Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also im surprised Chip Engelland hasn’t been bought out yet.

I thought a team would just throw him the bag by now.

Such a weird thing to get combative about.

Yet you mentioned me to get my attention that the discussion was going on.

Pick a side. Stop trying to stir stuff up.

Your reciepts post are hilarious and its good that someone has time to keep track of the nihilism on NT, but you're an instigator. Relax bro.

Heh

Gotta feel some type of way when his boy just got 160 Ms and he'll be lucky to get half of that.

he had a little mini-rivalry with Booker for a minute there when D'lo was in LA (even though they're friends). Not much of a rivalry anymore. Booker got that max and D'lo is about to get a 4 year/50m deal.

He strikes me as the type to 'bet on himself' and play for the QO and become a UFA

Is this guy Joanne the scammer or something? Lot of noise about him lately.

It's because he's one of the trainers who's found celebrity thanks to the internet and social media...thus making him a bigger target for both fans and critics.

Chris Brickley is another one. That's the dude who had everyone hooping in that Manhattan Lifetime gym last summer. They're able to use these digital tools to increase their "allure". So if you've been in the business of training for years and see dudes like them becoming "famous"...you probably feel some type of way.

My man Chris Matthews (@LethalShooter) is another one on the rise.

Yet you mentioned me to get my attention that the discussion was going on.

Pick a side. Stop trying to stir stuff up.

Your reciepts post are hilarious and its good that someone has time to keep track of the nihilism on NT, but you're an instigator. Relax bro.

Its a good conversation. I only know of like 3 NBA skills trainers so seeing peoples opinion on certain trainers is a different conversation than the normal topics in here. I just don't know why you dislike hanlen so much other than Clarkson and Oubre not improving under him.

Lakers definitively won the D'lo trade. There is no question now. The trade was Mozgov and D'lo for 1st Round Pick (#27).

That pick became Kyle Kuzma, unloading Mozgov allowed us the have the cap space to sign Lebron and the Nets are about to either giv D'lo the bag or he'll walk away.

Dlo needs to bet on himself.
4/50 seems fair but he came of his worst year last year he can do better

Pistons top 5 in the East this year???....

hmmmmmmmm??

This has got to be Stanley Johnson last year to prove something....or he will be out the league soon.

Is he really that nice? What's he known for other than fixing kawhi's shot?
Parker and Kawhi are the most famous guys.
The spurs always shoot well from deep.

Im hoping he switches teams he usually hooks my dad up when he watches the spurs.

:lol: @ Pelinka saying he, Magic and Lebron thought "trying to play the Warriors at their own game is a trap." Mentioned how they want to add defense, toughness and depth.

I've been singing this tune since 2014.

What magic and pelinka are saying might make sense if they didnt sign a bunch of nut jobs like Lance, McGee, KCP, and Rondo. Lance, rondo, and KCP all had one of the worst defensive ratings of their careers last year.

Its a good conversation. I only know of like 3 NBA skills trainers so seeing peoples opinion on certain trainers is a different conversation than the normal topics in here. I just don't know why you dislike hanlen so much other than Clarkson and Oubre not improving under him.

I think I initially brought him up because someone was giving the man far too much credit. I was privy to some information about him as far as him not being too well liked by people in the basketball community.

A few people here on NT with absolutely 0 context or knowledge of that world felt the need to chime in to remind everyone that in the same way that everyone has a rectum, they have opinions too.

So it turned into "Well I'm not just gonna let this Byle Buzma guy state facts without me getting my baseless support for someone I don't even know in".

I think the only weird thing about it is that I actually have facts and the people that feel the need to dispute these facts have absolutely no idea what they're talking about and use the nebulous eye test to gauge whether hanlen is effective or not. Then they proceed to arbitrarily attribute player improvement/success to Hanlen.

None of that makes any sense to me. So in a way, you're right that its an odd thing to be combative about considering that the people supporting Hanlen aren't aware of the ways in which the dude is problematic.

Last edited:
Lakers definitively won the D'lo trade. There is no question now. The trade was Mozgov and D'lo for 1st Round Pick (#27).

That pick became Kyle Kuzma, unloading Mozgov allowed us the have the cap space to sign Lebron and the Nets are about to either giv D'lo the bag or he'll walk away.

Oh

It's because he's one of the trainers who's found celebrity thanks to the internet and social media...thus making him a bigger target for both fans and critics.

Chris Brickley is another one. That's the dude who had everyone hooping in that Manhattan Lifetime gym last summer. They're able to use these digital tools to increase their "allure". So if you've been in the business of training for years and see dudes like them becoming "famous"...you probably feel some type of way.

My man Chris Matthews (@LethalShooter) is another one on the rise.

This is accurate but also a bit reductive.

The reason that there is criticism of these dudes is a bit more detailed than that. But it's already been discussed to exhaustion here at this point.

What magic and pelinka are saying might make sense if they didnt sign a bunch of nut jobs like Lance, McGee, KCP, and Rondo. Lance, rondo, and KCP all had one of the worst defensive ratings of their careers last year.

What I've learned as a Grizz fan is to be careful on judging a player off prior circumstances. Players are always in situations that may not bring the best out of them.

Different environment/culture means a chance at better opportunity. Outside of Javale who is who he is, I think most of those guys have the ability to be better. For the most part, you want those guys around come playoff time. Rondo still takes it to another level in the playoffs. Not saying they about to be Warrior killers :lol: , I just agree with the statement. You're not beating the Warriors trying to put up 110-120 points. CLE didn't stand a chance against Golden State because their defense sucked last year.

You have an elite defensive team with Lebron and a few other guys capable of scoring the ball, you give yourself a CHANCE.

Why would Russell get the max now? He missed more than half of last season and he hasn't proved what Booker has proven yet.

He's gotta show something this season

He doesn't deserve the max but the Nets might have to give him a 5 year/100m type deal. He's still young and a budding superstar, right? Injuries and limited minutes are the only thing holding him back from reaching his potential, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom