Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn good undercard fights!

Main event was what we all knew was going to happen.
Mikey gets no credit for surviving an @ss whooping he didn’t have to take.....just my 2¢.
Hope he puts up a better fight against Loma, he took years off his career with this move.

Side note.......Tip of the cap to Gabe Rosado, time to think about your health going forward....hang em’ up champ.

This

This wasn't a case a good little guy coming up short against a good bigger guy because of size. Dude got washed for just about all twelve rounds for a cheque. No one was asking for this fight.

It's hard to make the case either of these guys stock actually improved after this fight.

Gabe is my guy and pretty much always a tough/fun fight. Beat Tapia (though he was already done it seems), and I thought he beat Murray as well.

But never crossed the threshold into the elite category.

I assume Boxing will be following suit.

If someone is savy enough to potentially use ESPN+, their savy enough to find a stream :lol:. I have no idea why these companies don't get this.

:smh:

Assumed the streaming model would eventually kill PPVs, guess not, corporate greed wins again. Illegal streams it is then

Gabe is my guy and pretty much always a tough/fun fight. Beat Tapia (though he was already done it seems), and I thought he beat Murray as well.

But never crossed the threshold into the elite category.

I think lack of amateur experience hurts. I’ve always felt Gabe would’ve faired better had he went back down to 154 a couple of years ago. Always gonna root for Gabe tho. I too thought he beat Murray, Arias as well. Dude is from Philly, has heart and a solid fan base...he’ll continue to fights.

My dude Tapia hasn’t been the same since Kirkland. Such a shame his corner didn’t look out for him that night.

I assume Boxing will be following suit.

If someone is savy enough to potentially use ESPN+, their savy enough to find a stream :lol:. I have no idea why these companies don't get this.

ESPN keeps doubling down on the ESPN + scam.

Have no problem with the cost. I have a problem with subsidizing ESPN for content my normal ESPN subscription with my cable provider should cover. ESPN is charging for content you already pay for to compensate for folks cutting the cord.
Bingo

They’d rather give Deontay Wilder money for a PPV fight with Breazele or Spence fighting a Lightweight.

Lol how was 147 so stacked but all these cats are 30 now with weak sauce resumes. Poop show I tell ya

That’s one thing my guy Shawn Porter deserves credit and praise for. He’s actively sought out the best competition at 147. “Swift,” “One Time,” Brook, Broner, Devon Alexander, Paulie. Man’s doesn’t shy away from testing himself in the ring, even if you don’t like his boxing style.

Edit:
There’s talks of Porter next for Spence, if he doesn’t fight Manny for a ‘red panty night.’

Wilder will beat Breazeale and then fight Kownacki next if DAZN and ESPN don't get Kownacki over there by then

Back
Top Bottom