OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Don't want to see this go to 8. There's not even 8 worthy teams to play for a NC in most years, plus adding more free hits for these kids to take, extending the season.

8's not going to happen, I don't think.

Makes the championship game basically an NFL regular season finale for college kids. That's too much.

That's what we're trending towards at some point, no? Agreed on all points, because the justification is going to continue to change each year when the answer is that they just aren't going to be given a chance to make it.
the P5 would be more than happy if the G5 broke off & started their own governing body. the P5 has been trying to separate themselves from the G5 for years.

Scott Satterfield to UL seems like a great fit.

Great fit. Scary fit...

EDIT

Actually let me pump the brakes. Just because someone is a big coach doesn't mean they can't get eaten alive by the big P5 booster culture. Who knows if he can build up a major program to be nationally relevant.

Last edited:
I also don’t think 8 should happen nor do I think a conference champ should be automatically in. I mean look at the PAC this year or if Northwestern had beaten Ohio State

I already think of him highly. Why wait? I don't see how anyone can not do so or are people mad that he stayed at Bama? Even still, not sure why he wouldn't be looked at in a good light right now.

People have a habit on focusing on what a guy can't do instead of focusing on what a guy CAN do.

8's not going to happen, I don't think.

Makes the championship game basically an NFL regular season finale for college kids. That's too much.

You think the powers that be actually care?

You can play up to 16 at the FCS level so there's already precedence for it, and it's not like the kids have any organizational body that can actually fight it.

They're going to 8, what is going to be interesting is if the bargain bin Big XII after Texas, OU, and KU leaves still has P5 authority or not.

College sports have been about the money from the moment they realized they could cash in on it, I don’t see that ever changing so what’s stopping them from continuing to expand to continue to bring in revenue. 8 is coming soon enough

C’mon Hugh come to Tally, I’ll forgive you for sleeping with hookers lol :rofl:

OT we’re pursing if we strike out this recruiting cycle.

Only thing that would've been better would've been if she followed up the push with a left hook.

Back
Top Bottom