Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

DLO, Randle, RJ, Knox, Mitch, DDOT, Trier and DSJ can eventually grow into a team that would be a problem to handle.

Forget KD and Kyrie. DLo and Randle will not only be cheaper, but they’re young enough to grow with the guys we already have. Let them build chemistry for a year or two and we’d be a SOLID team with some vets.

Yeah we are screwed.

DLo and Randle would be ok, but is it going to take us much better than the 6th or 7th seed? This Summer was meant to be the one that took us to a contender, not just back into 8th seed consideration.

Yeah we are screwed.

DLo and Randle would be ok, but is it going to take us much better than the 6th or 7th seed? This Summer was meant to be the one that took us to a contender, not just back into 8th seed consideration.

Way I see it the majority of the team are young guys so some playoff experience will help them grow. Then when they are more mature try to add a star to the roster via FA or a trade.

Even looking at FA the next few years..... there isn’t a lot there to wait for until 3 years from now

Way I see it the majority of the team are young guys so some playoff experience will help them grow. Then when they are more mature try to add a star to the roster via FA or a trade.

Even looking at FA the next few years..... there isn’t a lot there to wait for until 3 years from now
This is where I'm at as well, just hope one of our young guys really turns into a game changer. I'm ok that KP is gone with his BS but he had it potential when he's on the court.

A couple of us tried to keep dudes level headed and from drowning in the Kool Aid :lol:

I get it tho, we're passionate about this team and want to see us be competitive again by any means.

Unfortunately, the media preys on that passion (and the national hate) time and time again, for ratings.

For me, if it ain't logical, I'm ignoring it. Rather be pleasantly surprised than hang my hopes on improbable rumors.

We were dead last in the league last season, to think we would magically turn into a championship contender overnight was a recipe for a letdown.

Thankfully, we're still on track for the slow and steady rebuild and the possibility that RJ develops into a generational talent is greater than all of this super team stuff we've been hearing for months.

I'm still excited for the future, regardless of what happens in free agency.

Let’s be honest. The KP trade was ******ed. I bought into the “we wouldn’t do this without a sure plan” thing, but realizing my first instincts were correct.

Let’s be honest. The KP trade was ******ed. I bought into the “we wouldn’t do this without a sure plan” thing, but realizing my first instincts were correct.
Why do some people think that we were trading for Kevin Durant? Did you not see/hear all the other circumstances around that trade? Did you really want KP and his brother here when they clearly didn't want to be?

You gotta let go. The trade was to move a disgruntled 7 footer coming off an ACL tear and we managed to clear our worst contract and scoop up a few draft picks. Is the only way you'd be satisfied with the trade if we ended up signing KD and Kyrie?

We're all too smart to fall for the media reaching for stories all year, man. Seriously.

Why do some people think that we were trading for Kevin Durant? Did you not see/hear all the other circumstances around that trade? Did you really want KP and his brother here when they clearly didn't want to be?

You gotta let go. The trade was to move a disgruntled 7 footer coming off an ACL tear and we managed to clear our worst contract and scoop up a few draft picks. Is the only way you'd be satisfied with the trade if we ended up signing KD and Kyrie?

We're all too smart to fall for the media reaching for stories all year, man. Seriously.
I’m aware that KP demanded to leave. It’s also a fact that we got a terrible return on the trade. Look around the league at all the disgruntled stars. We managed the situation terribly.

You’re asking if I would keep a guy here who doesn’t want to be? Absolutely, I don’t give a damn. I certainly wouldn’t give him up for scraps and cap space I can’t use.

Disgruntled players around the league who haven’t completely proven themselves coming off an injury that is agreed to change a player for the worst? Are you comparing this to Anthony’s Davis.

I loved KP like everyone else, but has he played a full season?

Back
Top Bottom