Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if the DH ends up in the NL pretty soon, which would create a spot for Puig.

Also, he makes $2M per year thru '15. There would be plenty of ABs for him backing up all 3 OF positions, plus the inevitable 15 day DL trip for one of the OFs.

My guess is that the real question will be do you trade Puig for Giancarlo

Can't see the DH coming to the NL, there was an article on espn about this, takes away from
coaching strategy

I know puig is supposed to be good and all..
But Giancarlo? Stanton? He's a stud

Can't see the DH coming to the NL, there was an article on espn about this, takes away from
coaching strategy

I know puig is supposed to be good and all..
But Giancarlo? Stanton? He's a stud

Just tuned in to the Fish/Braves game, it's OD in MIA (the fans being MIA as well :nerd: )

They announced Silverio, seeing him come out in that uni irked the crap out of me :smh:

I've been wrong about a lot of farm hands admittedly (looking at you Chuck Tiffany, Derek Thompson, Andrew Lambo etc, etc, etc) but this one...

Sup everyone!

Never thought to look for this thread on here so glad I found it.

I've been impressed with Carl Crawford early. If we can get half the other bats going like him, it's going to be crucial cause the pitching is going to keep us in most games.

One question I did want to ask is that: Am I the only one that isn't sold on Josh Beckett? 

Donnie just got bailed out.
laugh.gif

2-2

I wouldn't be surprised if the DH ends up in the NL pretty soon, which would create a spot for Puig.

Also, he makes $2M per year thru '15. There would be plenty of ABs for him backing up all 3 OF positions, plus the inevitable 15 day DL trip for one of the OFs.

My guess is that the real question will be do you trade Puig for Giancarlo

I don't see the DH being adopted by the NL, and if it somehow happens, I don't see it happening soon enough for the Dodgers to take advantage of their overloaded OF situation.

Just tuned in to the Fish/Braves game, it's OD in MIA (the fans being MIA as well :nerd: )

They announced Silverio, seeing him come out in that uni irked the crap out of me :smh:

I've been wrong about a lot of farm hands admittedly (looking at you Chuck Tiffany, Derek Thompson, Andrew Lambo etc, etc, etc) but this one...

You were really bent about Tiffany :lol: . I don't have qualms with trading prospects because at the moment that is all they are, a crapshoot, a load of potential, a major gamble. If you are going to trade them be smart about it. Colletti either gets fleeced (Santana) or trades prospects when their value is at rock bottom (DeWitt, La Roche, McDonald).

MY LORD. What is Juan Uribe doing hitting 5th.

Padres started a lefty, I'm sure Donnie didn't want Gonzales and Ethier batting back to back even though both are hitting lefties fairly well early. He's a Torre disciple, not shocked. In defense that would be Hanley sandwiched between Gonzo and Ethier but Uribe is the best option considering Sellers is starting and the bench is lacking anything close to power.

Correct me if I'm wrong Iron Man but aren't the giveaways 100% funded by the Sponsor??

What a pitching gem of a series.

It's a part of their overall sponsorship agreement and it isn't 100% funded by the sponsor. If you ever compare our giveaways to other teams, pay attention how the Dodgers limit the size and placement of the sponsors logo. The organization would rather eat some of the cost and keep the giveaway classy. On bobbleheads they only allow the logo to be placed on the box, and nowhere on the bobblehead. Sponsors have tried to pay the total cost to have their logo be a part of the bobblehead, the Dodgers have declined. (It goes back to the O'Malley days)

Example:

View media item 357295
View media item 357300
No Dodger bobblehead has a sponsors logo on it. Just an example. So yes, ownership is putting money into the "fan experience" which includes giveaways... people love free ****. :lol:

Back to the game...

Padres getting some timely hitting, can't say the same for the boys. Hope Kemp breaks out of his funk, he's killing us right now.

Oh, Stanton for Puig... straight up... I'll pull that trigger with no hesitation. Stanton is what we are hoping Puig becomes one day. Relatively the same age and at this point Stanton is cheaper. **** I'll even do an Ethier/Puig/Cash for Stanton deal... like yesterday.

Last edited:
is this based on anything or you just saying it won't happen because you don't think it will?
The Senior Circuit prides itself on tradition and the idea of a DH is inconceivable. I personally am not a fan of the DH & don't think it will ever be implemented in the NL. If you are in favor of it coming to the NL just know the decision makers that could make it happen have expressed they have no desire to.

Doyers... 1 for 9 with RISP. Hope this gets rectified soon, can't use Hanley as an excuse for this paltry stat.

Kemp is struggling. They need to find a team to dump Guerrier and Uribe. Two more busts in Colletti's "Poor Signing HOF"... next bust... Brandon League. Like the guy, may have a good year, but no way he lives up to that three year contract Colletti likes to give out.

Damn, Gonzo needs to scoop that, Punto made a great play on that ball.

****!

Punto went all out on that ball, Gonzo gotta get that.

This game got ugly real quick.

The Senior Circuit prides itself on tradition and the idea of a DH is inconceivable. I personally am not a fan of the DH & don't think it will ever be implemented in the NL. If you are in favor of it coming to the NL just know the decision makers that could make it happen have expressed they have no desire to.

Right but now with interleague on every day of the year they're going to have to address the obvious inequalities in the different sets of rules. A bunch of national baseball writers have been writing about this lately, I'm not just coming up with this on my own btw.

Right but now with interleague on every day of the year they're going to have to address the obvious inequalities in the different sets of rules. A bunch of national baseball writers have been writing about this lately, I'm not just coming up with this on my own btw.
I am aware it's being discussed by writers a lot as of late, but the Owners of the NL clubs will never approve it if it were to be put to a vote.

Doyers... 1 for 9 with RISP. Hope this gets rectified soon, can't use Hanley as an excuse for this paltry stat.

Kemp is struggling. They need to find a team to dump Guerrier and Uribe. Two more busts in Colletti's "Poor Signing HOF"... next bust... Brandon League. Like the guy, may have a good year, but no way he lives up to that three year contract Colletti likes to give out.

Damn, Gonzo needs to scoop that, Punto made a great play on that ball.
The RISP stat has been haunting all season so far. I only got to see innings 2-3 and 7-9 last night. Looks like middle relief really did us in?

I can't stand Guerrier, but he only contributed to the maddness in that horrible inning. At least is was Petco's home opener. I don't expect the place to be packed tonight. We need to roll them next 2.

And yeah, Punto made a KILLER play on that ball. Gonzo has to scoop that.

Good to see Bills back pitching for us today. Hopefully he has a solid return to the mound. I can't stand having Beckett in the rotation. :smh:

Watched the game yesterday... no comment. Kemp needs to get out of this slump fast, I saw he ain't even hitting .100 yesterday, until he hit that double. Oh well, hopefully this can get righted soon. That tree in the front yard be calling me.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Bills needs to come through tonight!

Btw is James Loney still in the majors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom