Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of these moneyball nerds. For some reason they saw something in Hatcher, Peralta, and Johnson... probably their K/9 quotient divided by Mc2. They've all bombed.

Meanwhile they're spending 80m on non-rostered players when Andrew Miller would've been a life changing signing at this point.

Wish I beat more nerds up in high school.

Tired of these moneyball nerds. For some reason they saw something in Hatcher, Peralta, and Johnson... probably their K/9 quotient divided by Mc2. They've all bombed.

Meanwhile they're spending 80m on non-rostered players when Andrew Miller would've been a life changing signing at this point.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Walker is hitting .275/.333/.447 against right-handed pitchers this season, and just .254/.309/.317 against left-handers, and J.P. Howell was warming up during the inning.

Howell was not brought in, presumably with manager Don Mattingly expecting his new setup man to be able to get such an out.

Johnson got an out, but it was a sacrifice fly to left that tied the score at 5-5.

Then Johnson remained in the game and walked the left-handed Gregory Polanco to load the bases.

Then Starling Marte hit a 75-foot single up the third base line to give the Pirates the lead.

Johnson remained in the game and allowed singles to Andrew McCutchen and Aramis Ramirez to give Pittsburgh a 9-5 advantage.

Decisions like these is why I don't trust Donnie at all, stays with his dumbfounded confused look.

I'm not saying JP Howell could have done any better because the whole bullpen has been less than servicable, but managerial decisions like these are ones that will kill us in the post-season.

It is no longer an elephant in the room, this was watched on a national telecast pretty much on prime time. :lol:

Walker is hitting .275/.333/.447 against right-handed pitchers this season, and just .254/.309/.317 against left-handers, and J.P. Howell was warming up during the inning.

Howell was not brought in, presumably with manager Don Mattingly expecting his new setup man to be able to get such an out.

Johnson got an out, but it was a sacrifice fly to left that tied the score at 5-5.

Then Johnson remained in the game and walked the left-handed Gregory Polanco to load the bases.

Then Starling Marte hit a 75-foot single up the third base line to give the Pirates the lead.

Johnson remained in the game and allowed singles to Andrew McCutchen and Aramis Ramirez to give Pittsburgh a 9-5 advantage.

Decisions like these is why I don't trust Donnie at all, stays with his dumbfounded confused look.

I'm not saying JP Howell could have done any better because the whole bullpen has been less than servicable, but managerial decisions like these are ones that will kill us in the post-season.

It is no longer an elephant in the room, this was watched on a national telecast pretty much on prime time. :lol:
It was obvious after the first two hits Johnson had nothing. Mattingly was pathetic last night leaving him in that long.

You're better off having all that dead money off the roster than having it on the roster. End of the day you still don't get Andrew Miller and you're shuffling Brandon League from the 15 day DL to the 60 day DL so he doesn't touch the mound...ever...again.

It's year 1 of the nerds, they've clensed the roster, people crapping on Donnie are the same ones that were saying he deserved the extension he got after the playoff run where he called Ned's bluff and won.

I don't think Donnie is the long term solution, timing of Joe Maddon was just bad, Dodgers could've made a play but less politics in Chicago.

The lack of bullpen is going to make it a short playoff run, since I doubt anyone in the division actually wants the title... including the Dodgers :smile:lol... :/)

Not gonna tolerate another season of Mattingly :lol: they had better send him packing this offseason.

Anderson didnt have it tonight, every pitch he threw was a ball, fell behind every hitter.

The team wasnt ready, werent paying attention to the runners, bad defense, just not ready.

And to see anderson struggling no one came to the mound to settle him down until it was TOO late, dumb n dumber honeycutt n mattingly.

The boys swinging on the first pitch they see, had a runner on 3rd with 1 out came up empty.

Pereza has dat speed man, a triple off that misplay by harper could see him as an eventual lead off hitter he does not strike out much.

That was a AAA lineup so can't get too bent about the loss 
laugh.gif
 And this is the 1st time since 2013 they've lost 4 straight. So I guess that's 1 positive. 
grin.gif

Kendrick on the DL. Turner out a few more days, hopefully. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom