Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s layers to this one. Trevor Bauer is an example of why character matters when pursing guys. Different sport, but the Raiders 2020 first round draft picks are another example.

Bauer had a history of character issues and poor judgment going way back to 2016 when he decided to play with drones and **** his finger up on his pitching hand right before a big start in the ALCS.

It’s one thing to sign someone like him on a no risk, high reward type deal where there’s no real reprecussions if he screws up. But to give someone with his history $40 million a year. No matter how talented he is. Too many red flags.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the players in the clubhouse don’t rock with him. Especially with it being a veteran team with alot of those guys playing together for years. Then the new guy comes in making more than everyone else and ****s up barely 3 months into the season. If he comes back, they’re going to resolve all that within the clubhouse given all the inconveniences his foolishness caused the organization.

For the record, I don’t want Bauer’s career to end over this, I just don’t want him as a Dodger. cedric ceballos cedric ceballos had some great points, man came in with some red flags and has more now. Dodgers have been in that upper echelon of perennial contenders and don’t need that distraction. Clubhouse has also been reported as not wanting to rock with him so that’s that.

1644377472187.gif

He makes some really good points...

But same time you don't feel anything for him.

Just let him play and hopefully he doesn't pick up the next option.

Last edited:
That’s a slippery slope. It’s still only “allegations” at the moment. It’s not like Pablo Ozuna where the cops walked in on him choking his wife.

I get it, you have to take precaution (and MLB wants to super careful about perception/negative media coverage). But if they’re quick to suspend everybody based on “allegations” without any priors or previous history, what stops Accuser A to accuse star pitcher/MVP the week of World Series and now he has to sit out the World Series over “accusations”

Not saying he’s innocent, but you’ve got to let the legal side play out, especially if there’s no prior history of said act(s)
I said this back in July when he initially got suspended.

And 7 months later, it was all “accusations”

I am not defending anything he did or alleged he did. I’m just bringing up the point of how allegations can ruin your career over somebody wanting some clout/money. Clearly it ****ed up dodger plans so they had to go out and trade for Turner/scherzer. That wouldn’t of happened if Bauer and these allegations didn’t happen.

He’s still on the hook for 2 more years. Luckily it’s only 2, and not 8-10. He deserves to play but let’s see what cloud of bad press follows him and the team, and the media trying to ask his teammates questions that could turn into teammates vs Bauer.

I respect everyone's opinion and I definitely won't stop watching/rooting for the team if Bauer actually plays haha. Personally it would just be disappointing. Anyways, MLB needs to get it together because if we lose games then whatever momentum has been gained in the past 2-3 years will be lost. They cannot botch this, especially with so many amazing young players and a once in century talent that transcends the damn sport...

They should’ve did it at some point in 2021. Way too much roster turnover on the Dodgers and especially the Lakers from those 2020 squads to do a parade at this point.

I believe he also said the Yankees the other day too. They need clicks and talking points until these labor negotiations are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom