going to be a top-10 fantasy SP this season. We're all expecting tons of run support because that Yankees lineup is downright absurd. Littered with power top to bottom. Could see Severino winning 17-18 games if he throws over 200 innings on the year.

You could always re-draft Moncada. He showed some flashes in his 50+ games in the majors, but I have some doubt whether he'll ever fulfill those lofty expectations that are often attached to a premium Cuban prospect. There were reports the past two years that Moncada became enamored with the glitzy lifestyle, particularly sports cars. Also had some trouble with disciplined eating habits. Most 20-year-olds may suffer similar problems, but most 20-year-olds also aren't elite athletes near the pinnacle of the sport.

What is the round penalty to keep DJ or Archer?

You have to keep Hoskins, he may be a top-50 fantasy producer this year. Although some critics are starting to criticize the sample size and the fact Hoskins' bat came outta nowhere. He wasn't regarded as this type of power hitter as a prospect in the minors. I'm mulling whether some scouts just don't want to admit they were wrong vs. a serious regression after just 50 games. Hoskins did significantly retool his approach at the plate in 2015, so who knows.

Luis Castillo is your second keeper. If only he could receive some run support in Cincy. Reds are probably gonna trot out Homer Bailey as their Opening Day starter, but if it were solely based off merit, Castillo is the future ace of this staff. DeSclafani isn't the worst #2 or #3, but he's dealing with an oblique injury.

Going Luke Weaver with your third and final keeper is a bit too much youth, even though I love advocating for the future. I don't like Weaver more than a healthy Alex Reyes, even with the risks of TJ recovery. I'd seriously contemplate keeping LeMahieu if you were able to snag him outside the top-75 picks last season.

LeMahieu I drafted Round 6
Archer I drafted Round 4
Dallas I drafted Round 8

Leaning Hoskins, Dallas and Weaver/Castillo, both of which were un-drafted.

Full team, post draft in a deep 16 team keep forever points league. Guys willing to share your thoughts and/or suggestions? 12 annual major league keepers, 4 annual minor league keepers.
My main takeaway is that I could really stand to upgrade bench starting pitching, really everyone after my top 5 starters. Hard to do in a league this deep but will be my #1 priority through FA.

Hitters.png

Pitchers.png

Bench.png

good draft last night fellas tried to get in as many manual drafts as possible

i had to leave during the final rounds damnit

So I submitted my keepers last night:

Keuchel (8th round penalty)
Hoskins (19th round)
I was so torn between Luke Weaver & Luis Castillo. Basically did a coin-flip and kept Weaver (20th round)

Hoping to be able to re-draft Castillo.

So I submitted my keepers last night:

Keuchel (8th round penalty)
Hoskins (19th round)
I was so torn between Luke Weaver & Luis Castillo. Basically did a coin-flip and kept Weaver (20th round)

Hoping to be able to re-draft Castillo.
I like it.

FYI, Castillo went in the 9th round of my 10 team, 40 (total) keeper league.

Prepping for my fantasy draft on Saturday. My keepers are loaded with bats, but I am very concerned about pitching. I won the league last year and sacrificed picks, so my draft pick situation is awful. My picks are:

2nd round (16th overall)
3rd round (27th overall)
3rd round (29th overall)
5th round....and so on.

Any of you guys have any opinions on some sleeper pitchers? Pitchers I can get late?

My keeper bats Carlos Correa, Jose Ramirez, Giancarlo Stanton, Rhys Hoskins and Nelson Cruz.

Thanks in advance guys. Looking forward to opinions.

I like it.

FYI, Castillo went in the 9th round of my 10 team, 40 (total) keeper league.

I'm going to target him around there.

I'm picking 5th. Hoping to grab Stanton, Arenado or Goldy. Tons of talent back in the pool that can't be kept any longer this season. Going to be tough to pass on a pitcher like Scherzer or Kershaw tho :blush: .

Thoughts?

So I can only have two keepers (1 pitcher and 1 hitter) and I kept Chapman as my pitcher. Meanwhile I have Cole, Luis castillo, and Jon Gray as my other notables. Should I keep chap?

So I can only have two keepers (1 pitcher and 1 hitter) and I kept Chapman as my pitcher. Meanwhile I have Cole, Luis castillo, and Jon Gray as my other notables. Should I keep chap?

Without knowing league format, I'd say give back Chap and keep Cole. Chap's K numbers are obviously elite but I don't hold relievers in such high regard in general. Castillo could be great but largely unproven, Gray is very good but COL's air docks him a point. I'd say Cole is the best bet.

Back
Top Bottom