***OFFICIAL 2019-20 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD (VOL. CALMA)***

Dropping my kicker to hold on to James Washington, hope he breaks out

Problem ...

Who am i dropping though as he plays the SNF game and the kicker i plan on picking up come 1st sunday is Gould vs Tampa and they play the afternoon game

Screenshot_20190826-095243_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg
I'm not dropping anybody on that team to pick up a kicker.

12 team keeper league 0.5 ppr. Had the 10th pick but missed my draft time so my team was auto drafted. Not great but we'll see how this season turns out.
Screenshot_20190824-173415~2.png

Auction Draft
Keeper league
0.5 ppr

Goff

CMC, Royce Freeman, Ballage Justin Jackson, Damien Harris

Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, Godwin, Coutee, Hollywood Brown, Mecole Hardman

Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews

Prater

Auction Draft
Keeper league
0.5 ppr

Goff

Prater

giphy.gif

Auction Draft
Keeper league
0.5 ppr

Goff

Prater

18 team league, right?

Auction Draft
Keeper league
0.5 ppr

Goff

Prater

Team should be ok so long as Allen stays healthy. Only thing I dont like is the RB depth after CMC.

how do auctions drafts work ? always was curious just never went ahead and tested it out myself

everyone starts with say $100 ?

how do auctions drafts work ? always was curious just never went ahead and tested it out myself

everyone starts with say $100 ?

Yeah, you start with a specific budget amount (in my leagues it's $200 and $250, respectively) and instead of drafting players pick-by-pick, the owners go player-by-player on putting someone up for bid. So, if I'm in the #1 slot, I don't pick the player that's going to be on my team, I pick someone for everyone to bid on. It could be a guy I want or a guy I want out of the way or someone who I want everyone to bid on so I can get another guy at the same position for hopefully cheaper...That's just 3 small examples of how it can work with just putting a guy up for bid...So much more strategy goes into it...

See my post from yesterday...You can have a particular player in mind, but if on a $200 budget and a guy is going for close to $100, you don't feel the same all the time and have to re-strategize on the fly. It's much easier in standard drafts to predict within a certain degree what player(s) will be available by the time you pick...none of that matters in auction. It's next level, in my opinion.

The standard pick-type drafting is so blah now. :lol: Anyone can do that ****. You don't even have to be there...If you're not at the auction...you'll get ****ed. Not that I want to discredit it, but after doing an auction for a few years now...it's just much harder.

And something you'd appreciate is that I got Carson Wentz for only $5 because everyone bid so hard on RBs/WRs/Mahomes, etc...Practically an MVP QB for 2.5% of my budget...Never went in wanting to get Wentz, but the value was too good to pass up.

thanks for the write up g.. Sounds very strategic like you said very next level

so my guess would be he paid the high for CMC and Kelce players

i sorta understand it now not sure how I would go about it but ima check it our for next season and try to familiarize myself with them now to get a headstart

practice makes perfect :nthat:

thanks again

when is david montgomery going in your leagues

12 team .5 ppr i have the 8th pick.

was hoping to get him in the 3rd

And something you'd appreciate is that I got Carson Wentz for only $5 because everyone bid so hard on RBs/WRs/Mahomes, etc...Practically an MVP QB for 2.5% of my budget...Never went in wanting to get Wentz, but the value was too good to pass up.

ahh i see i for sure do appreciate that one, $5 on wentz seems like could be a big time steal ofcourse san an injury (but even at $5 deff seems like the risk is worth it)

deff a very interesting way of drafting.. i never even thought about doing an auction draft but the last few post in here has me highly intrigued

Most likely...CMC went for $99 in my league and it was me who did it. :lol: You gotta pay to get them studs, man or else you have a **** ton of money left at the end of the draft and just a mediocre squad.

I have no problem paying a premium for production + durability. That's gold.

What are the chances zeke and cowboys get a deal done by Sunday 7:30pn est :lol:

If I have to pass on him then I’m going Nuk

this screws up my draft but whatever, no risking taking zeke and he missed 2-3 weeks etc

He’s coming back for sure,this isn’t a bell and Melvin Gordon situation but I’m not trying to go 1-2 or 0-3 to start the season

I did NBA auction and it was fun. A lot of different strategies, only complaint was that it look longer imo.

I got him in the 3rd round. I was the 10th out 12th pick.

Did auctions in one league up until 2017..im good on those. Drafts take forever and a day.

I do like implementing FAAB for waivers though

My 12 teamer yesterday he went in 5th round - last pick. I've seen him go as high as the 4th round in my other league, also 12 teams.

If you want him in the 3rd he should be yours

Last edited:
What are the chances zeke and cowboys get a deal done by Sunday 7:30pn est :lol:

If I have to pass on him then I’m going Nuk

this screws up my draft but whatever, no risking taking zeke and he missed 2-3 weeks etc

He’s coming back for sure,this isn’t a bell and Melvin Gordon situation but I’m not trying to go 1-2 or 0-3 to start the season

Go my route go zero wr.....

5E101AE6-BE59-49B2-AA3F-123D7487AE4E.jpeg

You guys dont auction...chill. different ball game.

Forreal, dynasty auction league is next level

Made the playoffs all years and 2nd place twice since i started

Always go dwn in the playoffs cause my WR are nonexistent, so i switched up to WR heavy and gamble on RBs cause i didnt have the bank roll

CMC and Kelce were my keepers

Last edited:
thanks for the write up g.. Sounds very strategic like you said very next level

i sorta understand it now not sure how I would go about it but ima check it our for next season and try to familiarize myself with them now to get a headstart

practice makes perfect :nthat:

thanks again

Yeah, CMC and Kelce ate almost 40% of my budget of $200

I think i did pretty solid landing
Allen, TY, and Godwin

Godwin is pretty much my WR1. I'm not happy about that, but I'm excited about Godwin, so the fact that you have him and Keenan Allen is solid.Hard to guage TY given the Luck situation, but he's definitely an upside type guy.

The only good thing with my lack of WR depth is that I have a surplus of RB's for trade value....CMC, Cook, Montgomery, Murray and then Jaylen Samuels for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom