Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

this is like the worst offseason in Knicks history up to this point with Lebron reaping the benefits. Lebron window of opportunity is like now to win another chip (only west competition for next year is the Rockets, Warriors will drop to 4-6 in the West; Kyrie leaning towards the Nets, KD missing next year (so the rebuild will take another year if Knicks get him) or he opts in (rumor is KD moved out of bay area already); I already see us Maxing out the lower tier all-stars like Butler/Harris etc. KP will be playing this year while KD is on the injured list

Man ...

Pelicans didn't get fleece, they were dumb enough to hire Griffin, were gifted the #4 by the NBA to facilitate the trade to the Lakers. Hell they even took Josh Hart and didn't demand Kuz which was included in last years trade.

If you guys think the NBA cares about Dolan, you're wrong. He's not with the good old boys. In addition FA are scared to come to the garden. They know how brutal we are of they dont deliver. It takes a special kind of player to join the Knicks be mentally prepare and play like his life depends on it.

So far the JR has the mind and so does DSJ. Keep them both. Mitch is a silent assassin... Knox and Frank just dont have it. It they get mentally tough maybe.

It doesn't take a genius to know we had a better package that the Lakers sent over. But in glad we didnt do it.

**** Griffin and **** Lebron.... it never should of have been KD .. the gods robbed the NBA of true greatness ... lebron in the other jand... **** him

Man ...

Pelicans didn't get fleece, they were dumb enough to hire Griffin, were gifted the #4 by the NBA to facilitate the trade to the Lakers. Hell they even took Josh Hart and didn't demand Kuz which was included in last years trade.

If you guys think the NBA cares about Dolan, you're wrong. He's not with the good old boys. In addition FA are scared to come to the garden. They know how brutal we are of they dont deliver. It takes a special kind of player to join the Knicks be mentally prepare and play like his life depends on it.

So far the JR has the mind and so does DSJ. Keep them both. Mitch is a silent assassin... Knox and Frank just dont have it. It they get mentally tough maybe.

It doesn't take a genius to know we had a better package that the Lakers sent over. But in glad we didnt do it.

**** Griffin and **** Lebron.... it never should of have been KD .. the gods robbed the NBA of true greatness ... lebron in the other jand... **** him

On the low this Lakers trade feels like a Melo or Nyets/Celtic trade. It’s not going to hurt until year 3 or four but once the poison kicks in it’s going to hurt that franchise for a decade.

I’m glad the Knicks didn’t pull the trigger on anything similar.

Really depends on how much LeBron has left in the tank, and how they fill out the rest of the roster. I could see the Lakers being good enough where losing or swapping the picks don’t really matter. 2024 is gonna be interesting. Overall, I don’t think it’s that bad a trade for the Lakers. They’re expecting to be good with AD and LeBron. Fair trade for both teams right now, I think. We’ll see down the line, I guess.

Glad we didn’t go all in, though. I wasn’t a fan of trading for AD anyway. Slow and steady wins the race.

In addition FA are scared to come to the garden. They know how brutal we are of they dont deliver.

Yes I'm sure this is why players haven't wanted to come here. Nothing to do with winning 17 games.

It doesn't take a genius to know we had a better package that the Lakers sent over.

You're delusional if you think we have better young players than LA had.

they were dumb enough to hire Griffin

Griffin just got a great deal for a player who has openly expressed his desire to be traded & has one year left on his contract. He's dumb?

Throw the whole post away.

Lakers got fleeced. Those first rounders will be literary picks at worst. LeBron has 2-3 years max left. And AD is only going to get more injury prone.

Yes I'm sure this is why players haven't wanted to come here. Nothing to do with winning 17 games.
This goes further back than just one year champ.

You're delusional if you think we have better young players than LA had.
Besides Ingram out prospect are better period. Mitch upside is higher champ.

Griffin just got a great deal for a player who has openly expressed his desire to be traded & has one year left on his contract. He's dumb?
any GM would of have gotten it done. Is not like they didnt do it to the Knicks or Nets or countless others champ

Throw the whole post away.
you still think you are super duper knowledgeable .. smh champ

LA is in the same spot as NY would be signing KD, all in now, no time for player development or focus on the future unfortunately. Davis is young enough that resigns and stays healthy he can be a plan b for the future. Better them than us at this point.

- Okay, then it's because we have the least amount of wins in the NBA over the last 4 seasons.

- As much as I love Mitch, we just saw Capela & Gobert get played off the floor in the playoffs. Knox just had a historically bad rookie season. DSJr still has flaws. Our young players aren't that good.

- If every GM could get a deal like that then we wouldn't see stars get traded for spare parts every summer.

- No, I don't think I'm God's gift to the world.

- Okay, then it's because we have the least amount of wins in the NBA over the last 4 seasons.

- As much as I love Mitch, we just saw Capela & Gobert get played off the floor in the playoffs. Knox just had a historically bad rookie season. DSJr still has flaws. Our young players aren't that good.

- If every GM could get a deal like that then we wouldn't see stars get traded for spare parts every summer.

- No, I don't think I'm God's gift to the world.
Just go back to ignoring me .. reading you is painful my dude. Your opinion is not a fact yet you try to make it so.

NYC is a hard place to play period.
Baseball
Football
Basketball
Etc
The media kills its players.
Yes, we were bad and couldn't do **** as we had to many bad contracts and no assets. Yet you want to act like we could aquire all these stars but they refused. LoL ok ..

So you think Mitch is a Capela/Golbert type of player??? Hell do you think Capela and Golbert are similar? Ok ...

Knox had a historically bad season, but yet Lonzo and Hart torched everyone. LoL ok ..

DSJrhas flaws but he is still more explosive than Lonzo and Hart or wait, nevermind Lonzo and Hart are the truth.

I guess there's also no significant drop off from 3rd to 4th either.

Plus all these 1st rounders that they fleeced from the Lakers are going to be better than what they could of have from the Knicks/Mavericks. For the next 3 to 4 years the Lakers can be contenders vices the Knicks that if they sign KD there's still be uncertainty.

And I dont have time to list all the GMs that have done similar trades. But I'll bring the one from your favorite team that gave the house to get Carmelo. Is not unheard off .... given Lebrons age and contract , it was the only move, waiting another year didnt make sense period. So yeah any dumb dumb could of have gotten the deal. Last year they would of have gotten more.

And yes you think your gods gift especially when you get with your NT groupies.

Just go back to ignoring me my dude. That worked best for you.

But for real Lonzo and Hart are pretty Bad. I’d rather take my chances with DSJ and Knox over them two. And those picks are severely overrated. They will all be late 1st rounders.

giphy.gif

I hate this narrative that you have to be good right off the bat. Bruh we just witnessed kawhi and siakam dominate a playoff run and both didn't get to where they are til their third/fourth year. Bothers me when people keep calling rookie/2nd year players trash especially when they're not even 21 yet.

What’s going on in here...

Anyway, gut feeling Knox looks much better this season. Calipari has a great eye for talent, listening to him speak about his players and he’s been spot on like crazy. Atleast Perry Mills are drafting guys who want to be good and aren’t only about the spotlight.

The direction of this franchise for the next 5 years will be known in the next 2 weeks.

Call me crazy but I'm really holding out hope for kawhi :lol: he was linked to us last summer & i know his uncle is from NJ/based in NJ too. I just don't see why he would go back out west when the east is wide open still. The path to the finals is much easier as u seen with what he did in Toronto

All these talking heads wouldn't know what to do with themselves if we somehow pull this off:pimp:
url

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom