Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zion could go to the NBA tomorrow and be in the top tier of athletes.

If he could become just an average perimeter player, his ceiling is the roof.

I want him setting screens and catching lobs like Blake was his rookie year. If he’s a league average 3 point shooter he should eat in close outs.

I just stepped foot in here and see Zion the next Blake comparison already >D
At least someone pointed out Blakes a far better shooter. As mentioned earlier, if Zion gets a midrange he's gonna really
be a video game character
I don't think ANYONE is comparing current Zion to CURRENT Blake.

Rookie Year Blake has been mentioned more than once.

Im enjoying these NBA tv old playoff games.they’re showing the nuggets warriors series.

Andre Miller is amazing
Wilson chandler was once a really good role player.
Ty Lawson was really good.
Bogut was hella dirty but effective.
Steph has really improved.

How Good Was John Stockton? : https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1738568

I see they have the same issue as over here. Read first few replies LOL

Glorified Lonzo Ball

Hey! Stockton, in his rookie year, at age 22 averaged 5 and 5 on 47% shooting. Don’t count out ‘Zo yet.

Poor man's T.J. McConnell at best. He's lucky he produced a phenom in his son David so that the Stockton name will have another chance at credibility among point guards.

He’s the Jerry West of that era

Andre Miller was crafty as they come man, not super athletic or quick but he got the job done. Stockton, isn't he the all time assists leader? Who ever bashed him ?!

Andre Miller was crafty as they come man, not super athletic or quick but he got the job done. Stockton, isn't he the all time assists leader? Who ever bashed him ?!

Millennials because he wasn’t jacked and athletic Russ or scorer like Steph.

Except no one bashed Stockton

No one bashed Stockton when he played or on NT (that I can recollect) but folks are really going in on ‘ole boy in that thread DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican . Obviously there were the satire posts but folks were using legit analytical data and juxtapositions to the modern era to discredit him.

To be clear - I am not of that school of thought. I think what he did is insane. He played 82 games in his 20th season and played all 82 in 16/20 seasons :wow: :wow: :wow: . As much as people use his frame to downplay how he’d fare in today’s game, you have to think how some of the folks who would be his contemporaries have held up over TIME
C67F6246-DEAF-48DC-9221-07B695370FCB.gif

#NotOneOfMyTop3GPGOAT

Edit: Matter of fact, the same way Steph is a scrawny, unsuspecting dude giving CP3 fits, I see Prime Stockton doing the same thing and it REALLY getting under his skin. He’s mad about a light skin cat getting the love and shine over him and the best of him. But a frail white boy who is willing to play as dirty at him and even better at it with none of the hate and all of the praise?!??
00CD5702-F6B1-4D9A-BD22-2C30E24C44A1.gif

Last edited:
Im enjoying these NBA tv old playoff games.they’re showing the nuggets warriors series.

Andre Miller is amazing
Wilson chandler was once a really good role player.
Ty Lawson was really good.
Bogut was hella dirty but effective.
Steph has really improved.

Remember it vividly :smh:. Iggy switched sides. George Karl got fired, and Ty Lawson was never the same after Steph torched us that series :lol:. Shorty was beating 56 win teams in the West at 23 years old.....

And you got fools out here thinking he can’t lead an average team to the playoffs :lol:.

No one bashed Stockton when he played or on NT (that I can recollect) but folks are really going in on ‘ole boy in that thread DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican . Obviously there were the satire posts but folks were using legit analytical data and juxtapositions to the modern era to discredit him.

To be clear - I am not of that school of thought. I think what he did is insane. He played 82 games in his 20th season and played all 82 in 16/20 seasons :wow: :wow: :wow: . As much as people use his frame to downplay how he’d fare in today’s game, you have to think how some of the folks who would be his contemporaries have held up over TIME
C67F6246-DEAF-48DC-9221-07B695370FCB.gif

#NotOneOfMyTop3GPGOAT

Edit: Matter of fact, the same way Steph is a scrawny, unsuspecting dude giving CP3 fits, I see Prime Stockton doing the same thing and it REALLY getting under his skin. He’s mad about a light skin cat getting the love and shine over him and the best of him. But a frail white boy who is willing to play as dirty at him and even better at it with none of the hate and all of the praise?!??
00CD5702-F6B1-4D9A-BD22-2C30E24C44A1.gif
The general commentary on Stockton while he was playing was that he played a bit "dirty". At the time the praise was going to several other players. He just plain flew under the radar for what he was accomplishing.

Stockton set more illegal screens than KG.

His level of efficiency is what stood out the most to me.

Shooting 50%+ from the field as a "slow and unathletic" white dude, amazing

Whenever I shoot a right handed layup on the left hand side, I think of him

Except Steph doesn’t individually kill CP3 like y’all for some reason think he does.
Who even started that narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom