OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Idk if I believe the McNamara bit, but Saban's been known to dress down members of his own staff like that. Lane said the same thing IIRC.

Who's out on the defensive side if Lake is in? Xbox Tosh? All the guys that have left have been on the offensive side of the ball.

Heard Tosh called a few west coast programs in Nov about DC jobs. Now it may not even be his decision.

Sounds like all the Saban/Bama dysfunction is real. I get that these stories happen whenever a program suffers an embarrassing loss, but usually, where there's smoke...

There's clearly some dysfunction there, but I still think it's way too early to be saying "this is the beginning of the end".

They just signed the #1 class in country, and in all honesty they're probably the favorites for next season. Clemson's got quite a bit to replace on the defensive side of the ball, and Bama's getting back Diggs, Lewis, and Chris Allen who all had season ending injuries this season, and didn't play in the NCG.

Rumors had been there about Tosh and UGA too.

Sounds like dudes hate coaching under Saban but it's valuable as a means to an end for most of them.

There's clearly some dysfunction there, but I still think it's way too early to be saying "this is the beginning of the end".

They just signed the #1 class in country, and in all honesty they're probably the favorites for next season. Clemson's got quite a bit to replace on the defensive side of the ball, and Bama's getting back Diggs, Lewis, and Chris Allen who all had season ending injuries this season, and didn't play in the NCG.

If the end means no more back-to-back national titles, I do believe that. But they'll always be in the top 3-10 as long as Saban is there but other teams will beat them every off year.

Eventually UGA will figure it out too (eventually.) As will Texas, Ohio State, and a few others. Bama just had a clear run for a 5-7 year period and had such a head start that it took all the other schools a while to catch up.

Apparently Tate isn’t set to graduate in the spring so he’d have to sit out a year when transferring

Sucks to suck b*tch

Talked to a Florida player yesterday and he told me he was offered 4k for his Jordan’s lol. Said they put a way to track the shoes in there so he has to wait till next year to sell.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...n-tide-michigan-wolverines-20-minute-meeting/
Josh Gattis claims Nick Saban tried to get him to stay at Alabama: 'It did not go over well'
Before turning over the mic to Gattis, Harbaugh explains how he managed to lure his new offensive coordinator to Michigan.

“Found out through the grapevine that Josh was considering leaving Alabama, going to Maryland, we reached out and asked if he had any interest in Michigan,” Harbaugh said on the show. “So I called him at 9 o’clock in the morning and by 3:30 he was coming to Michigan with a signed memorandum of understanding. Then was on a plane here a day or two later.”

Michigan’s offensive coordinator was then asked to share his side of that story, and ironically enough, Gattis claimed he had just received one of Saban’s famous “*** chewings” just before Harbaugh called him to discuss coming to Michigan.

Here is what Gattis had to say about informing Saban he was leaving to become a coordinator and his final meeting with the Alabama coach.

“I wasn’t looking to make a one-year stop, you know. I was with James Franklin for six years but opportunities began to present themselves, and I had some tough choices to make, obviously professionally and personally, one of my goals was to be an offensive coordinator. That’s been a lifelong dream of mine,” Gattis said on the podcast. “I think that’s something that the input that I’ve had and the fingerprint that I’ve been able to leave on a lot of programs has allowed me to continue to prepare myself to put me in this position.

“When Coach Harbaugh called, it kinda caught me off guard because I was literally, I had just left a meeting with Nick Saban getting my butt chewed out for about 20 minutes telling him that I was leaving and he’s trying to get me to stay. It did not go over well. If there was any band-aid to the bruise or to what he left on me, it was that phone call. It was exciting to hear his voice and get a chance to talk to him personally.”

If Gattis is to be believed, Harbaugh finally got one over on Saban and stole one of his most coveted assistants after only one season on the job. Gattis would go on to discuss how great it is to work with the Michigan staff and the family atmosphere in Ann Arbor. Whether that’s just something all coaches say after taking a new job or if it’s a shot at Saban’s program is unclear but what does seem very clear is the fact Gattis is at peace with his decision to depart Alabama despite leaving behind arguably the nation’s best receiving corps in Tuscaloosa.

8967865.png

Alabama fans are MAD about that tweet saying its a huge lie (because both their commits are ranked higher) :lol:

Is this news though? People have known for a decade that Saban has treated his assistants like trash. Publicly berating them when they're up 30 and grinding them into the ground are all part of "the process". He's made football into a soulless, joyless grind but he can get away with it because he's the GOAT. Why do you think so many assistants do their time and leave ASAP? He treats the media like trash too. Bama fans love it; "Look how fired up he gets!", "Look at him scolding that reporter!" This is nothing new, nothing to see.

If the end means no more back-to-back national titles, I do believe that. But they'll always be in the top 3-10 as long as Saban is there but other teams will beat them every off year.

Eventually UGA will figure it out too (eventually.) As will Texas, Ohio State, and a few others. Bama just had a clear run for a 5-7 year period and had such a head start that it took all the other schools a while to catch up.

This is one of the lazy '***** in the armor' stories. Bama is still Bama, Saban is gonna use this as motivation and ride his players even harder. Remember when Saban was over the hill when they lost to Ole Miss in early 2015? Ain't nothin' changed they just took a bad L.

I like your UGA love though.

Is this news though? People have known for a decade that Saban has treated his assistants like trash. Publicly berating them when they're up 30 and grinding them into the ground are all part of "the process". He's made football into a soulless, joyless grind but he can get away with it because he's the GOAT. Why do you think so many assistants do their time and leave ASAP? He treats the media like trash too. Bama fans love it; "Look how fired up he gets!", "Look at him scolding that reporter!" This is nothing new, nothing to see.

This is one of the lazy '***** in the armor' stories. Bama is still Bama, Saban is gonna use this as motivation and ride his players even harder. Remember when Saban was over the hill when they lost to Ole Miss in early 2015? Ain't nothin' changed they just took a bad L.

I like your UGA love though.

Well no, that's when the booster money went up and the support staff/analyst arms race hit its peak. He'll be motivated but Clemson gets the same level of players and has the same facilities, admin support and coaches now. Saban's advantages aren't unique to Alabama anymore. But like I said it's like 3-4 teams that could really match what he has as far as infrastructure. They'll always be in the playoff and that's especially because he can go out and convince a QB in Hawaii (or his dad) to come to Tuscaloosa.

Sounds like all the Saban/Bama dysfunction is real. I get that these stories happen whenever a program suffers an embarrassing loss, but usually, where there's smoke...

Ain't no smoke. Bama is still Bama

Rumors had been there about Tosh and UGA too.

Sounds like dudes hate coaching under Saban but it's valuable as a means to an end for most of them.

Everyone already knew this though. How is this news to anyone who's followed Saban? There's a reason Bama lost 7 coordinators last season alone and are gonna lose the same number this season.

Ain't no smoke. Bama is still Bama

Everyone already knew this though. How is this news to anyone who's followed Saban? There's a reason Bama lost 7 coordinators last season alone and are gonna lose the same number this season.
Who said it's news? The noise is getting louder because the turnover is seemingly getting worse.

Well no, that's when the booster money went up and the support staff/analyst arms race hit its peak. He'll be motivated but Clemson gets the same level of players and has the same facilities, admin support and coaches now. Saban's advantages aren't unique to Alabama anymore. But like I said it's like 3-4 teams that could really match what he has as far as infrastructure. They'll always be in the playoff and that's especially because he can go out and convince a QB in Hawaii (or his dad) to come to Tuscaloosa.

You're correct about Bama losing their advantage in the facilities wars (although they're in the process of building a $500m new facility that will be complete in 10 years :sick:) and people are hip to them 'analyst' game now but I still don't see Bama taking a step back (as much as I'd like too)

Who said it's news? The noise is getting louder because the turnover is seemingly getting worse.

But the turnover has always been bad. The only coordinator to stick around for a long time was Kirby. People are talking about it more now because it hasn't really impacted the team's performance until now.

Bomani made a great point on his show today...

That food definitely wasn’t safe to eat

Anyone at any of the fast food places that wanted to stick it to the orange Cheeto could have easily done what food people do when they have a shot at getting back at someone

Last edited:
Apparently Tate isn’t set to graduate in the spring so he’d have to sit out a year when transferring

Sucks to suck b*tch

What would have been the worst case scenario had he stayed at OSU and keep his mouth shut? Be the backup for another season, get some mop up duty, and transfer next spring as a GT?

This kid handled this so stupidly. Now he's going to be getting scout team reps for the next year, and who knows if he beats out Perry or Williams in 2020. I'm not really sure him with Enos is the best schematic fit either. Last year with Bama was really the only time Enos has been on a staff that has ran a spread offense, his offenses at CMU and Arky were very much in the "old head B1G football" vein.

The U byke.

Fields waiver better come through. Whos their backup now?

Matthew Baldwin a 4* from TX who went to Lake Travis (same high school as Baker and the Brewer brothers). Tore his ACL on the first play in the state championship last December, and didn't participate in practice for OSU until midway through the season.

Back
Top Bottom