Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They pay rent to play 41 games at staples.

They are the third tennant on the lease behind the Lakers and Kings, meaning their schedule gets less priority and hence their super undesirable Saturday @ 12PM games throughout the season.

The Clippers don't even get concession sales profit at their 41 home games. They don't get parking profit either. They're in a horrible situation at Staples Center with no leverage.

The Seahawks are doing better in Seattle than the Chargers are doing in LA.

Don't let market size fool you into thinking that a move to seattle wouldn't be much more profitable for the franchise.
Bro, the Clippers pay ridiculously low rent to play at staples. It’s like the friendliest deal in sports.
And yes, market size is EVERYTHING. Move to Seattle and their value dips tremendously.

Buc em trying his best to actually get inside info like me
giphy.gif

Bro, the Clippers pay ridiculously low rent to play at staples. It’s like the friendliest deal in sports.
And yes, market size is EVERYTHING. Move to Seattle and their value dips tremendously.

So you don't understand the disadvantage of being a tenant vs owning the building you play in?

I just spelled out the money they're missing out on by not owning the building and all you can come back with is "their leaase is cheap".

So what?

Sterling set them up in a raw deal at Staples compared to the one the Lakers and Kings got.

The Clippers could make a lot more money in their own arena. That's why Ballmer was looking into building in Inglewood but as of right now it doesn't look like that is realistic.

Once the arena issue is resolved in Seattle thats an outstanding option for them as opposed to always being 3rd or 4th in a saturated LA market.

If you're the most popular team in Los Angeles, then of course you don't relocate to seattle. If you're 3rd or 4th why scrape the ground for crumbs when you can have prime rib up North in a city where the team's owner is loved and respected??

Last edited:
Popovich, teammates, whole Spurs organizations are scumbags for trying to rush this man back from injury. Never question a man about his health. Kawhi also went through losing his father to murder so, you know this guys been through adversity.

He’s built differently. The Spurs blew it. Pop and the organization poked the bear too much. I’m a Spurs fan and, the fans should be upset at the team and staff. Not Kawhi. They ruined it.

The guy’s been injured most of his Spurs career and sure he himself is tired of being injured. That quad injury probably frustrated the heck out of him.

Then, you got idiots like Tony Parker talking sideways about the man. Deal with it.

If this was a trash organization like the Kings or Knicks, I might agree with you. But this is the Spurs, who always handle everything correctly. So I don’t see how the repeatedly poked the bear.

I believe they gave him plenty of time to come back. Then he was cleared and refused to play. And they permitted him to go seek a second opinion/treatment.

Tony Parker is qualified to comment on his teammate. He’s far more in the know than any of us.

Kawhi is coming off like a diva. Then he demands to be traded to one team and one team only? Give me a break.

I'm pretty sure the Clippers are a top 10 team in the league in terms of value.
Look how sorry the Knicks and Lakers have been recently and they're still the most valuable.
Hell even the Nets arent worthless. Location does still matter in the NBA.
There's no guarantee that they would gain or even retain their current value if they moved to Seattle.
Obviously the ideal situation is to have their own arena while remaining in LA.

:lol: I got on the monorail at the airport to go to baggage claim and Kevin Ollie and some Wolves assistant coach walk on and grab the same pole as me...so naturally I’m just like “Kevin Ollie?” and that’s how that conversation started :lol:

I had seen Brendan Haywood in first class on my flight from Charlotte so I knew he was there but then this man comes up and stands right beside me while I’m waiting for my bag...so same ****, I just looked up and said “Brendan Haywood?”

:lol:
I had seen Brendan Haywood in first class on my flight from Charlotte so I knew he was there but then this man comes up and stands right beside me while I’m waiting for my bag...so same ****, I just looked up and said “Brendan Haywood?”

NT’ers getting to it :pimp:

Never mad at a lor humble brag :lol:!!!

If this was a trash organization like the Kings or Knicks, I might agree with you. But this is the Spurs, who always handle everything correctly. So I don’t see how the repeatedly poked the bear.

I believe they gave him plenty of time to come back. Then he was cleared and refused to play. And they permitted him to go seek a second opinion/treatment.

Tony Parker is qualified to comment on his teammate. He’s far more in the know than any of us.

Kawhi is coming off like a diva. Then he demands to be traded to one team and one team only? Give me a break.

That Tony Parker line was totally taken out of context. He was actually being positive towards Kawhi if you watch the whole thing.

So you don't understand the disadvantage of being a tenant vs owning the building you play in?

I just spelled out the money they're missing out on by not owning the building and all you can come back with is "their leaase is cheap".

Relative to what?

Sterling set them up in a raw deal at Staples compared to the one the Lakers and Kings got.

The Clippers could make a lot more money in their own arena. That's why Ballmer was looking into building in Inglewood but as of right now it doesn't look like that is realistic.

Once the arena issue is resolved in Seattle thats an outstanding option for them as opposed to always being 3rd or 4th in a saturated LA market.

If you're the most popular team in Los Angeles, then of course you don't relocate to seattle. If you're 3rd or 4th why scrape the ground for crumbs when you can have prime rib up North in a city where the team's owner is loved and respected??
Which is why ballmer overpaid to get his own stadium in LA, not to move it to a smaller market.

One thing I will say is Seattle needs a team. I actually have Seattle shorts on now. Had to get a hoop in
DBEE20B2-0980-40A4-A2F6-ED9A36858988.jpeg

Which is why ballmer overpaid to get his own stadium in LA, not to move it to a smaller market.

One thing I will say is Seattle needs a team. I actually have Seattle shorts on now. Had to get a hoop in
DBEE20B2-0980-40A4-A2F6-ED9A36858988.jpeg

He overpaid to get the team. The stadium was never a guarantee.

I was thinking the same thing. The Spurs are one of the best ran organizations in professional sports. As much as I’d love the Lakers to get Kawhi. It’s a red flag what’s going on with his situation with the Spurs. Who is to say that if he’s not happy in LA that he doesn’t try to force his way out of there as well.

Would be nice to have him, but giving up way too much considering these circumstances doesn’t make sense to me.

They pay rent to play 41 games at staples.

They are the third tennant on the lease behind the Lakers and Kings, meaning their schedule gets less priority and hence their super undesirable Saturday @ 12PM games throughout the season.

The Clippers don't even get concession sales profit at their 41 home games. They don't get parking profit either. They're in a horrible situation at Staples Center with no leverage.

Oh and the Clippers can't secure a lucrative local TV deal because the market in LA is already saturated and they don't field a competitive team on the level of the Dodgers, Lakers or Kings (Lakers TV deal was secured during the Kobe era).

The Seahawks are doing better in Seattle than the Chargers are doing in LA.

Don't let market size fool you into thinking that a move to seattle wouldn't be much more profitable for the franchise.

their tv deal is one of the better ones in the NBA tho, Lakers deal is just ridiculous.

Brendan Haywood and Kevin Ollie just told me at the Vegas airport that the Sixers are going to get Kawhi...so **** Niketalk’s thoughts
yea um so why hasnt it happened yet?

should be nothing holding that up if it was certain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom