Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tank IS the draw tho, isn’t he?

Dude has a big social media presence, and drew sell out crowds/ratings against tomato cans in each of his last 2 fights.

LOVE Tevin Farmer, however outside of us hardcore Boxing fans...nobody knows him, he has zero leverage.

Tank IS the draw tho, isn’t he?

Dude has a big social media presence, and drew sell out crowds/ratings against tomato cans in each of his last 2 fights.

LOVE Tevin Farmer, however outside of us hardcore Boxing fans...nobody knows him, he has zero leverage.

Without a doubt but Floyd/Al are offering Tevin 2M while Eddie is willing to give Tank 5M to fight on DAZN.

Perhaps Tank would get 5M for the fight from Al as well but I doubt it considering Ortiz isn't going to get the 7M that he turned down for AJ to fight Wilder.

Is the fight really worth more than 7M? Probably not, but Eddie/DAZN have the money to overpay right now.

This again illustrates the reason why the Ali Act is a thing.

He may be entertaining, but he isn’t selling pay per views or bringing new eyes to the sport.

Just my opinion As a casual fan lol. Tank is one of the fighters we always tune in for

Also a lot of young women watch his fights / talk about him now

I’d say he is a draw for us casual fans

Tank is definitely getting more casual viewers nowadays, moreso than Tevin for sure. Friends of mine that don't watch too often tuned in for the last Tank fight. His Mayweather affiliation probably helps with that.

That being said, 5 mil would still easily be a career high payday for him.

Either way though I just hope they find a way to get the fight made, but it's not looking promising

Just my opinion As a casual fan lol. Tank is one of the fighters we always tune in for

Also a lot of young women watch his fights / talk about him now

I’d say he is a draw for us casual fans

Yeah even my girl knows who’s Tank is and she don’t really know boxers by name but the Mayweather affiliation and his fighting style is a big draw plus his social media presence.

Spence is all hype. Son hasn’t proven anything

Agree. Spence is my favorite right now but he is actually starting to get a bit too cocky and annoying. He acts like he dominated a broken down Kell Brook who was ruined by GGG. Wasn’t Kell up on the cards before his eye socket went out again?

Humble down Spence.

He needs to just move to 160. They can fight again when J Rock decides to move up as well.

Last edited:
Spence is all hype. Son hasn’t proven anything
Huh? What hasn't the man proven?
Outside of Mikey Garcia being in a shell all night and getting punished what has he not done in the ring? Every fight he has the corner is literally considering stopping the fight this also happened to Mikey.

Pacquiao literally did the same thing to Broner (who fights every fight that way with pot shots) nobody killed Manny for that lol.

Agree. Spence is my favorite right now but he is actually starting to get a bit too cocky and annoying. He acts like he dominated a broken down Kell Brook who was ruined by GGG. Wasn’t Kell up on the cards before his eye socket went out again?

Humble down Spence.

Cocky? How so? His demeanor has always been the same.

And lets be honest he did make Kell Brook quit and did dominate that fight, dont forget it was the other eye that he injured not the same one GGG hurt. And dont forget the Kell Brook Porter fight went the distance but Kell Brook destroyed Porter from the outside all night long. You aint seen that same Porter since.

Not sure how any one can be sold on Porter winning the fight with his change in style to being that of just a boxer and not the brawler we know and love.

My hope is that this is an in-fight if so Shawn has a chance.

But lets stop blasting champs for doing what they are supposed to do.

Floyd wasnt lying about what he said with the media and black champs

Porter aint got the tools to give Spence trouble, have never seen Porter so giddy in a face off the man is worried

Last edited:
I don't think it's a black champ thing cause I've been thinking the same lately. Spence has been lowkey talking spicy since forever but he's been turning it up another notch lately. And then after seeing that underwhelming performance in the Mikey fight, and the way he's been ****ting on Porter who seems to be a pretty decent dude, and the fact that he's talking like he's in no rush to see Crawford, and the fact that Brook is really the only truly solid win on his resume, and Brook was winning before the orbital breaking, I dunno, it's a little off putting.

I still think he's at the top of the division for now talent wise, but honestly I'd love to see Porter drag him into a dogfight and make it a real contest.

If he stops Porter though, who both Brook and Thurman had trouble with, then I guess he is who he's saying he is. I need to see it though.

There are levels to this game. Crawford and Spence are top tier. The rest shouldnt even be mentioned with them.

That is the only fight I care to see at 147

I don't think it's a black champ thing cause I've been thinking the same lately. Spence has been lowkey talking spicy since forever but he's been turning it up another notch lately. And then after seeing that underwhelming performance in the Mikey fight, and the way he's been ****ting on Porter who seems to be a pretty decent dude, and the fact that he's talking like he's in no rush to see Crawford, and the fact that Brook is really the only truly solid win on his resume, and Brook was winning before the orbital breaking, I dunno, it's a little off putting.

I still think he's at the top of the division for now talent wise, but honestly I'd love to see Porter drag him into a dogfight and make it a real contest.

If he stops Porter though, who both Brook and Thurman had trouble with, then I guess he is who he's saying he is. I need to see it though.

Exactly how I feel.

Solid points.

At the same time, I can't get mad at the Mikey Garcia fight because he had the same energy in that 1 on 1 that he had with Porter. Non-chalant and at that same portion he told Garcia he would punish him and he did.

Brook was not up on those cards, go rewatch he literally broke him down and it surprised me to see Brook not control the outside.

Porter is a high risk low reward fight (for anyone at this point). His only chance at winning is if and only if he goes back to his brawler style. Unfortunately we haven't seen that in a few years now.

You can't tell me Porter has a chance any other way then making it ugly he aint gonna outbox Spence.

Also anyone waiting for Spence Crawford, that fight is atleast a year and a half out a minimum.

The writing is on the wall Pacquiao got next after this and Al gon see to it.

Getting Al and Bob to work together only if the dollars match, and sadly Crawford is left on the outside looking in against the quality welterweights in the division not signed to Al.

I think Brook was ahead on the cards until the stoppage. But Spence made sure he inflicted damage in every round even the one's he might've lost. Spence's game plan was to break down Brook piece by piece. It's not like what Yarde did, only rally for 1-2 rounds and run out of gas.

Back
Top Bottom