@PRIME
Messi
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#notmygoat

I would have at least gotten Argentina outta group stage

I'm like 90% sure

pLATINum Sound-Off:

-Sad day for me. I honestly thought this Argentina team could go far but the missed Messi penalty really stuck with them through 3 halves.

-I have been an Armani fan all year and he should have started. I knew Caballero was sub par but did not think he would cost us games back to back.

-Messi played his worst game in the Argentina shirt. He played both copa america tournaments with passion but gave up in this world cup after the penalty miss. Numerous times I saw him in the iceland and crotia game walking and not running into space. Getting too desperate in a match is not good but giving up is worse. If his name was not Messi he would have been subbed out on your average team.

-Props to Croatia. Croatia came to play and not to bunker down like Iceland.

-Lastly, I dont hate sampaoli. Players win and lose games. His worst mistake was playing caballero...big mistake. Regardless his players could have scored a penalty last saturday and scored with an open net today.

-Peru’s penalty miss was also its demise. They didnt deserve to beat France but diserved to beat Denmark. Peru should be moving on but hey...life is not fair.

-What Australia lacks in talent they make up in heart and will. A few teams ((cough Argentina)) should take note.

-France doesnt look like an elite team but they are definitely a contender. They seem to have a higher gear than what we have seen. I see them in semis.

Last edited:
I picked Croatia to win Group D and into the semis in our bracket challenge, which is looking better and better by the game.

I really really need that Croatia jersey they wore today with a Modrić nameset. The red letters set that thing off too :nthat:

Getting nervous about this SK/Mex game. Mexico seems to do well against good teams and perform terrible against weaker ones. I just want to win the group in order to avoid Brazil.

Your hate for the true GOAT whos even the goatin your boy Ronaldo’s eyes is quite hilarious to be honest

Don’t get how you can be bias to someone and call them the GOAT when they are literally tied in every way to Messi.
Just my 2 cents

Where is Messi tied with Ronaldo for international tournaments?

Where is Messi tied with Ronaldo in CL goals?

European goals?

Club World Cup?

Are they gonna be tied for ballon d'ors when Cristiano wins another one this year?

Back to back CL? 3-peat?

Ballon d'or and CL on 2 different teams in 2 different countries?

Why your goat even bother showing up to the world cup?

Last edited:
Cl^^^ wise messi has proven to be much better, he’s been a threat to Ronaldo everytime they go on the field
http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Yeah it’s kind of stupid to be quoting Wikipedia for this but they do kind of prove my point
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messi–Ronaldo_rivalry

While Messi hasn’t had a 3peat like Ronaldo he as a player outperformed Ronaldo by a good margin in those years
Ballon d’or - both have 5 hand in hand with each other, teams don’t matter with that
Messi single handedly won the qualifiers for Argentina , your right they wouldn’t be in the World Cup , but they wouldn’t if Messi hadn’t stepped in
Ronaldo never made it to the finals of the World Cup while Messi would have won the last one if Higuaín had not ****ed up in the first 10 mins

As far as this World Cup, aside from the penalty miss from Messi, his whole team has been benchwarmers . One guy can’t do it all

Messi = Ronaldo

Cl^^^ wise messi has proven to be much better, he’s been a threat to Ronaldo everytime they go on the field
http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Yeah it’s kind of stupid to be quoting Wikipedia for this but they do kind of prove my point
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messi–Ronaldo_rivalry

While Messi hasn’t had a 3peat like Ronaldo he as a player outperformed Ronaldo by a good margin in those years
Ballon d’or - both have 5 hand in hand with each other, teams don’t matter with that
Messi single handedly won the qualifiers for Argentina , your right they wouldn’t be in the World Cup , but they wouldn’t if Messi hadn’t stepped in
Ronaldo never made it to the finals of the World Cup while Messi would have won the last one if Higuaín had not ****ed up in the first 10 mins

As far as this World Cup, aside from the penalty miss from Messi, his whole team has been benchwarmers . One guy can’t do it all

Messi = Ronaldo
You didn't even provide a single objective counter argument

I listed all facts.

Ronaldo > Messi

How Messi outplay Ronaldo during the 3peat CL and Ballon d'or?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_top_scorers

Only reason why Messi is La Liga top scorer is cause Ronaldo played in the Prem

Last edited:
You didn't even provide a single objective counter argument

I listed all facts.

Ronaldo > Messi
Overall, Messi has a total of 44 individual awards, 2 more than the Ronaldo
Messi has also won the Golden ball last World Cup ,
Plus Messi won 4 consecutive ballon d’ors straight

Overall, Messi has a total of 44 individual awards, 2 more than the Ronaldo
Messi has also won the Golden ball last World Cup ,
Plus Messi won 4 consecutive ballon d’ors straight
It's important to list which awards, not all awards are equal.

Ronaldo is on pace to win the Golden ball this years world cup

Ronaldo has the 2nd most goals for country of all time. Messi isn't even in the top 20.

It can be argued one of Messi's ballon d'ors should have gone to Ronaldo

They've awarded Ballon d'or to Messi when he had better team accomplishments, and Ronaldo had better individual performance, and then switched it up when when messi had better individual performance and Ronaldo had better club accomplishments

Doesn't matter, Ronaldo will have more after this year

Back
Top Bottom