OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Agree... Still can't stand that Grant Perry is on Michigans team... He deserves a second chance but somewhere else.

Unfortunately for Hurts, he learned quick enough its a business... He has wasted an entire spring, summer and now fall camp when the coaches are clearly looking another direction... Somebody with a clue should have sent him elsewhere...

Wasn’t his dad hyping up his transfer earlier in the offseason? I thought for sure he was going to be somewhere else before the season started

From Jalen's mom. Those folks down in Bama aren't gonna like him calling out their President. Regardless, it's time for him to transfer.

If he told Nick he was going to stay, I can see why he’s pissed Nick said what he said at media days.

Hurts an idiot he should’ve been out of there the minute Tua won that game. Plenty of schools need a qb.

Speaking of Tua, once film is had on him I expect the hype to die down

qehv96ayv1x1.jpeg

Miami fans trying to bring down King Kirby

Hurts an idiot he should’ve been out of there the minute Tua won that game. Plenty of schools need a qb.

He’d still have to sit out a year.

As a QB, there’s no benefit in transferring somewhere a year in advance of when you can actually play.

As long as he doesn’t play in more than 4 games this season he’s fine.

He did what was best for the program. He's always been a good soldier. Sad it didn't work out for him. The fact that the Bama coaching staff didn't even talk to him all offseason is pretty lame.

Regarding Tua, I do think the hype is getting a bit out of hand. He was the preseason pickfor SEC player of the year at media days and many places have him as an all-american. That's alot of praise based on one (great) half of football and garbage time in other games. I'm not hating, I just think it's premature to annount this dude as the next coming based on a small sample size.

Jalen got alot of flack for not being a dynamic playmaker but he almost never made a big mistake. I see Tua as a higher risk, higher reward player.

Last edited:
Tua and Haskins both have a ton of hype for having only basically played a half of meaningful football each

Tua and Haskins both have a ton of hype for having only basically played a half of meaningful football each

I think Tua will be good ( I mean it’s hard to be bad playing for Alabama :lol:) but once film gets out and you play a team that can bring competition I think the hype will come back down to earth.

Alabama's not going to play a D with a pulse until November. Even if he struggles a bit in November, the train would have already left the station.

Part of the hype with Tua also has a lot to do with the surrounding pieces. This should be the best offense Nick has ever had.

Last edited:

That’s a big deal for SBU. Their fans have been wanting to go D1 like Buffalo (and the administration may be wanting to?) Step 1 would be to get the players needed in. I read somewhere that they’re the highest spending football program in FCS.

Most of these college coaches are scumbags anyway. Nicholas been a scumbag, Urban is worse and Dabo Luther King makes we want to puke. Jalen deserved better but Scumbag Nick going to Scumbag.

Alabama's not going to play a D with a pulse until November. Even if he struggles a bit in November, the train would have already left the station.

Part of the hype with Tua also has a lot to do with the surrounding pieces. This should be the best offense Nick has ever had.
Haven’t even looked at bama schedule but yeah only Auburn is in their way until sec title game. Funny the defense is the weakest part of that team this year which is rare. Only way I can see any teams having a chance against bama before November is if it’s a shoot out situation.

Missouri might put up a fight but that’s it.

Most of these college coaches are scumbags anyway. Nicholas been a scumbag, Urban is worse and Dabo Luther King makes we want to puke. Jalen deserved better but Scumbag Nick going to Scumbag.

I won't say that they are scumbags, they are doing what's best for them and their programs, I can't fault them for that period. There countless kids that these coaches have had a positive impact on. at the same time I'll never falter kid for doing what's best for them and putting their needs a head of the coach or the program. At the end of the day everyone else in the system is getting paid except for them.

My only issue is when these coaches like Art Briles, Urban Meyer, Saban, etc. get on their moral high horse like they're not cheating or bending the rules.

I won't say that they are scumbags, they are doing what's best for them and their programs, I can't fault them for that period. There countless kids that these coaches have had a positive impact on. at the same time I'll never falter kid for doing what's best for them and putting their needs a head of the coach or the program. At the end of the day everyone else in the system is getting paid except for them.

My only issue is when these coaches like Art Briles, Urban Meyer, Saban, etc. get on their moral high horse like they're not cheating or bending the rules.

This is why I call them scumbags. These coaches talking about honesty, integrity, commitment and other positive values while ignoring their ridiculous hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom