**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo should really stop being stubborn cut a little more body fat for longevity sake. Like look how lean Vince is.

Been saying this. It’s like Melo doesn’t work on his body at all and figured could just rely on talent, but never pictured his talent eroding. Carter at 7 years older should look better than him. Wade even eventually took care of his body AND switched up his game.

As someone who's watched a lot of Lonzo, i am way less worried about his ability to impact a team positively than D'Lo. For all the flack Lonzo gets for the "bad misses" he's still shooting 36% on about 5 attempts per game, & this season he seems a lot more comfortable attacking in transition & in the half court. As of right now he's still adjusting to finishing at the rim but the ability is there.

Zo is never gonna be a big time scorer, but he's gonna be elite defensively, elite decision making... & i think he will develop into a pretty good spot up shooter from three as well as creating a lot of oppurtunity in transition.

Reactions: God
I think a lot of the criticism for Zo comes from him simply being the #2 pick. I don't think anyone seriously doubts his ability to impact winning in a positive way, but its more so that w/the #2 pick, you should be swinging for someone w/more raw talent, w/a higher ceiling.

Been saying this. It’s like Melo doesn’t work on his body at all and figured could just rely on talent, but never pictured his talent eroding. Carter at 7 years older should look better than him. Wade even eventually took care of his body AND switched up his game.
I’m still upset we never got a chance for a Melo, PJ, CP3, Harden, and Gordon chubby rotation. The “Five Guys” lineup the Cardiac Death lineup... the Hampton Inn Breakfast lineup

I think a lot of the criticism for Zo comes from him simply being the #2 pick. I don't think anyone seriously doubts his ability to impact winning in a positive way, but its more so that w/the #2 pick, you should be swinging for someone w/more raw talent, w/a higher ceiling.

That's the thing His ceiling is extremely high on everything on the basketball court outside of scoring the ball, Also Guys with that Raw talent need time to develop & make mistakes (We already have that guy with BI). Lakers plan was always this, Sign Two Major FA and start trying to become contenders while still not putting all the pressure on the young players.

Lonzo is PERFECT for the strategy they are going for. If this was a franchise that was planning a complete rebuild & needed a "Face" i don't think Lonzo would have been the sure pick, but when you plan on bringing in top tier FA's you need a guy who's going to be able to play with those guys immediately & be able to just fit in his first few years.

I think Lonzo at max is a 15/7/11 who will play a big role on winning basketball teams, I'll take that for a #2 pick anyday.

P C H P C H
addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

Can yall look into your secret access files and give me a scouting report on International Prospect: Jurij Macura (Not JP that plays for Greensboro)

I've only seen the stuff that Mike from draft express has said on him. Seems a bit slow to me, but he's young and has a solid feel. To be that young, he's skilled. In the vids I've seen, he made some crazy passes on the move that were impressive.

That's the thing His ceiling is extremely high on everything on the basketball court outside of scoring the ball, Also Guys with that Raw talent need time to develop & make mistakes (We already have that guy with BI). Lakers plan was always this, Sign Two Major FA and start trying to become contenders while still not putting all the pressure on the young players.

Lonzo is PERFECT for the strategy they are going for. If this was a franchise that was planning a complete rebuild & needed a "Face" i don't think Lonzo would have been the sure pick, but when you plan on bringing in top tier FA's you need a guy who's going to be able to play with those guys immediately & be able to just fit in his first few years.

I think Lonzo at max is a 15/7/11 who will play a big role on winning basketball teams, I'll take that for a #2 pick anyday.

This is why I hesitated to call him just an elite role player. He doesn't have a star type game but he's so good everywhere on the court and he should get to at least 15-19 ppg on good splits from the floor so he basically will have the same impact as a star

Reactions: God
I've only seen the stuff that Mike from draft express has said on him. Seems a bit slow to me, but he's young and has a solid feel. To be that young, he's skilled. In the vids I've seen, he made some crazy passes on the move that were impressive.
Yea his passing and shooting stand out the most to me. Trying to get a feel for his upside.

That's what they did with BI

This is why I hesitated to call him just an elite role player. He doesn't have a star type game but he's so good everywhere on the court and he should get to at least 15-19 ppg on good splits from the floor so he basically will have the same impact as a star
Sounds like MCW his rookie year

Yup, this has always been the case. If he can hit wide open 3s at a decent clip, which he's been able to do thus far this year, he'll be a nice complementary player to Bron. High level role player that can be a positive asset. His inability to score off dribble gives him a lower ceiling than other players, IMO. For what he is, that kind of player should probably be picked in the 7-15 range or so, but again, with LeBron on the team now, his skillset meshes pretty nicely as long as he's hitting 3s.

Just kind of wonder what things will look like in the upcoming years when him, BI, and Kuz all need to be paid and Bron is (maybe?) declining. If BI can develop into a legit #1 option, they'll probably be fine. We'll see.

Lonzo will never get to 15/7/11 and I'm not sure he'll ever come close to that. That's pretty damn ambitious for someone who can't dribble, shoot on the move, pass out of PnR, and who won't dominate the ball w/BI and LBJ there, if he's there w/LA long term. (I don't think he will be).His own individual offensive instincts are just so far away right now. Anything other than a 3 is rough.

I do agree though that he fits well w/Lebron and other top tier FA's. His skillset is best suited w/other great players. He's basically a better shooting PG version of Draymond green which as you said is completely fine if you're surrounding him w/ other elite top end talent. I probably still wouldn't have went that route because talent wins out and there were better guard prospects available at 2, but if you get LBJ and like KD or something (Doubt this but who knows) then I guess it doesn't matter.

That's what they did with BI

Aight...now do it again the next draft :lol: ? You always draft w/upside in mind when you're drafting that high. Stockpile as much high end potential talent as you can.

BI's red flags are showing a bit, making it all the more vital that LAL should of went w/talent and upside instead of high floor (Lonzo)

Lonzo's red flags were too apparent for the #2 pick and his ceiling as a ball player was evident, even at UCLA.

Lonzo will never get to 15/7/11 and I'm not sure he'll ever come close to that. That's pretty damn ambitious for someone who can't dribble, shoot on the move, pass out of PnR, and who won't dominate the ball w/BI and LBJ there, if he's there w/LA long term. (I don't think he will be).His own individual offensive instincts are just so far away right now. Anything other than a 3 is rough.

Dude has shot 14 free throws in 19 games but somehow he’ll be a 15 ppg guy.

Baffling

And he's turning into a great defender.

It's weird, Paul Pierce was always chubby too but he had nice longevity.

Shannon is the realest MF on Fox

I know he be smashing all them white gals

FairSecondhandKarakul-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom