Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't see the fight but if it went the distance it was so the home crowd got its moneys worth
Thats risky business because anything can happen
But if Spence wanted to put on a show for his hometown and was able to do it without taking any punishment, more power to him

I don't know what fight yall where watching. 1. Spence kind of let off the gas peddle in between rounds 9-11. Seems like when Mikey,s people was contemplating throwing the towel in after rounds 7-9, he kind of took it easy on him. Trust and believe, if Mikey wouldn't have stopped pressuring Spence in rounds 7-9, and kept going full force like he was in the earlier rounds, then Errol wouldn't have had no choice but to knock him out, while giving him his best. Mikey showed us that he can take hard punches though.

I wonder is he has any injuries? Because his corner was thinking about ending the fight when Spence was punishing him. He might've made a bad career choice going up in weight like that. Because you don't know what type of injuries he can suffer, even if they don't report it. People are saying it was because Mikey took the punches and survived, and Spence didn t show anything because he was suppose to knock out Mikey.

But Spence did serve him up with some abuse in the later rounds, Mikey is just tough and just survived it. I see why fighters duck Spence, and will probably continue to do so. He can throw heavy punches in later rounds, which is kind of rare to see in this era of boxing. Fighters are going to wait until hes in his mid to late 30,s to fight him. Fighting him now in his prime, is like watching a dog fight, you can feel his opponents counting them last seconds off the round, like when is it going to be over. I see now clearly why most will duck him right now. He also showed that he can go 12 rounds relentlessly with the hard hitting.

Reminds me of the hearns/haglar days. Canelo or GGG could probably get him, but I'm not sure if they can. I wouldn't ever bet against Spence though, that boy a beast. The sport needs him.

Pacquiao will get destroyed if he gets in there with Spence.

Roach or Buboy better talk him off the ledge.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer who would you pick between Callum Smith vs Benavidez?
Tough call. Callum Smith is pretty much a domestic level fighter, albeit a top domestic level fighter. Smith is huge and in his actual prime. Benavidez even at 22 looks and fights like a fighter in his prime. I think at the rate he's going, Benavidez should have the edge in a year or so despite his recent hiccups.

:lol:

I'd rather see Tank-Pac and Spence-Porter next.

:lol: at the response.

Makes sense post fight what Spence was saying why things were rubbing him the wrong way.

I got nothing but respect for Spence after last night as if I didnt already. Favorite boxer.

I noticed Spence even said if Mikey and his team wasnt so damn arrogant leading up to the fight he might of caught Spence off guard and because of that he locked in even hard :pimp:

Damn good undercard fights!

Main event was what we all knew was going to happen.
Mikey gets no credit for surviving an @ss whooping he didn’t have to take.....just my 2¢.
Hope he puts up a better fight against Loma, he took years off his career with this move.

Side note.......Tip of the cap to Gabe Rosado, time to think about your health going forward....hang em’ up champ.

Side note.......Tip of the cap to Gabe Rosado, time to think about your health going forward....hang em’ up champ.

Gabe lost AGAIN!? i didnt catch this undercard. He's gotta hang it up now.

One thing about him is he has heart too but gotta worry about your health with all that punishment

Spence always had an answer from where the fight was inside, outside, and clinched. Derrick James with a masterful gameplan over RGBA, a rarity.
I don’t think Garcia took any excessive damage, but he was clearly being outboxed and didn’t have power that Spence has seen before.
Hats off to both fighters, the activity that elite fighters share is another level and Garcia did a great job with head movement and parrying that minimized “long term damage”.
Mikey has too much power for Loma, hope it happens at 135.
Bud/Spence reminds me of Hollaway/Ferguson, need em both!

Back
Top Bottom