OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's not take the transitive property too far here, just because they lost to GSU doesn't mean they'll lose to every team better than GSU, that's not how football works :lol:. Georgia State is the worst team Tennessee plays all year, but just because UT played poorly against them, doesn't mean they'll play poorly all season. Florida didn't go winless after they lost to Georgia Southern and LSU didn't go winless after they lost to Troy. I had them going 6-6 this season, I assumed they would improve. If they go 2-10 or 3-9 and go winless in conference, I still don't think they get rid of him (although he'd be on a Clay Helton-level hot seat in 2020).

If you fire a coach, you have to hire someone else. Who wants this job knowing that your leash that short? You need to give him at least 3 seasons before you can fully evaluate.

Remember, they're still paying Butch Jones a buyout, I don't think UT wants to be paying 2 former coaches and paying another coach.

Troy went 11-2 that season, and UF's L to GASO was on SoCon Saturday before FSU. They were already 4-6 and had checked out mentally against an option team that was better than their record and had an NFL player at WB in Jerick McKinnon and a really good coach in Jeff Monken (if Rutgers is smart they hire him this off-season).

Upsets do happen in cfb, but when your an SEC team that recruits at a top 25 level (they are ranked 15th in 247's talent composite rankings) you should be able to roll the ball out and beat one of the worst teams in all of FBS in the first game of the season.

As you said Ga St's W was no fluke, and they didn't run a crazy unconventional offense or defense that UTk didn't know how to handle. They just outplayed them, which is an awful sign for Tennessee's future prospects under Pruitt.

They'll pay 3 coaches if things get embarrassing. You know how these SEC boosters are, they'll find the money.
Think they've had at least 3 coaches on payroll in the past.:lol:

N’Western gonna live up to my expectations and be terrible.

Fitz usually finds a way, and it's not like the rest of the west outside of Wiscy and Iowa looked all that great last week either.

His first season in 06 is the last time they didn't win at least 5 games.

Hunter Johnson does look like a bust tho.

Fitz usually finds a way, and it's not like the rest of the west outside of Wiscy and Iowa looked all that great last week either.

His first season in 06 is the last time they didn't win at least 5 games.

Hunter Johnson does look like a bust tho.

I swear every time they’re supposed to be good they blow it and then come out of nowhere when people aren’t paying attention to them

Aint falling for it. Northwestern seems to always get into gear midway through the year. Wouldn’t be surprised at all see them finish 9-4 or end up in the conference title game somehow

Shows you how random QB recruiting is. There really is no sure thing; Mills was a huge recruit. I wanted him to go to Georgia because he's from the area

Shadeur Sanders didn't look good in his game against Parish Episcopal. Good contest ruined by questionable coaching at the end.

As of right now? Everything. He has a bigger arm, is more accurate, and more of a threat to run the zone read. Even in that Northwestern game he ran the offense better than Mills. That’s not to say Costello is a top 10 pick, but y’all are always so quick to crown the backup quarterback like he isn’t the backup for a reason.

Shaw pulled Keller Chryst and Ryan Burns out of there quick. If Mills was better right now he’d be playing.

I'll have to disagree with that. Keller Chryst started at least 4 games before Shaw went to Costello. It was probably more like 6. Even after Costello got a ton of burn in a game Chryst was hurt in, they still went with Chryst the next game. Shaw doesn't change up his QBs like you're insinuating. Quite the opposite. I remember this because I had money on Stanford in one of those games and Chryst sucked and they looked way better after a series of Coatello, but that was it for him...Shaw went back to Chryst and I lost my bet.

Last edited:
I'll have to disagree with that. Keller Chryst started at least 4 games before Shaw went to Costello. It was probably more like 6. Even after Costello got a ton of burn in a game Chryst was hurt in, they still went with Chryst the next game. Shaw doesn't change up his QBs like you're insinuating. Quite the opposite. I remember this because I had money on Stanford in one of those games and Chryst sucked and they looked way better after a series of Coatello, but that was it for him...Shaw went back to Chryst and I lost my bet.

I think you’re talking about UCLA in 2017? That was Costello’s freshman year and our first real look at him and he got the start the following week because I think Chryst was still hurt (concussed?) They gave Chryst the job back when he came back but Costello was still getting a few series each game (I maybe wrongly remember it as they were almost running a 2 QB offense?)

Chryst only got 2-3 starts after that so Shaw did make the switch Costello’s first year on the team after all the praise reporters gave Chryst. Same deal with Burns. He won the job, got 7 starts and then was pulled for Chryst and never got the job back.

Im not saying Shaw is Justin Wilcox with the way he cycles through QBs. I’m also not saying that Mills isn’t good. I’m just saying this is his 3rd year and if he was clearly better than KJ he’d have thrown more than 16 passes in his career by now.

aint no chance Costello is losing his gig. Stanford loves him and always talks about him being the epitome of what it is to be a Stanford player.

Mills can pass for 500 and it won't matter. Costello isn't losing his job because of a concussion.

Back
Top Bottom