OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Buckeyes typically end up on the right side of things with the NCAA, so I would expect Fields to get his waiver with very little resistance

his offenses at CMU and Arky were very much in the "old head B1G football" vein.
Said that he'll be "Spread Coast" at Miami. That the Bama tenure opened his eyes.
Tate will have to sit out, no?

Or is he going to stay & graduate in May and then Enroll?
Conflicting stories. He was saying he'll graduate in May. Miami mod was saying that the school is already working on a waiver for him. Don't know what basis he could possibly get one on.

What would have been the worst case scenario had he stayed at OSU and keep his mouth shut? Be the backup for another season, get some mop up duty, and transfer next spring as a GT?

This kid handled this so stupidly. Now he's going to be getting scout team reps for the next year, and who knows if he beats out Perry or Williams in 2020. I'm not really sure him with Enos is the best schematic fit either. Last year with Bama was really the only time Enos has been on a staff that has ran a spread offense, his offenses at CMU and Arky were very much in the "old head B1G football" vein.

Matthew Baldwin a 4* from TX who went to Lake Travis (same high school as Baker and the Brewer brothers). Tore his ACL on the first play in the state championship last December, and didn't participate in practice for OSU until midway through the season.

What confuses me is why Tate, if not on track to graduate and likely sitting out a year, didn’t wait til the summer and at least compete for the job. Worst case, he loses and Fields is eligible, he transfers in May, and is eligible at the start of next season. Best case: he wins the job or Fields isn’t eligible and he is the starter. There’s no difference between situation A there and what he did other than the fact that he has 0% chance to start at osu now.

I’m sure he did after the tweet and comments but if Tate had kept his mouth shut, there would have been no reason to run him off.

Fields waiver isn’t a 100% guarantee, you didn’t take a QB in 19, and the guy you took in 18 is coming off a torn ACL.

What confuses me is why Tate, if not on track to graduate and likely sitting out a year, didn’t wait til the summer and at least compete for the job. Worst case, he loses and Fields is eligible, he transfers in May, and is eligible at the start of next season. Best case: he wins the job or Fields isn’t eligible and he is the starter. There’s no difference between situation A there and what he did other than the fact that he has 0% chance to start at osu now.

It seems pretty clear assurances were made to him and he feels misled. Him transferring seems more like an emotional reaction than pragmatic one.

It's very easy to say sit and compete from our viewpoint.

The writing on the wall is pretty obvious. Though, if he doesn’t get his waiver, it will be crazy to see what happens should he get beat out again, at a different school.

Y’all think this affects your 2020/2021 QB recruiting? @ miami folks

It seems pretty clear assurances were made to him and he feels misled. Him transferring seems more like an emotional reaction than pragmatic one.

Oh yeah I totally think it’s emotional. Who knows what’s said behind closed doors. I mean Haskins was obviously leaving so as the backup of course you’re gonna take over the job. I’m sure day had that convo with him. Then fields comes along and everyone is enamored with him and you’re essentially an afterthought. I’m not mad at him for transferring at all I just think he looks like a b*tch after talking all that mess then he leaves without even competing. I hope he does well in Miami though. Apparently his waiver may have something to do with Urbans retirement

The writing on the wall is pretty obvious. Though, if he doesn’t get his waiver, it will be crazy to see what happens should he get beat out again, at a different school.

“Don’t swing and miss twice...”

nah, Perry & Cade are on thin ice, Jarren will probably look somewhere else if he can't win the job, Beck will be the target

I don’t see how this is best for ‘him’ tho.

He could be in this exact same scenario next January and off to his third school.

How he played this whole thing is just dumb, and screams of immaturity.

Staff so new that I have no idea what 2021 targets will look like. Expect Enos to be all over and have a good chance to flip Carson Beck, who committed to him at Bama.

Fields waiver isn’t a 100% guarantee, you didn’t take a QB in 19, and the guy you took in 18 is coming off a torn ACL.
I'd guess Fields waiver is pretty likely, though. And the HC that recruited him just stepped down and the new guy brought in a handpicked QB within weeks.

Entitlement is a MF
I'm not a fan of this kid at all, but he's entitled for this situation or just generally? These kids get 4 years of eligibility. Don't blame him one bit for taking control of his own situation.

Staff so new that I have no idea what 2021 targets will look like. Expect Enos to be all over and have a good chance to flip Carson Beck, who committed to him at Bama.

I meant moreso that, 2020 is going to be interesting b/c depending on how things break y'all could lose 3 QB's in one off-season. (Worst case scenario of course). Chances are probably pretty good that 2 leave. Can you really land 3 QB's in one cycle? Or do you just go for 2 and hope things break right

I meant moreso that, 2020 is going to be interesting b/c depending on how things break y'all could lose 3 QB's in one off-season. (Worst case scenario of course). Chances are probably pretty good that 2 leave. Can you really land 3 QB's in one cycle? Or do you just go for 2 and hope things break right
Sounds like they think they can get this Plumlee kid for 2019. Ideally in 2020, Jarren/Tate, 2019 kid and 2 2020 kids. Think they have to get 2 in 2020.

Can wait to watch them Canes get smacked up in Orlando Week 1 next year in person.

Tate and Blake Barnett have so much in common.

Back
Top Bottom