• July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
CB9BA2B0-8CE0-4CFD-8B9E-7F69452A15CC.png

when you got an ace like that available you have to go all out... kluber is so much better than any of the free agent pitchers... yanks have to try to and snag him from cleveland... starting pitching is the biggest need for this team instead of manny or bryce

Mlbteaderumors has Harper signing 14year-$420mil with Dodgers. Machado 13year-$390mil with the Phillies.

So many years.

Still would give a pursuit of Harper. If there’s an opt out, and he takes it, you let them walk. Doesn’t matter how good he is or if they had an MVP season the year before they opt out. Get your few years from him then let him walk

We couldn’t with ARod because he was going to walk to Boston. He said he was. But that’s what screwed us, he opted out and we went for 10 years. But got us a World Series as well

Mlbteaderumors has Harper signing 14year-$420mil with Dodgers. Machado 13year-$390mil with the Phillies.

So many years.

Still would give a pursuit of Harper. If there’s an opt out, and he takes it, you let them walk. Doesn’t matter how good he is or if they had an MVP season the year before they opt out. Get your few years from him then let him walk

We couldn’t with ARod because he was going to walk to Boston. He said he was. But that’s what screwed us, he opted out and we went for 10 years. But got us a World Series as well
Easy pass on both them even with an opt out. Don’t want to even Risk them opting in for that kind of cheese.

I’m not giving anyone a 13 or 14 year deal.

Harper hasn’t been as great as people think, been average in a few seasons

Machado has had serious injuries.

Pass on both, we need pitching more than anything else. Those deals are stupid.

Right now, I have 16 that are really likely to be on the Opening Day Roster

Sanchez, Voit, Torres, Andujar, Hicks, Judge, Stanton
Romine, Torreyes, Gardner
Severino, Tanaka
Green, Holder, Betances, Chapman

-Neil Walker 1yr/ $4mil to play 2nd Base for Half a Season
-Carlos Carrasco is the easier Indians pitcher to get (Bird, Loaisiga, German, Albert Aberu and fillers)
-Patrick Corbin 5years / $100-115mil
-If we're being financially savvy, CC is the better investment over Happ because CC will be 1 year / $8-10mil, Happ will probably be 3 year /$45mil
-David Robertson is a must re-sign 3year / $30mil is a fair offer
-Another financially savvy move would be going in on Andrew Miller when the market for him is low due to injury concern. He loved being in NY, and is a great clubhouse guy willing to take any role.

That leaves us 3 open roster spots, and Yankees could decide to hover around the luxury tax, with Clint Fraizer in LF, Kahnle in the pen, and a cheap veteran on the bench, and just wait for Didi, Montgomery & Justus Sheffiled in the 2nd half.

If they don't care about the luxury tax, either Harper or Machado will be on the roster come opening day, but not both. To me, Harper is the clear better fit for this team, and is more marketable. Hal cares about the $, if he doesn't care about luxury tax, then he will want a guy who can make that money back for him, and that's Harper

u guys really fell in love wit Voit huh ?

I'm not down to hand him 1b with confidence he can hold it down like he did to end the year. his glove is nowhere near what we need at that position. let dude get paid somewhere and lets open our eyes, we've seen these guys before.

-Another financially savvy move would be going in on Andrew Miller when the market for him is low due to injury concern. He loved being in NY, and is a great clubhouse guy willing to take any role.

Indians didn't extend a QO to him so we wouldn't have to give them compensation if we wanted to sign him.

I really hope we just cut our losses with Ellsbury. He's not worth using a roster spot on.

u guys really fell in love wit Voit huh ?

I'm not down to hand him 1b with confidence he can hold it down like he did to end the year. his glove is nowhere near what we need at that position. let dude get paid somewhere and lets open our eyes, we've seen these guys before.

He’s not a Free Agent.

We have 2 years of Team Control and 3 years of Arbitration on him.

If he stinks it up, Neil is going to have to be our 1B. Or hold on to Bird

Indians didn't extend a QO to him so we wouldn't have to give them compensation if we wanted to sign him.

I really hope we just cut our losses with Ellsbury. He's not worth using a roster spot on.

I think that’s another thing with Miller with Chap and Dellin and bringing back DRob, we don’t need Miller to grind 2-3 inning relief appearances.

As for Ellsbury it’s up to him to ask to be cut and get his money.

Bryce Harper hit .249 with 34 hr's and 100 rbi's and he wants $3 - $400 mill?

Pass

He got on base at a .390 clip. 6th highest in NL. Despite hitting .249.

Among NL hitters, 6th in runs. T-7th in HR. 8th in RBI. 1st in BB by 20 walks. 10th in OPS

He may not be worth a 10+ year contract, no one is. But he’s worth $30-40mil for a majority of those 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom